GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what happens when u die"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/06/02 at 18:51
Regular
what happens when we die something must happen not just so u can only see black so what does happen let hear your what u think
Wed 12/06/02 at 21:58
Regular
"I like cheese"
Edgy wrote:
> I know this is again turning into a religious debate, and I respect
> everyones beliefs, but, If God exists, why did he create us in the
> form of monkeys first?

He didn't. It's a theory, which has been disproved by it's creator on his deathbed and now a lot of scientists.

It is now called, "Creationary Evolution."

People say it's been 'accepted', but that's only because they can't be bothered to work it out for themselves and just accept what everyone else says.

And anyway, I don't need facts to believe, I have personal experiences which are more important than any supposed 'fact'.
Wed 12/06/02 at 22:05
Regular
"I like cheese"
Anyway, can't be bothered to argue now. Did enough of that in the religion vs science topic.

I don't believe in Evolution, you do. I believe in God and an afterlife, and you don't. That's fine.

But if I knew you in person I would spend many of my waking hours trying to persuade you otherwise. :D

*goes off to chat to God*
Thu 13/06/02 at 08:56
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
This was once said by the late-great Bill Hicks;

"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condencsed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conscience experiencing itself subjectively, there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves..."
Thu 13/06/02 at 11:09
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Edgy wrote:
> I know this is again turning into a religious debate, and I respect
> everyones beliefs, but, If God exists, why did he create us in the
> form of monkeys first?

He most definitely did not, that is one of the very first theories as to the existence of man, and it has somehow stuck. There are thousands of pieces of evidence disproving this which would fill a book. But I'm not going to write a book here, just give you a simple thought to chew on.

'If monkeys evolved into humans, why are all current monkeys not evolving. Why are there no half-evolved humans around. At the moment we have monkeys.......and we have humans, nothing in between'

As I said that is one argument out of many, the amount of facts against this belief are so overwhelming that its a crime that they still teach it in schools.
Thu 13/06/02 at 11:15
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Ant wrote:

I believe in God and an
> afterlife.

OK, I agree that God does exist, but what evidence is there to support the belief of an afterlife? That is just another of many theories that humans have invented so as to feel safe, and not fear death as much as they otherwise might have. They comfort themselves on the thought that death can't be the very end of their life.........can it?

Likewise the thought of heaven and hell is another belief invented simply to make people behave themselves, and do more good in the world. How many people have com back to relate their experiences or confirm it's existence though?
Thu 13/06/02 at 11:25
"Darkness, always"
The whole "half-evolved" argument is so stupid.

Why are there no half evolved humans? Well, they didn't adapt quick enough, and the fully evolved humans likely killed them all.

Why aren't monkeys evolving? Well, why should they? They have adapted well to their environment, and the only break in equilibrium is caused by us hacking down their trees.

As for the numerous arguments against evolution, sure, there are arguments against, but the evidence for the theory is equally strong. The complexity of biology for one, why should any "all powerful" life form see fit to create such a complex system? The answer is, they wouldn't. We would simply be shaped pieces of rock, or clay, capable of movement only because we have been gifted a soul.

Our appendix... Why is there?

Rats - master of adaptation, the species evolving with almost every generation to become immune to virus after virus, pesticide after pesticide.

Lungfish...

etc.

But it is still a theory, and until we learn to accelerate time in a controlled environment to observe species over prolongued time periods, it will never be fact. But no amount of time bending will ever make God a fact. Unless he/she/it decides to show him/her/itself. Which I don't see happening tbh.
Thu 13/06/02 at 11:26
"Darkness, always"
Oh, and there is only one way to find out if there is an afterlife...
Thu 13/06/02 at 11:27
"Darkness, always"
And before someone says it, no, you can't go back in time.
Thu 13/06/02 at 11:42
Regular
"not dead"
When you die the many aspects of you are seperated in a number of different ways.

Through the memories of others your spirit lives on.

Depending upon your religious belief, your soul may move on to a better place, or get back in the queue to have another go.

And your body? Sooner or later it will be sold on for kebab meat.
Thu 13/06/02 at 12:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
When you die thats it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.