GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/01/00 at 14:43
Regular
When PS 2 gets here it will give people what they really want: brilliant games and graphics and no hassle. PC's are just too awkward for the uninitiated. Their only selling point before was their power. The next generation consoles will make this difference tiny. No wonder Bill Gates wants to make a console!
Thu 26/10/00 at 10:58
Trust me, it's well bitchin'.
Mon 23/10/00 at 22:07
I can't wait for Tony Hawks 2 to come out on the PC. It sounds well good and I can't wait to create my own skate park.
Mon 23/10/00 at 11:41
Regular
"Excommunicated"
On the 27th October a lot of cool new games are coming out. Sudden Strike a game I am going to buy, it is similar to Red Alert but I think better because everything can be destroyed.
Red Alert 2 I like the idea that the rest of Europe need to save the Americans but it does not have anything new from the original games.
Grand Prix3 I don't know a lot about this but I heard it is ment to be very good.
I hope my short reveiws have inspired you to go and buy one of these games.
Sun 22/10/00 at 17:43
If nobody buys 'em they won't make any new ones
Sun 22/10/00 at 17:41
I'm for UTP, it's the one for me.
Wed 18/10/00 at 16:50
Hi, you may or may not wish to read this very thought provoking review of a certain fanatastic racing game for the PC. I would have left it in the review place for the game in question, but they would not accomodate my needs. Enjoy, and.. LEARN! It's now been over 2 and a half months since Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 3 was released in the UK, and still it remains at the top of the games charts. So is it any good? Veteran PC owners will remember 'Formula One Grand Prix' from 1992; that game, like its 1994 sequel 'Grand Prix 2' also reached the top of the charts. But is Grand Prix 3 selling on merit or reputation? Recently, F1's Mr Ecclestone has been handing out F1 licenses to anyone who has the money to pay for them. Recent F1 games include EA Sports' F1 2000, Psygnosis' Formula One '99 and Video Systems' Grand Prix World. All these games are playable, and EA Sports' offering looks amazing, but all fail to give the spark of amazement that Grand Prix 2 (and more importantly programmer Geoff Crammond)was renowned for in terms of realism. In Grand Prix 3, that spark has returned. The physics and realism are unprecedented; driving feels exactly like driving; crashing - like the recent tragic death of the marshal at Monza - reminds you of the real life risks involved in modern day F1. No game has come anywhere near to being as close to real life as GP3 (not that EA Sports' really tried). The graphics in GP3 aren't quite as good as F1 2000's; textures are done in a slightly lower resolution, and the odd graphical anomoly appears occasionally. The cockpit, though, is far better than anything before. And, the inclusion of wet weather creates breathtaking reflections of the beautifully rendered circuits. Car setup is as important as in GP2. Miniscule alterations have realistic effects, and to compete at the top level, diving into car setup is essential if you want to come anywhere ever than last. The computer AI has also been noticably improved-GP2 remained the best in terms of AI until GP3, and now GP3 has blown that away. The computer cars react as their real life counterparts would, fight like their real life counterparts would, and-like a certain Mr Schumacher-don't rule out the possiblilty of foul play when under pressure. There are a few minor disappointments however; the safety car feature hasn't been included (though will be in Microprose's November Addon), the pit crew look good but aren't very flexible (only Microsoft's Cart Presicion Racing has had a realistic pit crew so far), and the FIA license is from 1998 (the previously mentioned addon will include 1999 cars, tracks and data). There is one very, very important element to GP3. One of the reasons GP2 sold for so long (only once GP3 was set for release did it move to the budget classification) was that GP2 devotees had cracked the various file codes and formats in GP2 to allow them to update it completely. Crammond was well aware of this, and encouraged it. And, rather than design new formats and codes for GP3, he kept and updated the old ones. The result? GP3 can now be played with 2000 cars, names, team data, pictures, carshapes, and different cockpits. Perform a net search to find these devotee web sites. The net result? Grand Prix 3 is the best racing sim ever, and one of the best games ever. And it will be with us for a long, long, time. But, if you are like me and are generally lazy and prefer not to purchase such amazing games on the PC, then I suggest that we all check out Ferrari F355 out on Friday, and MSR out 2 weeks after that. If you thought that Sony were going to retain the crown for the best racing game in Gran Tursimo (and Gt2) then think again as Microprose have these beast of a game and Sega/Bizarre Creations' two amazing titles will all take the thrown. I am sure.
Mon 16/10/00 at 19:44
Until i had a PC i use to have a Macintosh, which were simply computers to use and anybody could pick them up (not literally) and use it. Then i got a PC and i hate the piece of equipment on my desk in the living room. I have no end of problems, some of which are so stupid i wonder why i bother. PCs are powerful computers and are capable of doing amazing things but they are so difficult to use and understand. I am quite experienced with computers but i need a lot of help when it comes to a PC. After getting my computer upgraded i had to have a new modem.....which didn't work. The place were i got it from said that it worked on their computer and with the same phone company (NTLWorld). I rang their tech support team and they i wouldn't work for two reasons
1)I was using Windows Millennium and they were still adapting their systems to handle the new version
2)The modem had a "#3" at the end of it
They said the # sign was a big problem. I was put to a different tech support team where i was directed to areas of my computer i didn't even know exists. The team were helpful but i took me an hour to sort out the modem. That's just one problem i had with my computer. I know you can't have things both ways but why are computers so difficult to use? Macintosh's were easy to use (i haven't touched a Mac in 3 years)
If anybody else feels the same why or if you disagree post a comment.

Darkreaper
Sat 14/10/00 at 16:32
UTP is not the standard. Unshielded twisted pair is a basic cable which is ideal for small networks with small amounts of cabling. If would be fine for connecting two computers as long as their is going to be nothing near the cable that could cause interference. Co-axial cable is not old it is of more use on a network with a higher load and is higher quality but does cost more.
Sat 14/10/00 at 16:25
I have a place round the corner from my house that rents all the latest PC games for £1.50 a night.
Sat 14/10/00 at 16:22
You can shoot their limbs of. You can shoot hats and glasses off too, and scalp people with your knife. Its pretty good. Great sniper rifle!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.