GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA : vice city"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/06/02 at 18:20
Regular
This place is empty so im just gonna put down what i know about GTA ; vice city so far.

IT wont be a proper sequel to GTA3 but not a little add on that was expected. this is not GTA4 but more like the PCs version of GTA: London that came out a while ago.

IT is scheduled for a release on the 22nd of October, which for many of you will probably be the greatest friday ever seeing a a little known football game called Pro Evo 2 comes out that day aswell.

Many old faces are expected to show up with the likes of Donald Love and Ray the bent cop returning, maybe it is time that Darkel made an appearance seeing as the developers cut him out at the last minute. THe main character will hopefully stay the same or else it would seem pointless to change the character, maybe this time he will be able to talk and actually have a name.

The Game is set in the 80's so dont go expecting any laser guns or brand new machine guns. The cars are more then likely going to be convertibles and some top quality nice ones.

And probably for some of you the main high point will be the inclusion of motorbikes, well when you look at the box there is a picture of a bike that looks cool.

I hope you will be able to do more "Group" missions because in all honesty i found that the missions you did where YOU alone had to go and kill around 30 people a bit like james bond games which i also find boring, so what i want is more of the "bank robbery" missions where you and about four other people go and do a mission which i thought was really cool.

I wouldnt mind having either two or three people with you all the time anyways because thats the sort of thing i like to do, go round killing with a few friends i.e Final Fantasy X

well i just hope the game comes out soon, and hopefully it will be as long as GTA3
Thu 12/09/02 at 21:54
Regular
"Max Power"
ive heard its true but not completely sure about it i think it will be about 8/10 chance
Thu 12/09/02 at 21:23
I read somewhere that the police can chase you in a helicopter and in boats instead of just in cars. Is this true?
Thu 12/09/02 at 21:07
Regular
"Max Power"
on gta vc there WILL BE

Pedestrians can now interact with eachother. (Talking; getting in fights, etc.)

There are flyable helicopters.

You can ride motorcycles.

You can shoot out tires.

There will be knives.

There will be jetskis.

You can fly airplanes.

Cessna-like plane, military helicopter, airport.

Tommy Vercetti can change his clothes during the game.

and police drop from helicopters
Thu 12/09/02 at 20:56
Regular
Ray Liotta... wrote:

>
> I'm also watching some mafiosi movies to get in the mood...
>
> Godfather 1,2+3
> Mafia (spoof)
> Scarface
> Carlito's Way
> Pulp Fiction (just gotta watch it again and again)
> Goodfella's
> Donnie Brasco
> Boogie Nights

> whatever i find lyin about.
Thu 12/09/02 at 20:35
Regular
"i am fubby"
i can't wait until it comes out
Thu 12/09/02 at 20:23
Regular
yeh i think i read that before
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:32
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Here is some information on the game:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s.

Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in the glamorous, hedonistic metropolis of Vice City. He's set up and is left with no money and no merchandise. Sonny wants his money back, but the biker gangs, Cuban gangsters, and corrupt politicians stand in his way. Most of Vice City seems to want Tommy dead. His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself.

From the decade of big hair, excess and pastel suits comes a story of one man's rise to the top of the criminal pile as Grand Theft Auto returns to the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system this October. Vice City is a huge urban sprawl ranging from the beach to the swamps and the glitz to the ghetto, and is the most varied, complete and alive digital city ever created. Combining non-linear gameplay with a character driven narrative, you arrive in a town brimming with delights and degradation and are given the opportunity to take it over as you choose.

As a major gateway to South America and the Caribbean and attracting migrants, Vice City is brimming with diverse characters, so there's a friend for everyone. It is a sociable place and the new guy in town is sure to meet all manner of friendly people in the sunshine capital of America. Athletes, pop stars, real estate developers, politicians, trailer trash, everyone is moving to Vice City to find out what makes it the number one growth city in America. But, as Tommy quickly finds out, trust is still the rarest of commodities.

Vice City offers vehicular pleasures to suit every taste. For the speed enthusiast, there's high-performance cars and motorbikes. For the sportsman, a powerboat or a golf buggy lets you enjoy the great outdoors. For those that need that sense of freedom and escape, why not charter a helicopter and see the beauty of Vice City from the air?

As the party capital of America, you would expect your ears to be seduced by a host of sultry melodies and pumping beats, but the city is truly rocking. You'll be AMAZED as you sweep through Vice City's FM dial. If you are feeling like trouble, you can tune into some driving rock, or some crucial electro, or maybe you want to slow down with some sweet soul, and there will always be some great romantic anthems if you want to really take your mind off things.

For the action man, or outdoors type, there's tons of fun things to do and adventures to be had… guaranteed. For the secretive or creepy type, Vice City is full of surprises, a place where you'll constantly be surprised by the vivacious, fun-loving types who live there and the things you can discover.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is the most diverse and ambitious piece of interactive entertainment yet created. The game is developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games.

I got this information from http://www.rockstargames.com/gtavicecity/
Tue 10/09/02 at 19:49
Regular
im starting a thing whereby i have to finish GTA before my birthday. With the workload the teachers are piling on me it should be finished just around then.

I'm also watching some mafiosi movies to get in the mood...

Godfather 1,2+3
Mafia (spoof)
Scareface
Carlito's Way
Pulp Fiction (just gotta watch it again and again)

whatever i find lyin about.
Tue 10/09/02 at 19:47
Regular
Wow - I've just seen the new screenshots - I don't mind that the release has been pushed back if it looks this good.
Tue 10/09/02 at 19:17
Regular
i want this game, finish conflict desert storm just in time

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.