GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sonyphiles and their beloved Machine..........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/06/02 at 00:02
Regular
PS2.
Now what has the PS2 really and truly going for it now?
Metal Gear Substance Hmm?
Well possibly, that's if you don't have the truly excellent MGS2 though.
But then there is Devil May Cry 2, all those pointless Mario Clones that will never succeed in Bettering Mario Sunshine such as Ratchet and Clank, because lets face it Mario Sunshine WILL be good, great in fact, Miyamoto is on Full Time with this one.
But really, think about it now of any other release that is a genuine buy will also be on Gamecube and Xbox. And when that happens we get better visuals with the GC and Xbox so why bother with PS2 versions?
And its been done before- Burnout it is Visually Better on GC than it is on PS2. Like- oooh so many others.......
Which brings me onto the PS2 graphics, they are sub standard!
The Majority of Games are very washed out looking- GTA3 for one and most have Jagged Edges too, plus the Flickering is appalling in some games.
Face it Sonyphiles, out of the three consoles that is out there the PS2 is the worst in terms of Visuals. The best in Visuals has to be the Gamecube followed by the Xbox. Im not being biased either, but its what I have seen and witnessed and played on EACH system to form that opinion, I own each system and take a very un-biased approach to each, if a game looks crap or plays crap ill not be afraid to say to others that it is crap, full stop.

Then we have the PS2 Controller, which is quite frankly against the other three consoles ranking Number two next to the Mighty Comfortable Gamecube effort. Having Nintendo ideas welded onto the Dual Shock (And inside the Plastic thing) it still gets a little too un-comfortable, which is shocking given where the ideas come from, the left analogue stick is awkwardly placed- fidgety and a pain. And the Analogue buttons are useless.

But lets ask one thing...A beloved machine? yes by countless millions, is the mightey PS2!.
It is only in the position it is now due to its older brother and its older brother was only successful because of Nintendo.
It is loved and cherished for all the wrong reasons, many people out there who stick by it are just too biased, too darn built up with their own mystic fantasies of it that they refuse to sample the delights of any other system. These same people, which the majority are teens, not the Teens that Sony claim to be aiming for but Children! Little children and older children. They have all got it into their head that the PS2 is the best thing ever created, they are the same people who's first console was the PS and never owned a non-Sony console in their life, which makes them blinkered even further.
Nintendo on the other hand have an average age group of 23 who own Gamecube's, consider that. And the Nintendo players have a long history with the company.
Sonyphiles, open your eyes. Sample the delights that is out there that hasn't a Sony Logo on it. You see, what I think is that Sonyphiles are afraid to do that, afraid to sample other machines to spend hours and nights and days on the greats of the XBox and GC in case they are drawn from the Sickly Beloved PS2's and realising there is better out there...by a mile!.
Am I right?
Sat 15/06/02 at 15:29
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Turbonutter wrote:
>
> b) Game developers regularly push out all the stops for some consoles
> and all the others. Spiderman is better on the GC than tha PS2, and
> better on the Xbox than GC. This is because if theyw ere all teh same,
> they wouldn't sell as much, This is for it is, how it's been for years
> and how it'll always be. They'res till the same game though.

Geez the excuses, can you not accept that the PS2's graphics aren't as good as the GC's?
Sat 15/06/02 at 14:31
Regular
Turbonutter, you seem to be the one losing the argument here.

None of us are disputing the fact the Playstation 2 is a good console. All we're doing is defending Nintendo's console from your very misguided attempts at slating it.

You seem to be in the minority in this argument Turbonutter, and I wouldn't reccomend continuing with it because your points are pointless, some of them not true, and others completely stupid!

You've stated your opinion, and that's that. Why not quit now before someone fills the hole you've been digging yourself in.
Sat 15/06/02 at 12:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
½pint wrote:
> Turbonutter wrote:
> And it's still outperformed by the PlayStation 2...
>
> Don't believe me?
>
> Ask. I dare you. Make me prove it.
>
> That's funny. All decent PS2 conversions run one hell of a lot better
> on the GC. Or is that just developers 'not wanting to show off how
> amazing the PS2 is'. Whatever. You can't handle that the GC
> controller is better, you can't handle the GC can do better graphics
> and you can't handle that GC games are better.
>
> You need to get a firmer grip on life, boy. If you spend your time
> wallowing in your inferior console you'll end up one of those sad
> people playing with toy figures down at Games workshop.
>
> Who am I kidding, you probably already are one of them.

I'm not the one wetting myself because I'm losing an argument. I thought you were unbiased anyway?
Sat 15/06/02 at 12:54
Regular
"¬_¬"
Turbonutter wrote:
> AND, Wreckless: Yakuza Missions will have better graphics on the PS2
> than the Xbox. DO you understand my point now?

You've probably never even played the Xbox version. The graphics on that were sweet, and never possible on the PS2. If they were better on the PS2, I would eat myself. Not possible. HA HA HA!
Sat 15/06/02 at 12:52
Regular
"¬_¬"
Turbonutter wrote:
>
> Don't believe me?
>

That's funny. All decent PS2 conversions run one hell of a lot better on the GC. Or is that just developers 'not wanting to show off how amazing the PS2 is'. Whatever. You can't handle that the GC controller is better, you can't handle the GC can do better graphics and you can't handle that GC games are better.

You need to get a firmer grip on life, boy. If you spend your time wallowing in your inferior console you'll end up one of those sad people playing with toy figures down at Games workshop.

Who am I kidding, you probably already are one of them.
Sat 15/06/02 at 12:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
a) Acclaim are lazy. The PS2 could easily handle 4-player with XG3 - so many other games have done it, with better graphics too.

b) Game developers regularly push out all the stops for some consoles and all the others. Spiderman is better on the GC than tha PS2, and better on the Xbox than GC. This is because if theyw ere all teh same, they wouldn't sell as much, This is for it is, how it's been for years and how it'll always be. They'res till the same game though.

AND, Wreckless: Yakuza Missions will have better graphics on the PS2 than the Xbox. DO you understand my point now?
Sat 15/06/02 at 12:28
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
I think you'll find a lot more than 2 converted games that are better looking on the GC. A LOT more!
Another game is Agent under fire, on GC the game looks amazing.
As for XG3 on GC, it is a lot smoother and crisper than the PS2 version not just having a superior 4 player mode.
Sat 15/06/02 at 12:12
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
>
> Don't believe me?
>

In some cases the Playstation 2 outperforms GameCube, in others it's the other way around, two games for example:

Spiderman The Movie and Extreme G3.

G-Force Magazine, and I'm sure a few members on here, have stated that Spiderman The Movie is much quicker and has better graphics on the GameCube than the Playstation 2.

Unless I've been told wrong, The Playstation 2 version of Extreme G 3 can't handle the four player mode that is featured in the GameCube version.

Those are two cases I know of where the GameCube out performs the Playstation 2.

The fact of the matter is, both the Playstation 2 (though I hate to admit it) and the GameCube are briliant consoles. Each one has it's good points, and each has it's faults. So what the GameCube was released later, there were still games for the N64 coming out for the majority of the GameCube's development time, so Nintendo aren't going to rush out a release - unlike Sony who couldn't supply enough Playstation 2s to the heavy demand in the UK. It was a few months atleast before you could just walk into a shop and pick one up (except in Tescos I believe).
Sat 15/06/02 at 11:31
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
*loses will to live*
Sat 15/06/02 at 01:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
And it's still outperformed by the PlayStation 2...

Don't believe me?

Ask. I dare you. Make me prove it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.