GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA : vice city"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/06/02 at 18:20
Regular
This place is empty so im just gonna put down what i know about GTA ; vice city so far.

IT wont be a proper sequel to GTA3 but not a little add on that was expected. this is not GTA4 but more like the PCs version of GTA: London that came out a while ago.

IT is scheduled for a release on the 22nd of October, which for many of you will probably be the greatest friday ever seeing a a little known football game called Pro Evo 2 comes out that day aswell.

Many old faces are expected to show up with the likes of Donald Love and Ray the bent cop returning, maybe it is time that Darkel made an appearance seeing as the developers cut him out at the last minute. THe main character will hopefully stay the same or else it would seem pointless to change the character, maybe this time he will be able to talk and actually have a name.

The Game is set in the 80's so dont go expecting any laser guns or brand new machine guns. The cars are more then likely going to be convertibles and some top quality nice ones.

And probably for some of you the main high point will be the inclusion of motorbikes, well when you look at the box there is a picture of a bike that looks cool.

I hope you will be able to do more "Group" missions because in all honesty i found that the missions you did where YOU alone had to go and kill around 30 people a bit like james bond games which i also find boring, so what i want is more of the "bank robbery" missions where you and about four other people go and do a mission which i thought was really cool.

I wouldnt mind having either two or three people with you all the time anyways because thats the sort of thing i like to do, go round killing with a few friends i.e Final Fantasy X

well i just hope the game comes out soon, and hopefully it will be as long as GTA3
Mon 08/07/02 at 10:02
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Check out http://www.kentpaul.com

Its the first "fake" site for Vice City. A bit like petsovernight.com or lovemedia.com

It should be the first place for new info so its worth monitoring. One screen shot already but it does not show much except a nice sunset shot
Mon 08/07/02 at 10:22
Regular
"  "
Whats that Flash 6 all about? I download it but still get the message. Weird. Oh and do you think the map layout will be the same as the Vice City on GTA like GTA3's map was the same as one of the levels on GTA.
Mon 08/07/02 at 10:56
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Whats that Flash 6 all about? I download it but still get the message.
> Weird. Oh and do you think the map layout will be the same as the Vice
> City on GTA like GTA3's map was the same as one of the levels on GTA.

Download the Flash 6 player so you get the downloaded succesful message then close your browser and restart it. If you go back to the site it will work then. Most of it is under construction but is worth a look

I must admit I never noticed the similarity with the maps but it has been a long time since I played GTA. What map is the one that is the same?

I`m looking forward to more speedboat stages in this new game. It was OK in GTA3 but a lot more can be done with this section. Personally I love recreating "Live and Let Die" moments by using the boat to jump the road and land back in the water. Call me sad but I`m a real bond fan deep down.

I really hope this game is not going to get too hyped and be a letdown. The first game managed to have little hype and even got slated by a few magazines in their early reviews.
Mon 08/07/02 at 11:19
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Whats that Flash 6 all about.

Got exactly the same problem, doesn't install properly but if when you fire up the browser just click no or cancel and the site loads in.

Well that's the way I got round it anyway. :-)
Mon 08/07/02 at 11:25
Regular
"  "
Thanks. The map in GTA that is the same as GTA3 is the first city called Liberty City. On GTA the bridge is always bust but u can jump over it.
Mon 08/07/02 at 15:21
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Thanks. The map in GTA that is the same as GTA3 is the first city
> called Liberty City. On GTA the bridge is always bust but u can jump
> over it.

Ahh, I remember it now. That was the bridge where I always used the motorbike to jump over. I miss those blinking motorbikes. Being able to to recreate all those childhood "Streethawk" fantasies - priceless

If were lucky we may even be able to go back to blowing up those Hari Krishna blokes in their orange robes
Mon 08/07/02 at 18:40
Regular
talking about motorbikes....

the screenshot of the new box ahs a picture of a motorbike on it so maybe we will be able to use them.

and the hari krishna blokes were cool in GTA1 and 2.

"Gouranga" and "Elvis has left the building" came up if you ran them all over
Tue 09/07/02 at 09:48
Regular
"  "
Fangface, looks like news monkey got hold of your story :D
Tue 09/07/02 at 13:46
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Fangface, looks like news monkey got hold of your story :D

Disgraceful behaviour nicking my exclusive. I am so angry I'm going to do nothing at all!

Oh, well I was just spreading the news and more people are likely to see it on the main page.

I would have got away with it had it not being for you pesky kids!!!!!
Tue 09/07/02 at 14:41
Regular
"  "
We didn't ask you to post it. And kid? I'll have you know i have left school....er....2 weeks ago :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.