GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what happens when u die"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/06/02 at 18:51
Regular
what happens when we die something must happen not just so u can only see black so what does happen let hear your what u think
Thu 13/06/02 at 12:39
"Mimmargh!"
Though slightly trailing away from the topic, I saw a program yesterday about parrallel universes. Now some scientists have come up with M-Theory.
This is that all universes are just membranes floating about in hyperspace. So maybe all these membranes make up a whole. Like a giant brain. And that brain is God in a sense and we are just part of this imagination to keep this entity entertained/happy/company.

Either that or I am mad...
Thu 13/06/02 at 13:07
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> The complexity of biology for one, why should any "all
> powerful" life form see fit to create such a complex system?
>

But no amount of time bending will
> ever make God a fact. Unless he/she/it decides to show him/her/itself.
> Which I don't see happening tbh.

Don't you see the most blatant piece of evidence that god exists? You yourself pointed it out earlier in your argument. Go and look in the mirror, what do you see? You see one of the most advanced, complex pieces of machinery that has ever been seen on this world. Every part of your body is a work of art. Your eyes are instant cameras, but far more powerful. Your ears are complex positional listening devices. Your tongue which just happens to be placed in your mouth where it can savour the food that you eat. Your brain which analyzes all the data thrown at it and can give us the best thing we could ever ask for - happiness.

Why would all these incredibly complicated devices happen to appear on living matter. Why are we designed in such a way that we can enjoy life? Why aren't we just rolling blobs of fat that absorb nutrition from the soil and have no emotions or feelings?

Why? It's because we were created, and created with the capability to enjoy life to the full, created by a loving god who cares. Anyone who cannot realise this most blatant piece of evidence of god's existence really hasn't given this matter much thought.
Thu 13/06/02 at 13:30
"Darkness, always"
Brew wrote:
> Don't you see the most blatant piece of evidence that god exists? You
> yourself pointed it out earlier in your argument. Go and look in the
> mirror, what do you see? You see one of the most advanced, complex
> pieces of machinery that has ever been seen on this world. Every part
> of your body is a work of art. Your eyes are instant cameras, but far
> more powerful. Your ears are complex positional listening devices.
> Your tongue which just happens to be placed in your mouth where it can
> savour the food that you eat. Your brain which analyzes all the data
> thrown at it and can give us the best thing we could ever ask for -
> happiness.

All of our senses are greatly surpassed by creatures in the animal kingdom. We are an inferior creation. The only thing we have going for us is our brains. A massively complex piece of biological machinery. As for eyes being instant cameras... You look in the mirror, just a glance. Now recall everything you saw, to the finest detail. Not just your face, but everything in the background. Can you do it? No. Your eyes do only one thing, make the visual sense available for your brain to interpret. It's not divine in any sense.

As for "happiness", it's just a combination of endorphines and chemical reactions in the brain, again, no mystery there, just complexity. We can also feel sadness, depression, stress, hate, fear. All of these typified by chemical reactions.

We can also feel pain - physical pain - from electrical signalling. This is not divine, in fact, it's little more than an information system for your brain.

> Why would all these incredibly complicated devices happen to appear on
> living matter. Why are we designed in such a way that we can enjoy
> life? Why aren't we just rolling blobs of fat that absorb nutrition
> from the soil and have no emotions or feelings?

These incredibly complex biologies exist because our natural environment dictates that we need them. As predators (which we are in essence) we need eyes to see, and we need our eyes in front of our head, to judge distances to prey. We need ears, to hear movement we can't see, to seek that which would evade us. We have a sense of smell, so we can sense those who would hunt us, and so that we can sense those we cannot see or hear. All our senses exist because they are necessary for our survival, not as some gift from the heavens. Even if you don't believe in evolution, you have to recognise that every creature on this earth is designed for its specific environment. That isn't devine influence, it's natural order. And who's to say we are designed to enjoy life? So we have thoughts and feelings. What is the most prominent of these in all human life?

Greed.

We are designed to carve out what we need, and to take what we want, when we can. We are designed to evaluate goals, and circumvent any obstacles in our path. We are six foot omeabas. This is why some live in the lap of luxury, while others suffer. This is why we war with one another. This is why we hate, why we love, why we destroy and conquer. We are the result of tens of thousands of years of greed.

> Why? It's because we were created, and created with the capability to
> enjoy life to the full, created by a loving god who cares. Anyone who
> cannot realise this most blatant piece of evidence of god's existence
> really hasn't given this matter much thought.

Cares? I hate this about religious folk. Even if by some "miracle" we were created by some God. But he doesn't care, he abandonded his creation thousands of years ago.

lots of people have pets, a caring pet owner ensures that his pet is never without, well looked after, and healthy.

Are we? Half the worlds population live in fear, poverty, disease. Surrounded by failure, death, destruction, war and famine. We live on the brink, despite what people think, incurable diseases are everywhere - ebola, aids, cancer. Tyrants rule over people who hate them, and deprive those people for their on glory. People cut down forests killing off hundreds of other species, just so that other people can have paper, or wooden ornaments, or just some landspace.

Not only are we killing off the world, we are killing off ourselves, and have been for millennia. If your God exists, be under no impression other than that he does not give a damn about you.
Thu 13/06/02 at 13:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You die and that's it.
Until I see proof otherwise.
And it must be real proof, not just some quiet bloke in a dog collar going "Ahhh but that's faith".

Faith can lick my bung
Thu 13/06/02 at 13:43
Regular
"not dead"
Plant tongue firmly in cheek:

George Michael used to sing about having faith, and he turned out to be a homosexual. What does that say for your Gods?
Thu 13/06/02 at 13:45
Regular
""
I reckon that when you die you wake up as a baby when you've been born at the start of the life you've just had! As in start it again and try to make a better path for your life!
Thu 13/06/02 at 13:46
"Darkness, always"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Plant tongue firmly in cheek:
>
> George Michael used to sing about having faith, and he turned out to
> be a homosexual. What does that say for your Gods?

lol!!
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I want all the "gods" to get together and have a massive throwdown.
An Ultimate Fighting Championship to see who is the biggest and strongest.
And then we can all realise the awesome power of the victorious Deity and there can be no more arguments about "My god is better than yours".

Vishnu, Krishna, Kali, Jesus Sr, Buddha, Allah etc all stripped to the waist and punching for their lives.

"I worship Allah!"
"He's a fairy, Buddha trounced him in the 2nd"
"...damn"
"And you can shut up Jehova, 'cos Kali owned your figurehead in 1"
"...you are correct"

End. Of. Story
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Weird Wonder wrote:
> I reckon that when you die you wake up as a baby when you've been born
> at the start of the life you've just had! As in start it again and try
> to make a better path for your life!

--

Hello Buddha.
Thu 13/06/02 at 13:49
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Goatboy wrote:
> You die and that's it.
> Until I see proof otherwise.
> And it must be real proof, not just some quiet bloke in a dog collar
> going "Ahhh but that's faith".

Yup, nicely put.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.