GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The OFFICIAL V-rally 3 post."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/06/02 at 13:30
Regular
Heres my V-rally 3 post! To start us off i will write info on the game including comparisons to WRC, Pros and Cons. Reply with your views on the game.

V-rally 3 (http://www.v-rally.com/)

Pros +

-Great graphics especially lightning effects.
-Damage that actually effects performance.
-Extensive career mode. Allows you to change teams, create a driver, ect. Each bit is seperated with cut scenes, pre race preperation sequences/new season drivers unvailments ect.
-Competitiors develope skills so the longer you progress the more change you can see in competitors. i.e. rookies improving ect.
-16 rally cars. Eight 1.6 Litre and eight 2.0 litre.
-Offers a good challenge.
-Handling is better than GT3 rally mode. Easing the car around the corner is satisfying.
-6 countries, 5 tracks for each. This is less than WRC but the work gone into making the tracks challenging and prettier is clearly evident.

Cons -

-Steep learning curve.
-Acceleration may seem a bit slow so losing to much speed can lead to frustration.
-Two player is simultanious rather than split screen.
-No actual liscenses drivers (although this can be a good thing so you can feel like your in your own fantasy rally career rather than replicating a real life counterpart).
-Co driver appears to have breathed in helium.

My overall score 9/10

WRC (http://www.evos.net/)

Pros +

-108 stages altogether in 14 different countries.
-All the licenced drivers and cars from the WRC. Except Mr McRae.
-Above average graphics with great draw distance.
-Textured Drivers faces.
-Big cliffs to roll over

Cons -

-Very twitchy handling.
-Tracks in same country dont vary a great deal.
-Damage is not ver evident.
-Weather effects aren't brilliant.
-No decent career mode.
-takes a while to get into it.

My overall score 7/10

So theres the pros and cons. But how do they vary with each other?

Graphics- Winner V-rally 3. The lighting effects...the beautifal lighting effects!

Gameplay- Winner V-rally 3. WRC is just too twitchy. Even if it wasn't it would take alot to beat V-rally 3's.

Sound- Winner WRC. Nice engine effects and decent co-drivers.

Realism- Winner both- Although V-rally has more realistic handling and a better career mode, WRC does bost all the licensing.

Overall- Winner V-rally 3. V-rally 3 is the more solid affair and does include a great career mode, fantastic graphics and better handling. WRC is good with decent licensing and lots of tracks but while V-rally 3 is recieving the winners trophy, WRC is limping sadly over the line.

Thanks for reading and i hope you agree. Please note i am basing this on the time i have had on both the games. (About 5 hours V-rally 3 and about 14 hours WRC)

Now lets start this conversation!
Tue 16/07/02 at 09:22
Regular
"  "
Turbonutter wrote:
> Na†ßu© wrote:
> Cool. Is it similar to the PS2 version?
>
> *snorts*
>
> Heh, I'm in Greece. Read my "We're all going on a summer
> holiday" post in the web forum for more info.
>
> I'm not sure if it's 3000 miles. Anyone care to give an exact
> distance?

I'll get auto route out :D
Mon 15/07/02 at 20:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Cool. Is it similar to the PS2 version?

*snorts*

Heh, I'm in Greece. Read my "We're all going on a summer holiday" post in the web forum for more info.

I'm not sure if it's 3000 miles. Anyone care to give an exact distance?
Mon 15/07/02 at 09:40
Regular
"  "
Cool. Is it similar to the PS2 version?
Sun 14/07/02 at 18:20
i got V-Rally 3 on the GBA the other day. Its excellent for a handheld
Sat 13/07/02 at 20:40
Regular
"  "
3000 miles? You gone to Africa to try it out for real or summit?
Sat 13/07/02 at 20:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Nah, as I said my car was terminated before I could get pictures.

Thanks though. I will get more when I'm not 3000miles away from my PS2.
Sat 06/07/02 at 15:06
Regular
"  "
Nice screens Turbonutter. Remind me of every stage when i raced for Toyota. Cant see the twig though or are we not looking for a twig?
Sat 06/07/02 at 14:03
Regular
Ronaldinho_da_2nd wrote:
> Hi, I'm new here but i came here because I'm very intreagued by
> V-Rally 3.

Sorry for this, but LOL. Check that out! Hi, I'm new here...I say BS to that. You came here cos of V-Rally 3? NO...you came here to cheat SR out of another GAD. Meh, what a lier.
Fri 05/07/02 at 08:58
i was doing a time trial for a team once and didnt get the time and my co driver said at the end: 'for f##k sake!' bleeped out. It was quite funny
Fri 05/07/02 at 02:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Photos, as promised:

http://tnr.mine.nu/stuff/vr3

Well, probably available about 10 minutes after I post this, although I doubt many of you will be rushing to click at this time of "night".

Oh, read the description :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.