GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ways To Make Freeola Chat Popular:"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/08/06 at 13:55
"possibly impossible"
1) Flood the search engines with adverts for 'free £30 Amazon voucher' for any search. Even fish.

2) Send people round the streets with big billboards on them saying 'the end of the world is nigh...but you could win £30 of vouchers with Freeola Chat'

3) Put up billboard posters on every bus stop in the country while no-one is looking.

4) Give out T-shirts to current members saying 'CHAT.FREEOLA.COM FREE £30 VOUCHER' in big letters and order them to wear it at least once a week. (those who wear it every day will get a free deodorant spray)

5) Create a furry mascot advertising the site and do a deal with McDonalds to give it away in a Happy Meal.

6) Hire a zepplin and write 'FREEOLA CHAT WIN A £30 VOUCHER' on it, then fly it around the UK.

7) Phone in to Radio 1 and local radio stations to enter every competition, then blurt out the website live on the radio.

8) Hire a streaker to run across various sporting events with the website tattooed on them somewhere on their body.
Wed 20/09/06 at 10:07
Regular
I have a great idea :D, it came to me in a dream. A secret forum that you can only view after posting a certain number of posts each month, like 100. We can use it to talk about Sleepy and hippyman ;)

So yeah another secret forum just like the new Mods Only Forum we have at the moment, that the normal regulars don't know about... oops ;D
Tue 12/09/06 at 12:57
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Tony wrote:
> pb wrote:

> 2) Send people round the streets with big billboards on them
> saying 'the end of the world is nigh...but you could win
> £30 of vouchers with Freeola Chat'
>
> UNFORTUNATELY THEY WOULD NOT JOIN IN BECAUSE THE END OF THE
> WORLD IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN BEFORE THEY RECEIVE THEIR VOUCHERS

Round here they have people carrying these for sale type signs advertising shops etc, maybe that would be better? :D

> 3) Put up billboard posters on every bus stop in the country
> while no-one is looking.
>
> WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BUS FARE TO DO THIS AND EVERY TIME THE BUS
> STOPS WE WOULD HAVE TO GET OFF (TO POST THE POSTER) AND THEN
> WAIT AGES FOR THE NEXT BUS. ESTIMATED TIME TAKEN 560 YEARS.
> ESTIMATED COST OF BUS FARES £9.35 MILLION.

You've underestimated doing round where I live - it's more like £15M and 750 years.

> 4) Give out T-shirts to current members saying
> 'CHAT.FREEOLA.COM
> FREE £30 VOUCHER' in big letters and order them to wear
> it
> at least once a week. (those who wear it every day will get a
> free deodorant spray)
>
> OUR MEMBERS DON'T GET ENOUGH EXERCISE TO LOOK GOOD IN T-SHIRTS,
> AND WOULD NOT WANT TO RUN AWAY EVERY TIME SOMEBODY CAME UP TO
> THEM ASKING FOR A VOUCHER.

Yep I fall into that category.

> 6) Hire a zepplin and write 'FREEOLA CHAT WIN A £30
> VOUCHER' on it, then fly it around the UK.
>
> THE ZEPPELIN BLEW UP - DIDN'T YOU HEAR?

Now I really can't let this go without saying 1 word - DRINGO!
Tue 12/09/06 at 09:23
"possibly impossible"
Tony made my head ache with all his shouting.

I'm going to have to sit in a dark corner now...
Tue 12/09/06 at 09:04
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I think we stumbled on one answer yesterday......
Mon 11/09/06 at 16:56
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
pb wrote:
> 1) Flood the search engines with adverts for 'free £30
> Amazon voucher' for any search. Even fish.

ONLY EBAY IS ALLOWED TO DO THIS
>
> 2) Send people round the streets with big billboards on them
> saying 'the end of the world is nigh...but you could win
> £30 of vouchers with Freeola Chat'

UNFORTUNATELY THEY WOULD NOT JOIN IN BECAUSE THE END OF THE WORLD IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN BEFORE THEY RECEIVE THEIR VOUCHERS
>
> 3) Put up billboard posters on every bus stop in the country
> while no-one is looking.

WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BUS FARE TO DO THIS AND EVERY TIME THE BUS STOPS WE WOULD HAVE TO GET OFF (TO POST THE POSTER) AND THEN WAIT AGES FOR THE NEXT BUS. ESTIMATED TIME TAKEN 560 YEARS. ESTIMATED COST OF BUS FARES £9.35 MILLION.
>
> 4) Give out T-shirts to current members saying 'CHAT.FREEOLA.COM
> FREE £30 VOUCHER' in big letters and order them to wear it
> at least once a week. (those who wear it every day will get a
> free deodorant spray)

OUR MEMBERS DON'T GET ENOUGH EXERCISE TO LOOK GOOD IN T-SHIRTS, AND WOULD NOT WANT TO RUN AWAY EVERY TIME SOMEBODY CAME UP TO THEM ASKING FOR A VOUCHER.
>
> 5) Create a furry mascot advertising the site and do a deal with
> McDonalds to give it away in a Happy Meal.

WE DON'T SUPPORT LITTER
>
> 6) Hire a zepplin and write 'FREEOLA CHAT WIN A £30
> VOUCHER' on it, then fly it around the UK.

THE ZEPPELIN BLEW UP - DIDN'T YOU HEAR?
>
> 7) Phone in to Radio 1 and local radio stations to enter every
> competition, then blurt out the website live on the radio.

THEY RUN 5 MINUTES BEHIND LIVE SO THAT THEY CAN CUT THIS TYPE OF THING OUT, AND WE DON'T KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THE COMPETITIONS.
>
> 8) Hire a streaker to run across various sporting events with
> the website tattooed on them somewhere on their body.

GOOD IDEA. THERE MIGHT BE A PROBLEM WITH THE POLICE THOUGH. ESPECIALLY USEFUL FOR PROMOTING OUR NEW PARENTAL CONTROL SOFTWARE WHEN WE LAUNCH IT.
Fri 01/09/06 at 09:04
"Are you sure?"
tnc wrote:
> It's a testament to the forum's unpopularity in that there hasn't
> been one of those 'Get Rich Quick' spam threads in a while.

I think you'll find this is due to Freeola tightening up their sign-up process, which stops the spammers from being able to post so easily.
Fri 01/09/06 at 01:10
Regular
It's a testament to the forum's unpopularity in that there hasn't been one of those 'Get Rich Quick' spam threads in a while.
Thu 31/08/06 at 16:05
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Nobody will wear that t-shirt.
Thu 31/08/06 at 15:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
The only problem with the t-shirt idea is that it would have to have to look good enough to wear and not just to chuck in a draw.

Maybe if it was introduced, have a prize once a month for the best photo of someone wearing the t-shirt in public, this would encourage some people at least to wear it out and about.
Thu 31/08/06 at 13:32
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Heres my suggestion:

Runs on the same lines of pb's suggestion of a free t-shrit but freeola only send out free t-shirts to current members of the forum who have won a gameaday and the t-shirt shall read "I've won one can you?" on the front and on the back "Freeola.com Gameday £30 voucher" so aslong as your not wearing a coat to cover up the back people in the street will be intruiged.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.