GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Pinnacle of Poor Customer Service"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/06/02 at 13:40
Regular
Microsoft, who else.

Here is an exerpt of my telephone conversation with them earlier:

Me > Hi, I'm just calling to check progress of my reward pack

Them > Serial Number Please

* Messed around getting serial number *

Me > Tell them serial number

Them > How long has it been?

Me > A month now

Them > Well it's not on the system yet

Me > What does that mean?

Them > It means your order hasn't been processed yet

Me > Hung up

Now, to me, that is terrible. I understand that there is a 'two week' backlog, but not even putting an order on the system after a month is just disgraceful. This means, after calling back, that it will take (minimum) another 3 weeks. So overall, I will have been waiting the best part of two months (minimum) to get the big thankyou from Microsoft. Thanks a lot.
Tue 11/06/02 at 23:38
lucky git I am gonna complain tommorow so I can get one lol
Tue 11/06/02 at 21:50
Regular
Ye, I got my DVD Playback kit last week so the games should come this week, if not there will be trouble.
Tue 11/06/02 at 21:45
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
SR have Crash in stock, so they will probably send it off to you so it arrives on Friday.
Tue 11/06/02 at 21:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
My package was supposedly suppost to arrive on the 8th June. Of course like a muppet I sat indoors waiting for it to arrive and as seems to be the case with pretty much everyone else, nothing came. Even now I'm still waiting. Crash is in Game now but I don't know if SR have it in yet, hope they get it in soon, I was able to change my GAD back to Crash.
Tue 11/06/02 at 20:53
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Have you recieved your DVD kit yet?

It's just I asked the guy on the phone about this rumour out of curiosity, and he said he didn't know it, and had never heard of it.

So, unless you have it now, there might not be much chance of you getting that either.
Tue 11/06/02 at 20:43
Regular
That is so unfare! When my mom rang them they said " can't speed reward pack up but we will send another one out ". For compensation I received a DVD playback kit but it does not make up for the 60 days in which I have waited. I am yet to play Halo and RalliSport and I have held back due to a promise that I would receive them within 28 days! The guy on the phone said the package will arrive on June 14th at the latest otherwise ring back. This will be our 4th phone call if it doesn't come and the service they have given is nothing short of disgraceful! My mom is ringing watchdog and the press if they do not come this friday so they have 3 days to make it right! It is becoming one big joke and they have promised things that they can not deliver!
Tue 11/06/02 at 19:46
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Yesterday, I rang up and complained like mad. This was because I had been waiting 42 days, so was getting slightly annoyed.

After arguing with the person (no rage, no raised voices, just questioning their reasoning) for about 15 minutes, I agreed that I would phone up again in a week. About an hour after putting the phone down, I recieved an email saying my reward pack had been shipped on 10th June (the same day).

So seeing as the person had said my claim hadn't even been processed yet (It had been proceesed once, but they screwed up my address, so had to change it on the system), I assume the claim was pushed to the front after I had finished speaking to them.

I recieved the pack today, by next day delivery. Maybe it pays to complain.
Tue 11/06/02 at 15:40
my reciept is in the post at last and I dont care what games they give me to be honest as I will play them all :)
Tue 11/06/02 at 13:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Goto www.xbox.com and select our country. You should see the info about the reward pack on the right hand side of the page with an 0800 number. This is the number you want.
Tue 11/06/02 at 12:30
Regular
can any1 tell me the phone number so i can complain about my reward pack which i just received only to find i didnt get what i asked4...wait a fookin month, and now more stress!, i would of preffered gift vouchers meself...grrr

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.