GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ways To Make Freeola Chat Popular:"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/08/06 at 13:55
"possibly impossible"
1) Flood the search engines with adverts for 'free £30 Amazon voucher' for any search. Even fish.

2) Send people round the streets with big billboards on them saying 'the end of the world is nigh...but you could win £30 of vouchers with Freeola Chat'

3) Put up billboard posters on every bus stop in the country while no-one is looking.

4) Give out T-shirts to current members saying 'CHAT.FREEOLA.COM FREE £30 VOUCHER' in big letters and order them to wear it at least once a week. (those who wear it every day will get a free deodorant spray)

5) Create a furry mascot advertising the site and do a deal with McDonalds to give it away in a Happy Meal.

6) Hire a zepplin and write 'FREEOLA CHAT WIN A £30 VOUCHER' on it, then fly it around the UK.

7) Phone in to Radio 1 and local radio stations to enter every competition, then blurt out the website live on the radio.

8) Hire a streaker to run across various sporting events with the website tattooed on them somewhere on their body.
Fri 25/08/06 at 23:11
Regular
"Captain to you."
I agree with the reviews coming back as personally it's one of the things i enjoy writing most.

But i disagree that it should be a forum section, this would just mean older reviews getting buried as there wouldn't really be much of a discussion going on and would't really make it popular from a posting point of view, it should get a section like walkthroughs with a search feature.

I doubt very much that many of the lurkers will ever post SR had a bunch of them that probably never interacted. I think moving on to getting new members would be the key. It's all very well getting people to visit the forums but getting them to stay is the main problem. Currently there isn't much discussion really going on.

It's all about the threads that get started, you'll either get one that gets hundreds of replies because people are interested pr you will get less than 20 because it simply isn't something people are interested in.

You can tell from the front pages that Machie has put the effort in to try to strike up several threads, but unfortunately one person can't make the forum work and requires other regular members to put a bit of effort in.
Fri 25/08/06 at 22:03
Regular
I didn't say everyone.
Fri 25/08/06 at 21:53
Regular
Machie wrote:
I've already given
> these forums 6 and 1/2 years of my life which is why I didn't
> give up on them like the other 100 odd regulars.

We're not all deserters ¬_¬
Fri 25/08/06 at 15:38
Regular
I doubt they'll go that far, I'm just hoping they'll give us a response. If you're a staffie and reading this, please can we have feedback on the suggestion please?
Fri 25/08/06 at 14:57
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm all for the review section to be brought back and maybe Freeola should start selling games to compliment it?
Thu 24/08/06 at 19:27
Regular
Glad to see people agree with the review forum idea, lets see if we can get it set up the :^)
Thu 24/08/06 at 19:09
Regular
oh sorry, I thought you were taking a dig at me for using a handbag, it's the latest fashion, I dont go anywhere without my manbag :)
Thu 24/08/06 at 19:03
Regular
"You've upset me"
Spot the smiley Mach.
Thu 24/08/06 at 19:02
Regular
riiiiight
Thu 24/08/06 at 18:58
Regular
"You've upset me"
Machie wrote:
which is why I didn't
> give up on them like the other 100 odd regulars.

Oooo. Handbags :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.