GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cube Vs The Xbox"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/05/02 at 09:58
Regular
Who loves the cube and why? also who thinks the Xbox sucks? I love the Cube i own one and i think that Nintendo will win the the third gen war who agrees? i think that the Xbox is big and chunky just look at the pad!and well we got Medal of Honour and Resident Evil coming out please give me your views thank you
Wed 22/05/02 at 13:42
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> As much as I would like to agree with you Sony with the PS2 has
> already won this war!
>
> Having had their console out for years before the Cube and X-Box it
> gave them a good head start!
>
> But recent price drops of the Gamecube in the UK and US should help
> bolster sales imensly!
>
> :)

I'm not so sure the ps2 has won it. A year from now it could be 40 million ps2s and 20 million gamecubes and perhaps 12 million xboxes. A year after that it could be 45 million ps2s, 40 million gamecubes, 20 million xboxes. Then perhaps Gamecube might get a temporary lead until the ps3 comes out. You just don't know how its going to turn out.

I can't help wondering if ps2 sales will collapse when it becomes blatantly obvious that the ps2 is a much weaker format than gc and xbox.

The ps2 just isn't technically impressive and really is only selling due to excellent marketing and brand recognition. I mean I own a ps2, gc and xbox and I find it quite depressing how crap the ps2 is. I enjoy some of the games no problem there but many of them look worse than dreamcast with horrible jaggies and low resolution graphics plus limited textures and flicker.

The end of the day the most successful format is the format that people spend the most money on, thats not just the actual purchase of the console but how much additional software they buy and accessories.

I think theres a real chance the gamecube could be the major games format lets say in 18 months.
Wed 22/05/02 at 13:37
well spoted and i agree again now you know what your taking about i own the Cube, Xbox and PS2 and like the Cube the most while the Xbox has a few nice games but the Cube and PS2 are the leaders with so many companys out there making the cube the main console we will have a large number of games around
Wed 22/05/02 at 13:32
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Buffylover105 wrote:
> ===SONICRAV---i agree but ive been a Nintendo fan since the NES and if
> Nintendo didn't drop the SuperCD we wouldn't have the Playstation!

But they did, and we have. And it's not a bad thing- Sony brought gaming into the mainstream, which pumps money into development and allows better games to be made by everyone.

Sonic
Wed 22/05/02 at 13:30
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Buffylover105 wrote:
> is any one goin leave a message? this is a top subject! Buffylover105
> :-)

No it's not! Not only have we talked about this time and time again, but every time we reach the concensus that:

1) Real gamers don't care about console wars, just the quality of games
2) Both consoles are equally good, but for different markets
3) Only newbies start topics like this!

So please, please, please start some original topics. How about talking about some of Ninty's planned games, or their line up for E3. Try going into other topics and adding your views in there. But just don't start console wars topics.

Sonic
Wed 22/05/02 at 13:29
===SONICRAV---> i agree but ive been a Nintendo fan since the NES and if Nintendo didn't drop the SuperCD we wouldn't have the Playstation!
Wed 22/05/02 at 13:26
is any one goin leave a message? this is a top subject! Buffylover105 :-)
Wed 22/05/02 at 13:25
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Buffylover105 wrote:
> Yeah but the Cube has sold 400,000 consoles in the first week in
> europe alone and there are alot of game companys making the cube there
> main consol to work with! and Sony have had a 2 year head start over
> the Xbox and GameCube

Look, the argument is pointless. More developers are making games for the PS2 than the GC, but that doesn't mean the console is any better. Likewise, the Xbox sold 500,000 in Europe in its first week, but who really cares?

Fact is that all the consoles are great, but each appeals to different gamers. Each is selling extremely well, and I for one hope that all three continue to do well, as any true gamer should- I just want to play good games, and don't care what machine they come out on.
Wed 22/05/02 at 11:33
Yeah but the Cube has sold 400,000 consoles in the first week in europe alone and there are alot of game companys making the cube there main consol to work with! and Sony have had a 2 year head start over the Xbox and GameCube
Wed 22/05/02 at 11:17
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Buffylover, we've had plenty of topics like this, and the fact is that both consoles are excellent. The cube offers original, revolutionary and fun titles from Ninty and their 2nd parties, whereas the Xbox offers the "Sony generation" some excellent realistic racers, FPS games and beat em ups.

Oh, and as soon as you mentioned the size of the Xbox this post lost all credibility- consoles should be judged by the games and not what they look like.

So, all 3 of the consoles out are excellent, but they appeal to different markets. If you want to talk about the "winner" of the console war (and there's no such thing really) then the PS2 will have the most console sales by virtue of brand name and the head start.

Sonic
Wed 22/05/02 at 11:17
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
As much as I would like to agree with you Sony with the PS2 has already won this war!

Having had their console out for years before the Cube and X-Box it gave them a good head start!

But recent price drops of the Gamecube in the UK and US should help bolster sales imensly!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.