GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox outselling GC, but who cares when..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/06/02 at 21:51
Regular
...the Ps2 is still outselling the combined sales of the GC and Xbox by over 5 fold! (In Japan at least).

Sales for the week May 27th-June 2nd in Japan:

PS2: 60,000
GBA: 36,200
PS1: 7,900
Xbox: 5,700
GC: 5,400

Sonic
Tue 25/06/02 at 21:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I don't care wether a console has DVD player or not, like I said, I don't need it, but for some its a bonus. What I don't get is Ninties screaming an excuse for the GC not having one. Yes you can import the other Cube - but one, its expensive, you might as well just buy a DVD player seperate and two, theres all the stuff you need to run it over here which adds even more on top for a lot of people.

The PS2 DVD player isn't too wonderful but it is 2 years old. The X-Box DVD player is really good and I don't see companies moaning about how difficult it is to develop games for the console. In fact, a lot of developers have said that making games for the X-Box is very easy and lets them do things with their games that they can't do with other consoles.

I'm not saying anything like "hur, hur, the GC hasn't got a DVD player", what I'm saying is that I don't understand how Ninties feel like they have to make an excuse for it. Not having a DVD player isn't going to add more in gameplay or anything, so theres little point in crowing about a point like that.
Tue 25/06/02 at 18:48
Regular
savatt1668 wrote:
> And whats all this "Its purely for gaming" crap ? Sounds
> like an excuse for the console not having a DVD playing capability.
>

It was intentionally designed just for games and it's more developer friendly because of it. Thats the reason, don't bother trying to argue 'cause frankly I don't want to hear any crappy coments regarding the lack of a DVD playe ron the Cube. It's not even a valid argument, you can jut import a Q-Cube if you want one so much, at least that has a proper, decent DVD player.
Tue 25/06/02 at 14:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
And whats all this "Its purely for gaming" crap ? Sounds like an excuse for the console not having a DVD playing capability.

I mean I don't need the DVD player part of the X-Box, but its a nice bonus to have on the machine. The GC lacking a DVD player doesn't make it a better console.
Tue 25/06/02 at 12:33
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Here we go again, another fan boy, another console which is the bestest in the world. When will it end?
Tue 25/06/02 at 12:26
Regular
"innocent"
game cube is better than, ps2 and xbox -

1) the controller is better
2) the size is better
3) the load times are soooooooo much better than the ps2
4) its purley for GAMING
5) the graphics are better than the ps2, and it has better games than the x-box
6) - it costs ythe least
7) nintendo make the best games around
8) the line up for futur games is far more impressive than any other console!
AND IT HAS MARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mon 24/06/02 at 22:14
This seems pointless at the moment cause the GC is still to new to know what the true sales figgeres are in the uk though i hear it was around 50,000 presales and that i can understand
Mon 24/06/02 at 21:58
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Or†ega wrote:
> Am I still right in thinking the Japs use the PS2 as a first choice
> DVD player?

Nope.. the ratio has picked up... I think the figures turned when MGS2 came out oddly enough..
Mon 24/06/02 at 21:40
Regular
Its all cool, GC sales went up to 15,000 the week after when Ninty did the price cut.
Mon 24/06/02 at 21:37
Regular
who cares about the japanese?
have you seen the games they play??
Mon 10/06/02 at 01:37
Regular
"everyone says it"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> The Xbox isn't outselling the GameCube anywhere.
>
> Topic title is wrong.
>
> :P
>
>
>
> still living in denial;)

No.

*looks across to YH*

SHUDDAP!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.