GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ways To Make Freeola Chat Popular:"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/08/06 at 13:55
"possibly impossible"
1) Flood the search engines with adverts for 'free £30 Amazon voucher' for any search. Even fish.

2) Send people round the streets with big billboards on them saying 'the end of the world is nigh...but you could win £30 of vouchers with Freeola Chat'

3) Put up billboard posters on every bus stop in the country while no-one is looking.

4) Give out T-shirts to current members saying 'CHAT.FREEOLA.COM FREE £30 VOUCHER' in big letters and order them to wear it at least once a week. (those who wear it every day will get a free deodorant spray)

5) Create a furry mascot advertising the site and do a deal with McDonalds to give it away in a Happy Meal.

6) Hire a zepplin and write 'FREEOLA CHAT WIN A £30 VOUCHER' on it, then fly it around the UK.

7) Phone in to Radio 1 and local radio stations to enter every competition, then blurt out the website live on the radio.

8) Hire a streaker to run across various sporting events with the website tattooed on them somewhere on their body.
Sun 27/08/06 at 22:28
"possibly impossible"
True. It needs to be something different and defined...
Sun 27/08/06 at 22:28
Regular
As long as you dont mind having the reviews spread over 5 forums, you could put mobile phone and mp3 player reviews in the [B]Movies and TV[/B] forum. Graphic Cards and DVD Writer reviews in the Web Development forum and Digital Camera reviews in the [B]Creative Writing & Design[/B] forum.

Sounds confusing though.
Sun 27/08/06 at 21:33
Regular
"The definitive tag"
That's what the games forum is for. If we're going to have it in forum form, then we might as well not bother and just use the ones we've got.
Sun 27/08/06 at 19:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I dunno, i prefer the forum idea as that way people can give feedback and their opinions on a game whereas maybe they can't be bothered to do a full review but still want to talk about it
Sun 27/08/06 at 18:21
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'd rather we had a section similar to the cheat and walkthrough sections. I don't fancy the idea of a forum for reviews.
Sat 26/08/06 at 23:03
"possibly impossible"
Wow, so many replies from a semi-tongue in cheek topic!

I think that there is another way to look at this reviews thing. A few have asked 'what's in it for freeola?' (bar the obvious attracting people to the site and thus to their webhosting etc). Well, perhaps the reviews don't need to go in a forum. Perhaps they need a whole new section.

What I mean is, Freeola would do well to supply games news. Maybe as a weekly opt-in newsletter and a single page on their website. Then they would simply list new games on each format (maybe with the formats split as in the cheats and FAQs sections here) and people could post reviews underneath. It would be similar to the old SR style system but would be based around current news-based gaming sites.

Why? Well, look at the traffic on Gamespot and IGN. These are the two main gaming news sites and get tons of traffic per day. Add more links to paying customer sites and Freeola has some more revenue coming in, plus they get some more customers of their own if the web hosting is plastered around the site.

Ok, it means more staff dedicated to gaming (again), but I can't see where it would go wrong if you used word-of-mouth and had good game reviews.
Sat 26/08/06 at 16:03
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Machie wrote:
> Ah that's good to know ST :) you did many reviews on SR?

Yup I did a fair few, definitely improved as I went and picked up a nice amount GADs. :-)
Sat 26/08/06 at 16:00
Regular
Silent Thunder wrote:
> A review forum sounds like a good idea to me: it'd definitely get
> me, and I'm sure others, contributing more.

Ah that's good to know ST :) you did many reviews on SR? I only ever did 3 but was lucky enough to win 2 GADs. Some real skill involved writing a good review.
Sat 26/08/06 at 15:58
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
A review forum sounds like a good idea to me: it'd definitely get me, and I'm sure others, contributing more.
Sat 26/08/06 at 15:55
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> I only gave Enthusia Racing 6/10 and was pretty harsh on it yet
> still won so i think it was more about the quality of the review
> than the score, or the fact i bribed the staffie with chocolate
> cake at that time

Enthusia Racing was a great game, what are you talking about :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.