GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"StarFox Name Change (for Europe anyway)"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/06/02 at 19:35
Regular
Been confirmed by Nintendo. StarFox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet is to be called Lylat Wars Adventures: Dinosaur Planet.
Sun 02/06/02 at 20:15
Regular
Oh I see, good job they don't use them anymore then :)
Sun 02/06/02 at 19:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Sibs wrote:
> I think it's to do with copyright issues... I think someone owns the
> UK copyright for StarFox...
>
> Well, Ninty released Starfox on the SNES alright...

Oh yeah... that was StarWing that the copyright is held for...

oops... ah well. Who knows... Ninty works in strange ways...
Sun 02/06/02 at 19:40
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Ah, but Whitestripes (good name btw), THE games delayed the launch of Starfox over here just to change the name, and get the boxes reprinted. There was no need!
Sun 02/06/02 at 18:53
Regular
Oh and another ting, you may remember that in Lylat Wars on the N64, the general (can't remember his name now) still called them Starfox. Its perfectly fine for them to use the word Starfox in the game, its just that the product itself cannot be *called* Starfox.
Sun 02/06/02 at 18:50
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:

>
> And why are Nintendo going down the same road? It's pointless, will
> take some extra time to change all the references to
> "Starfox" in the game, and actually sounds worse anyway.
>
> What a complete waste of time.

What you mean, to change the name on the box and the title on the main screen? I doubt there will be many references to Starfox in the game, and besides, the galaxy (or whatever) is called the Lylat System; so it may be mentioned anyway.
Sun 02/06/02 at 18:48
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Sibs wrote:
> I think it's to do with copyright issues... I think someone owns the
> UK copyright for StarFox...

Well, Ninty released Starfox on the SNES alright...
Sun 02/06/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I think it's to do with copyright issues... I think someone owns the UK copyright for StarFox...
Sun 02/06/02 at 15:52
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
You know, one of the biggest critisms of THE games (Ninty's old UK games distributer) was that they delayed Starfox 64 for ages just so that they could get the game changed to "Lylat Wars". Why?

And why are Nintendo going down the same road? It's pointless, will take some extra time to change all the references to "Starfox" in the game, and actually sounds worse anyway.

What a complete waste of time.
Sun 02/06/02 at 15:46
Regular
They (STARfox) have battles with STARwolf innit?

So i guess they could call it STARwars....or maybe not :)
Sun 02/06/02 at 11:01
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I reckon 'Adventures Of the Fox from the Stars and his frog and bunny rabbit friends'

Actually, that sounds pretty crap :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.