GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The OFFICIAL V-rally 3 post."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/06/02 at 13:30
Regular
Heres my V-rally 3 post! To start us off i will write info on the game including comparisons to WRC, Pros and Cons. Reply with your views on the game.

V-rally 3 (http://www.v-rally.com/)

Pros +

-Great graphics especially lightning effects.
-Damage that actually effects performance.
-Extensive career mode. Allows you to change teams, create a driver, ect. Each bit is seperated with cut scenes, pre race preperation sequences/new season drivers unvailments ect.
-Competitiors develope skills so the longer you progress the more change you can see in competitors. i.e. rookies improving ect.
-16 rally cars. Eight 1.6 Litre and eight 2.0 litre.
-Offers a good challenge.
-Handling is better than GT3 rally mode. Easing the car around the corner is satisfying.
-6 countries, 5 tracks for each. This is less than WRC but the work gone into making the tracks challenging and prettier is clearly evident.

Cons -

-Steep learning curve.
-Acceleration may seem a bit slow so losing to much speed can lead to frustration.
-Two player is simultanious rather than split screen.
-No actual liscenses drivers (although this can be a good thing so you can feel like your in your own fantasy rally career rather than replicating a real life counterpart).
-Co driver appears to have breathed in helium.

My overall score 9/10

WRC (http://www.evos.net/)

Pros +

-108 stages altogether in 14 different countries.
-All the licenced drivers and cars from the WRC. Except Mr McRae.
-Above average graphics with great draw distance.
-Textured Drivers faces.
-Big cliffs to roll over

Cons -

-Very twitchy handling.
-Tracks in same country dont vary a great deal.
-Damage is not ver evident.
-Weather effects aren't brilliant.
-No decent career mode.
-takes a while to get into it.

My overall score 7/10

So theres the pros and cons. But how do they vary with each other?

Graphics- Winner V-rally 3. The lighting effects...the beautifal lighting effects!

Gameplay- Winner V-rally 3. WRC is just too twitchy. Even if it wasn't it would take alot to beat V-rally 3's.

Sound- Winner WRC. Nice engine effects and decent co-drivers.

Realism- Winner both- Although V-rally has more realistic handling and a better career mode, WRC does bost all the licensing.

Overall- Winner V-rally 3. V-rally 3 is the more solid affair and does include a great career mode, fantastic graphics and better handling. WRC is good with decent licensing and lots of tracks but while V-rally 3 is recieving the winners trophy, WRC is limping sadly over the line.

Thanks for reading and i hope you agree. Please note i am basing this on the time i have had on both the games. (About 5 hours V-rally 3 and about 14 hours WRC)

Now lets start this conversation!
Sun 23/06/02 at 10:59
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Hmm, the career mode sounds pretty good, just a shame about the multiplayer bit. Would not have minded a split screen or multitap option, that would have been great. Theres only ATV that has really impressed me with the 4 way screen in racing games, and thats damn fun, better than any one player game when you have 4 mates racing through some dodgy terrain knocking each other off. V-rally could have had that...shame.

Still going to have to think about it though...theres MOH just waiting to be had also.
Mon 24/06/02 at 12:10
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Saw the TV advert for this last night on channel 4, made me sit up in bed and pay attention.

Game looked flippin amazing so I think I'll be parting with some more cash very shortly.
Mon 24/06/02 at 12:39
Regular
"  "
Did i meantion 'A' do the sound track? It's a nice intro to watch and listen to.....and whats wrong with 'A'? I like them :)
Mon 24/06/02 at 12:46
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
No you didnt mention that fact, I've never heard of them but thats mainly because I don't listen to the radio or the charts due to unprecedented amount of pop shi....that seems to be there.

If I get it I'll let you know what I think of the into, always watch the intro to a new game, then it's skip skip skip in the future!
Mon 24/06/02 at 12:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
*Taps foot waiting for the magic GAD Van*
Mon 24/06/02 at 12:59
Regular
"  "
They aint pop lol......there A as in 'nothing' and 'starbucks'
Mon 24/06/02 at 19:23
Na†ßu© wrote:
> They aint pop lol......there A as in 'nothing' and 'starbucks'

haha, they are definately pop - punk pop that is. Along with the likes of sum 41 and new found glory. Anyway i dont want to get into a music argument.

I got V-Rally 3 on saturday and its great. One thing that annoyed me was the multiplayer. Cant they have made it like V-Rally's multiplayer? That was so damn fun!
Tue 25/06/02 at 10:07
Regular
"  "
Hmm ok but it seemed like Jive was getti ng mixed up with A1 Grrrr :D

Anyway like u say a good multiplayer would have been good. Also the track editor off V rally 2 would be ace but probably very hard to do for Atari.

Mr Chainsaw what team do you race for. Currently this is my status.

N.Buchanan- English

Asphalt (Salt sweat, sugar on the asphalt, Ah hah...sorry)- C rated
Gravel- B rated
Snow- B rated

Season 1

Team VW- Polo

Morale- Crap
Reliabilty- Excellent
Performance- Crap
Budget- Crap

Team standing- 8th
Driver standing- 14th

Season 2

Team Citreon- Saxo

Morale- Crap
Reliabilty- Ok
Performance- Ok
Budget- Crap

Team standing- 8th
Driver standing- 15th

Season 3

Team VW- Polo

Morale- Crap
Reliabilty- Crap
Performance- Crap
Budget- Bad

Team standing- 7th
Driver standing- 16th

Season 4

Team Citreon- Saxo

Morale- Crap
Reliabilty- Crap
Performance- Bad
Budget- Crap

Team standing- Currently 4th
Driver standing- Currently 11th

There we go.
Tue 25/06/02 at 10:27
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Sounds like this game is hard. Is it too hard or nicly challenging?

Are you guys playing it with a steering wheel, or does dual analoge good enough?
Tue 25/06/02 at 10:33
Regular
"  "
oasismark wrote:
> Sounds like this game is hard. Is it too hard or nicely challenging?

Lol....i see you have been looking at my positions :D

And yes..the game is nicely challenging

> Are you guys playing it with a steering wheel, or does dual analoge
> good enough?

I have been playing with the GT Force wheel, Speedster one doesn't work, but i was quite surprised at how well the analogue controller works on it. The x button is accelerate and the analogue feature on it works very well. U do get a lot of speed control from it. It's very good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.