GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ways To Make Freeola Chat Popular:"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/08/06 at 13:55
"possibly impossible"
1) Flood the search engines with adverts for 'free £30 Amazon voucher' for any search. Even fish.

2) Send people round the streets with big billboards on them saying 'the end of the world is nigh...but you could win £30 of vouchers with Freeola Chat'

3) Put up billboard posters on every bus stop in the country while no-one is looking.

4) Give out T-shirts to current members saying 'CHAT.FREEOLA.COM FREE £30 VOUCHER' in big letters and order them to wear it at least once a week. (those who wear it every day will get a free deodorant spray)

5) Create a furry mascot advertising the site and do a deal with McDonalds to give it away in a Happy Meal.

6) Hire a zepplin and write 'FREEOLA CHAT WIN A £30 VOUCHER' on it, then fly it around the UK.

7) Phone in to Radio 1 and local radio stations to enter every competition, then blurt out the website live on the radio.

8) Hire a streaker to run across various sporting events with the website tattooed on them somewhere on their body.
Thu 24/08/06 at 16:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea they should bring back the reviews, i don't understand why they haven't when a while ago they said they were going to try to appeal to the gamers. Well then why not get the reviews going and alot more gaming chat if that's the case
Thu 24/08/06 at 15:37
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I think bringing back the reviews section is the answer. It's the only way I ever won Gameaday. It's a lot of effort to do a proper walkthrough, and if you don't win then it's been a giant waste of time. Cheats, well, I can't even be bothered with that.

I don't think it really matters a great deal that Freeola don't sell games like SR did. We can still review them, it'll just be a little less structured I'd imagine. We don't have to be restricted to games either. We could review movies and music as well.

The re-introduction of reviews will definitely help to increase the daily post count. It was the reviews that first got me interested in coming here in the first place. "Oohhh, a free game for an hour's admittedly enjoyable work. Not bad" The forums were something I discovered afterwards.

Something clearly needs to be done, because it's very quiet around here, and to be honest, boring.
Thu 24/08/06 at 15:02
Regular
Some nice suggestions :D

I think the chat fora are popular, it's just only a fraction of the people who lurk actually post. In the past when the fora got 2000 posts a day, you could only win GADs through chatposts and reviews (right?) I only remember ForestFan winning a GAD for cheats and even then he had to enter in 300+. Now most GADs go to cheats and webmasters, which might be one of the reasons why people are losing interest in winning GADs as it was chatposts and reviews that were most popular in the past.

Unfortunately if Freeola don't try and help the forums more they'll probably end up closing it due to lack of interest and just focus on cheats and walkthroughs. I and a few others have encourage more people to come back to Freeola which has helped a lot. However we can't keep this up forever, I've already given these forums 6 and 1/2 years of my life which is why I didn't give up on them like the other 100 odd regulars.

One of my suggestions was to cut the number of required mods for new forums (stands at 3 at the moment) and the reintroduction of a review section. This would have to be done as a forum though, and ideally similiar to the way the Games forum is designed. You would be able to post reviews of... Video Games, DVDs, Movies (Cinema), PC Periperhals, Electronics (Digital Cameras, mp3s) and 1 GAD a week would be awarded for Reviews. People like writing and reading reviews, they are extremely useful and Google is more likely to pick them up than a thread about how the weather is so bad this August. ;P

Oh and an "out of 5" star feature would be pretty sweet if they were able to add that too.

Okay that's my suggestion :D
Thu 24/08/06 at 13:55
"possibly impossible"
1) Flood the search engines with adverts for 'free £30 Amazon voucher' for any search. Even fish.

2) Send people round the streets with big billboards on them saying 'the end of the world is nigh...but you could win £30 of vouchers with Freeola Chat'

3) Put up billboard posters on every bus stop in the country while no-one is looking.

4) Give out T-shirts to current members saying 'CHAT.FREEOLA.COM FREE £30 VOUCHER' in big letters and order them to wear it at least once a week. (those who wear it every day will get a free deodorant spray)

5) Create a furry mascot advertising the site and do a deal with McDonalds to give it away in a Happy Meal.

6) Hire a zepplin and write 'FREEOLA CHAT WIN A £30 VOUCHER' on it, then fly it around the UK.

7) Phone in to Radio 1 and local radio stations to enter every competition, then blurt out the website live on the radio.

8) Hire a streaker to run across various sporting events with the website tattooed on them somewhere on their body.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.