GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FF10 - first impressions..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/05/02 at 18:55
Regular
A little disapointed to be honest. I know i have only played it for an hour and a half so far, but to be honest at the moment it doesnt feel like i have done anything apart from watched with a little bit of walking and really really easy fights in between.

For me, its not started off at all like any of the previous games, they seemed to throw you into the action straight off, you got to actually do some playing while the story got off to a rushing start, this game hasnt done that to me yet, and this is one of the most important parts of the game.

You have to say that a game really needs a good begining to get things up and running, FF10 starts pretty slow....then with the blitzball scene it gets really good and im starting to think im back in FF, them something strange happens and the game just slowed down again.

Its not all bad, im intrigued to find out whats happening next, and it does seem to be building to something big, its just that, well, i think the graphics may have gone to Squares head at the minute, so far i havent played, i have watched, i hope its starts to improve in that aspect soon.

Got to say though, the graphics and character animations are very nice indeed, but still, a little more play would be nice sometime soon.
Page:
Sat 06/07/02 at 18:29
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Luck's not that important anyway.

Ok, so now I actually have found a fortune sphere, do u advise me to use it or leave it till later for something good?
Sat 06/07/02 at 18:06
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> You need Fortune Spheres!

Ah ha, thanks...as you said very rare so reason why I haven't got any yet. :-)
Sat 06/07/02 at 18:03
"period drama"
You need Fortune Spheres!
They only activate Luck Nodes.

Very rare too. Can't remember where you get any from.
You'll probably have to leave the node 'til later.

Luck's not that important anyway.
Sat 06/07/02 at 17:08
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Can anyone think why I can't activate a Luck node with Wakka? I've got all the Ability, Power, Speed and Mana Spheres over 50 of each so I've not run out.

Wakka is on the right hand side of the grid, about the top corner where one part breaks off and there's 3 nodes at the end, one of them is a Luck node but when I select Use it doesn't give me the option to use any of the above spheres.

Anyone got any clues?
Wed 03/07/02 at 19:24
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Has anyone got Tidus's final overdrive? I must be close to getting it now, and it had better be good. Multiple attacks hopefully, otherwise it won't be as good as Slice & Dice.
Wed 03/07/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
DeltaJava wrote:
> Blappa? Where?

When his contract with the Al Bhed Psyches expires, you just have to hope they don't resign him. Then go to the airship and sign him yourself.
Wed 03/07/02 at 17:47
Regular
"accidental superher"
when i played through the first time i just levelled up tidus all the time...
now i'm making it so that they all level up the same....and deprive the other team of ANY exp
Wed 03/07/02 at 14:32
Blappa? Where?
Tue 02/07/02 at 21:35
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
beanz wrote:
> and you should level up your guys by just passing it back and forth
> between your players...so you opposition get 0 exp and you get loads
> (if you have special passes, tackles or shots...then use them cos you
> get more exp)

Yeah but that comes at a price. I used to get around 60-90 Experience Points for each match with Blappa because I just let him score repeatedly throughout the match. However, passing the ball back and forth lowers his Exp Points loads but raises everyone elses by a bit. It depends whether you want an all round good team or an unstoppable single player. I have an unstoppable single player at the moment, but I'm starting to build my other players up a bit more since I'm confident I won't be changing anymore players (except perhaps my goalkeeper). Still, my whole team is fairly strong at the moment, they are just made to look weak compared to Blappa.
Tue 02/07/02 at 19:35
Regular
"accidental superher"
and you should level up your guys by just passing it back and forth between your players...so you opposition get 0 exp and you get loads
(if you have special passes, tackles or shots...then use them cos you get more exp)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.