GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the obsession with monkey's?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/06/02 at 18:17
Regular
The often frequent in converstaion, are used as subjects of enjoyment/derision/example.

Monkeys. Why are people on this site seemingly obsessed with them? I don't understand it. We have a monkey_man, Monkey with Attitude, Grease Monkey and The Iron Monkey. Someone's tagline (you know who you are) is 'mmm...monkeys'. There is a 'crew' in the PS2 forum called 'The Funky Monkeyz'.

What is the obsession with our simian friends?

Could someone please explain. Preferably a psychologist.
Sun 02/06/02 at 19:06
I can't help it, I was born a monkey, and the only way I could change that is through a very painfull and expensive operation.
I have however managed to teach myself to read and write, and will soon master the art of drinking tea (like some of my cousins that were in those PG tips ads).

For an mpeg of me when I was slightly less educated, go to:
http://www.our-pets.net/primatestore/smell.mpeg
Sun 02/06/02 at 18:15
"period drama"
Ah, come on.
They can eat stuff with their feet. And scratch themselves.

A perfect idol to all blokes.
Sun 02/06/02 at 18:06
Regular
"That's right!"
Monkeys pick ants out of each other's fur and eat them for breakfast

Monkeys "own" ants
Sun 02/06/02 at 17:58
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
only because Ants are so small, they'd be all over the monkeys...

I'm off to set up a training program for monkeys to train them in chemical warfare!

They can beat the Ants if we give em insect spray :D
Sat 01/06/02 at 21:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
Ants could beat Monkeys in a fight. No trouble at all.

In fact, we are devouring one of monkey_man's army right now. Surprisingly, they taste like sugar, which is good enough for us.
Sat 01/06/02 at 21:11
Go to the below link for easy access to a monkey god, which should (in a strange sort of way) help you to understand why we are so obsessed with monkeys:

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ display_messages.php?threadid=44606&forumid=416
Sat 01/06/02 at 21:03
Regular
*stokes chin*

Interesting...
Sat 01/06/02 at 21:03
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Stryke wrote:
> RM18 wrote:
> There is a 'crew' in the PS2 forum called
> 'The Funky Monkeyz'.
>
> --
>
> Hahaha. That forum gets sadder every day.

Well, that maybe so, the real funny thing is that it consisted of people that didnt even really post in there, which made that rather strange, and even more stupid.

Kids eh?
Sat 01/06/02 at 21:02
Regular
They have a greater intellect than 80% of the users of these forums. I think monkeys deserve some credit for that.
Sat 01/06/02 at 21:02
Regular
"You've upset me"
I don't look like a rasta, my name isn't Billy and I'm not skanky... Well... not much anyway. So my name has no relevance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.