GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"StarFox Name Change (for Europe anyway)"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/06/02 at 19:35
Regular
Been confirmed by Nintendo. StarFox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet is to be called Lylat Wars Adventures: Dinosaur Planet.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:55
who cares for what ever reason even if its called mangey mutt wars
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:48
"+ suspicious minds"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Ah, but Whitestripes (good name btw), THE games delayed the launch of
> Starfox over here just to change the name, and get the boxes
> reprinted. There was no need!

there obvoiusly was a need, do you think nintendo are stupid enough to delay a game just to get the boxes reprinted for no reason? the name starfox and starwing were copywrited, so they HAD tomchange the name. as many people have already said here.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:12
Whitestripes wrote:
> What has happened to us? Why are we talking about this? I don't care
> if its called 'Foxy Woxy's Super Duper Adventure in Mega Happy Land
> With His Dino Chums' I'm still going to buy the bloody game.
lolol me too
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:08
Regular
What has happened to us? Why are we talking about this? I don't care if its called 'Foxy Woxy's Super Duper Adventure in Mega Happy Land With His Dino Chums' I'm still going to buy the bloody game.
Mon 03/06/02 at 20:49
Foxwars might have been better
Mon 03/06/02 at 12:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I wasn't bothered about the whole Starfox 64 name thing, but Lylat Wars Adventues just isn't right!

I reckon that even Starwing Adventures would be a lot better than this!
There was nothing wrong with Starfox Adventures.

I'll still get this game - a simple name change won't put me off.
But i'll only call this game 'Dinosaur Planet' from now-on!

Lylat Wars was a great - but short - game, but some people who haven't heard about Dinosaur Planet before may start to think that this 100 hour adventure will be a lot shorter - like the N64 game.
Mon 03/06/02 at 11:44
Regular
Maybe Lylat Wars: Fox's Armada
Or Lylat Wars: Cornerian Armada or swhatever, I don't know the story so I don't know whose armada it is...
Mon 03/06/02 at 10:56
Well that also means Star Fox Armarda will have its name change. Lylat Wars Armarda just doesn't sound right.
Sun 02/06/02 at 23:08
Regular
"keep your receipt"
There's no Dinasour Planet on the end of either of the names.

In the UK both Starwing and Starfox are copyrighted.

And I'm pretty sure that although Rare are a UK-based firm they code in NTSC format rather than PAL...
Sun 02/06/02 at 23:08
Regular
"keep your receipt"
There's no StarFox Adventures on the end of either of the names.

In the UK both Starwing and Starfox are copyrighted.

And I'm pretty sure that although Rare are a UK-based firm they code in NTSC format rather than PAL...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.