GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Pinnacle of Poor Customer Service"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/06/02 at 13:40
Regular
Microsoft, who else.

Here is an exerpt of my telephone conversation with them earlier:

Me > Hi, I'm just calling to check progress of my reward pack

Them > Serial Number Please

* Messed around getting serial number *

Me > Tell them serial number

Them > How long has it been?

Me > A month now

Them > Well it's not on the system yet

Me > What does that mean?

Them > It means your order hasn't been processed yet

Me > Hung up

Now, to me, that is terrible. I understand that there is a 'two week' backlog, but not even putting an order on the system after a month is just disgraceful. This means, after calling back, that it will take (minimum) another 3 weeks. So overall, I will have been waiting the best part of two months (minimum) to get the big thankyou from Microsoft. Thanks a lot.
Wed 05/06/02 at 23:40
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Someone has told me that if you press option one, you get Dublin. And if you press option 5 you get Texas.

Hmm...Strange.
Wed 05/06/02 at 21:40
the person who I was onto sounded like Grayham Norton
Wed 05/06/02 at 18:34
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Hur hur hur.

I found out why my games haven't arrived yet! Hur hur!

After ringing for the second time, I finally found out why my games hadn't arrived after 36 days. When I rang up and gave my detail, it was nice to find out that "there was a problem with my address details on my claim form". I should think that I should be in perfect position to know where I live!

Anyway, she asked for my details to make sure it was me. When I got to saying "West Midlands" she stopped me. "This is the problem". On her drop down list on the computer, there was no such county of West Midlands, and she had never heard of it (although I don't blame her, she sounded american). So, I was put on hold again while she asked her superviser, who gave her permisson to add the west midlands to the drop down list. My pack will now be sent but "I can't tell when you'll get it" so, basically it'll be a while.

The annoying thing is, I had rang them at the end of may, when they said I would get it around this date. But, when I asked about this, it was because they had recieved the pack, but hadn't got around to entering the details yet. So, the problem had not been found.

So now, I begin my wait again. I should hope they don't put me at the back of the queue. But really, a company like microsoft should know about the countys in a country that they're selling consoles to.

I resisted a joke about restarting the computer a few times until in loaded it, or downloading a service pack from Microsoft.com as I thought it wouldn't help anything. Damn tempting though.

Hur hur hur. I should be angry, but I'm not. I just find it funny how stupid microsoft are. And I get the impression that the support line isn't in the UK...They're all american!

----

P.S I chose PGR and Amped. Two games that I would have bought anyway.
Wed 05/06/02 at 15:23
yea I will like them I found Amped hard at first then easy
Wed 05/06/02 at 14:41
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Silent85 wrote:
> actually 2 games on my wanted list are on there way
> Amped and Oddworld

My housemate had both of those games.
-Amped we got bored with cos it got too hard. Don't get me wrong, i like a challenge as much as the next bloke but sometimes games get so hard that when your doing tasks over and over again, you think to yourself, "This just isn't fun any more."
-Oddworld is okay if you like that sort of thing. In my opinion it lacks the charm of Abe's Odysee, etc...

Thats just my lowly opinion though. I hope you enjoy your games Silent... thats if you get them! At the rate MS are going Amped 2 (if such a game is planned!) will be out before they send them to you... :)

Still, there's hope for you yet mate. If i remember correctly you've got a PS2 as well? Have you got FFX yet?
Wed 05/06/02 at 14:35
actually 2 games on my wanted list are on there way

Amped and Oddworld
Wed 05/06/02 at 14:30
Regular
"cant think of one.."
I very much agree with Franny that the quality of MS's customer service even makes NTL (cable firm) look impressive!

I don't understand why some of you believe MS are being so nice and kind to you by them giving you 2 games and a controller/DVD remote? After such an early price drop it's the least you all deserve. Plus, how many people can honestly say that the 2 games they are chosing are games they were thinking about buying? The only truly brilliant game is halo and you probably all had that already didn't you?

If you asked me, Microsoft should have sent out cheques. That way they could have sent them out quicker and easier. Even if the cheque was only for £70 or £80, it still would be better than a controller and two games which you have chosen 'just for the sake of it!'
Wed 05/06/02 at 14:12
oh well two games and a controller aint bad :)
Wed 05/06/02 at 14:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I called them this morning about my package. As far as I've been told, its due by June 8th. They had my postcode down wrong which I had to help them with. I then asked about the option of 3 games instead of the extra controller as I already have 4 and straight away I was told "Sorry - your order is on the system now and can't be changed."

Of course I am grateful for what I'm getting, but I still felt like I'd been, I dunno, shoved aside.
Wed 05/06/02 at 14:02
I rang them up I have no problems I have sent another form off just as a reassurance mesure

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.