GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Pinnacle of Poor Customer Service"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/06/02 at 13:40
Regular
Microsoft, who else.

Here is an exerpt of my telephone conversation with them earlier:

Me > Hi, I'm just calling to check progress of my reward pack

Them > Serial Number Please

* Messed around getting serial number *

Me > Tell them serial number

Them > How long has it been?

Me > A month now

Them > Well it's not on the system yet

Me > What does that mean?

Them > It means your order hasn't been processed yet

Me > Hung up

Now, to me, that is terrible. I understand that there is a 'two week' backlog, but not even putting an order on the system after a month is just disgraceful. This means, after calling back, that it will take (minimum) another 3 weeks. So overall, I will have been waiting the best part of two months (minimum) to get the big thankyou from Microsoft. Thanks a lot.
Mon 03/06/02 at 13:40
Microsoft, who else.

Here is an exerpt of my telephone conversation with them earlier:

Me > Hi, I'm just calling to check progress of my reward pack

Them > Serial Number Please

* Messed around getting serial number *

Me > Tell them serial number

Them > How long has it been?

Me > A month now

Them > Well it's not on the system yet

Me > What does that mean?

Them > It means your order hasn't been processed yet

Me > Hung up

Now, to me, that is terrible. I understand that there is a 'two week' backlog, but not even putting an order on the system after a month is just disgraceful. This means, after calling back, that it will take (minimum) another 3 weeks. So overall, I will have been waiting the best part of two months (minimum) to get the big thankyou from Microsoft. Thanks a lot.
Mon 03/06/02 at 13:57
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Are you a girl? Because of your name? Or am i being really rood?
Mon 03/06/02 at 14:01
I'm a bloke! However the name is a long story.......
Mon 03/06/02 at 14:48
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
ok screw the name sorry but really who cares, maybe make a topic about how you got the name.

anyway losing the plot a bit, has anyway actualy had there pack through (including you savatt you rquested one yet?)
Mon 03/06/02 at 19:20
"slightlyshortertagl"
> Them It means your order hasn't been processed yet
>
> Me Hung up

That's a kinda stupid thing to do.. isnt it?
Mon 03/06/02 at 19:26
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Yeh you could have scabbed a couple of games.
Mon 03/06/02 at 19:38
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
> Them It means your order hasn't been processed yet
>
> Me Hung up

That's a very stupid thing to do! Having a tantrum won't get you anywhere. If the pack hasn't reached them after a month, there is likly to be a problem, something that needs to be sorted out.

I found the customer service very good. Sure, it hasn't reached me yet, but when I rang up, they asked for my details. They said that it was on the system, and in the queue to be sent out. Then, when I said "Ok Thanks" the person couldn't appologise enough! Giving several reasons why it was late, and asking me not to think this is how they always treat their customers (not to lose faith). So I'm just going to wait until the date they said has elapsed (7th June) then ring again.

Afterall, it's two free games and a free controller!
Mon 03/06/02 at 20:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
No Res, my pack hasn't arrived yet. :-( Guess I'll call them tomorrow and start arranging disappearances......Unless of course they throw more free games at the problem. ;-)))
Tue 04/06/02 at 09:30
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Oh dear Franny, no reward pack for you!
Wed 05/06/02 at 12:16
Is there anyway I can get a dvd remote aswell as the 2 games

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.