GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what happens when u die"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/06/02 at 18:51
Regular
what happens when we die something must happen not just so u can only see black so what does happen let hear your what u think
Mon 17/06/02 at 18:51
You probably get another life. There's something in this universe it's doing it...
Fri 14/06/02 at 10:32
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Mr. Happy wrote:
> Okay weighing in on the religious aspect.. a number of questions:
>
> 1) is it not possible that an all powerful God created the
> world/universe and then died Neitzsche stylee and thus accounting for
> his apparent lack of involvement in human life roughly after the end
> of the New Testament?

Which lack of invovement is this then ? He is certainly involved in my life and is and has been involved in many millions of other peoples lifes. Apart form the obvious thing of not accepting God in your life so not experiencing things yourself you presumably do not do any reading so have not read of the many things that have happened over the last two thousand years and are still happening today.

Call me names if you like but there is a woman I know who has not been able to walk without crutches for the last three years, she has some muscle wasting disease. Two weeks ago she came running up to me to give me a hug cos she was so happy that she was cured, not by medicine. Just because miracles do not make the front pages of the sun to be ridiculed does not mean they do not happen today. You probably think it's bs becuase you have a closed mind, but I have seen this and more happen. If only people would open their eyes a bit more.

>
> 2) if God didn't, at what point exactly did He decide that homo
> sapiens was in his image and therefore decide to back them all the way
> instead of homo erectus, who is technically in his image as well?

How much difference is there between the two ? Homo erectus has been found throughout the world, supposedly smaller than the average human of today with a proportionately smaller head and brain cavity. However, the brain size is within the range of people today and studies of the middle ear have shown that he was just like current Homo sapiens. Remains are found throughout the world in the same proximity to remains of ordinary humans, suggesting coexistence. One of the most complete 1.65 million year old skeletons found of homo erectus at Lake Turkana has been identified as that of a 12/14 year old boy at a height of 5ft 4 inches. How does that differ from homo sapiens ? Even today we vary enormously in size and proportion from dwarf adults of 2ft 6inches up to 7 foot plus.

How would scientists in 2 million years interpret that ? As completely different species ? probably.

>
> 3) Why the need to personify God? If you do that then you get into the
> whole good/evil debate by representing God as a human-like entity, for
> instance why did God create the human eye and eye eating bacteria, is
> that not just evil. Alternatively, the old chestnut could God create a
> rock he couldn't lift? If you see Him as an energy, or as energy,
> rather than as a human then it's much easier to understand such
> questions. For if God is energy then he can do anything and is
> omnipotent/omnipresent and perhaps even omniscient in the computer
> age.

We personify God for our own sake as to try and comprehend a being in any other form is just to difficult for us to do.

>
> 4) Why is God so nasty in the Old testament and so nice in the New
> Testament?
>

He's not nasty, he just got a bit peed off with how we were acting at times and so sorted us out a bit. He then sent Jesus to give us the chance to start again with a clean slate ready for the big battle to come ..

> 5) If all humans come from Adam and Eve isn't that incest?

Plonker - you were coming up with some good stuff until then ;-)

If all evolved from a single protozoa then it would be just the same !
Thu 13/06/02 at 22:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
Sibs wrote:
> Ant what is {:) ?
>
> A smiley wearing a hat or something...? All these new smileys confuse
> me... :S
>
> ;-)

Heh, I made it up ages ago, it's just meant to the top of the head I suppose, or maybe hair.

Anyway, pb told me that it looked like the Pringles head, which is why I have my own little catchphrase which I haven't used in yonks...

And I won't use it now either. {:)
Thu 13/06/02 at 22:12
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Okay weighing in on the religious aspect.. a number of questions:

1) is it not possible that an all powerful God created the world/universe and then died Neitzsche stylee and thus accounting for his apparent lack of involvement in human life roughly after the end of the New Testament?

2) if God didn't, at what point exactly did He decide that homo sapiens was in his image and therefore decide to back them all the way instead of homo erectus, who is technically in his image as well?

3) Why the need to personify God? If you do that then you get into the whole good/evil debate by representing God as a human-like entity, for instance why did God create the human eye and eye eating bacteria, is that not just evil. Alternatively, the old chestnut could God create a rock he couldn't lift? If you see Him as an energy, or as energy, rather than as a human then it's much easier to understand such questions. For if God is energy then he can do anything and is omnipotent/omnipresent and perhaps even omniscient in the computer age.

4) Why is God so nasty in the Old testament and so nice in the New Testament?

5) If all humans come from Adam and Eve isn't that incest?
Thu 13/06/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Ant what is {:) ?

A smiley wearing a hat or something...? All these new smileys confuse me... :S

;-)
Thu 13/06/02 at 22:04
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I reckon when you die it's just like sleeping, but with no dreams. ie. nothing. You can't think, you're just gone. I don't reckon your 'soul' or mind go into some other plane or whatever, I just think it's the end of the line.

If I'm proved wrong when I die, I'll send you a postcard ;-)
Thu 13/06/02 at 21:58
Regular
"I like cheese"
cookie monster wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> I just can't see
> how we evolved so 'perfectly', especially if you believe in today's
> physics, which obviously most of you do.
>
> We have evolved over millions of years, anything less than perfect
> would be a failure.

That's what Darwin said, before he realised how many flaws there were in his theory and he disproved it on his deathbed.

That's what the scientists said, before they realised the flaws too and came up with "Creationary Evolution." Seems to me we're slowly creeping towards Creation, but the day science even considers there is a God I will eat my pants that I've worn for a month without wiping my behind.

Hmmm...that's tempting irony a bit...

Better make it a fortnight. {:)
Thu 13/06/02 at 21:51
Regular
"I like cheese"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> But put it this way, I just can't see
> how we evolved so 'perfectly', especially if you believe in today's
> physics, which obviously most of you do.
>
> what is so perfect about us? All we have is decent sized brains and
> opposable thumbs.

Yeah, of course.

And then there's all the bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles, veins, cappilaries, organs among others that allow our bodies to perform a massive number of functions with ease. We don't even need to think about it.
Thu 13/06/02 at 21:48
Regular
Little Hobbo wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> I know this is again turning into a religious debate, and I respect
> everyones beliefs, but, If God exists, why did he create us in the
> form of monkeys first?
>
> He most definitely did not, that is one of the very first theories as
> to the existence of man, and it has somehow stuck. There are
> thousands of pieces of evidence disproving this which would fill a
> book. But I'm not going to write a book here, just give you a simple
> thought to chew on.
>
> 'If monkeys evolved into humans, why are all current monkeys not
> evolving. Why are there no half-evolved humans around. At the moment
> we have monkeys.......and we have humans, nothing in between'
>
> As I said that is one argument out of many, the amount of facts
> against this belief are so overwhelming that its a crime that they
> still teach it in schools.

That's like saying why hasn't all bacteria evolved into macroscopic beings?
Thu 13/06/02 at 18:40
which must mean that vanessa feltz is almost dead...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.