GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cube Vs The Xbox"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/05/02 at 09:58
Regular
Who loves the cube and why? also who thinks the Xbox sucks? I love the Cube i own one and i think that Nintendo will win the the third gen war who agrees? i think that the Xbox is big and chunky just look at the pad!and well we got Medal of Honour and Resident Evil coming out please give me your views thank you
Fri 24/05/02 at 13:47
Regular
Today I read EDGE magazine who were reporting that in March there were only two X-box gams in the U.S. top twenty, at numbers 19 & 20 yet I remember one X-box fan saying that Microsoft have the dominent role in the American games market. The magazine also says that there are currently 0 games in the Japanese top 50 which suggests to me that the X-box is more or less dead already over there and this is bound to make developers less likely to develop for the system.
Thu 23/05/02 at 20:17
PS2, out of the race?!!! LOL! Here we go agaon....mine's better than yours arguments.

If XBox is so good, then why did I just sell it and keep my PS2 and Gamecube? I sold it because every single mainstream multiplatform game that I want is heading to the PS2, earlier, and cheaper. Microsoft cannot compete with 30million+ sales of the PS2. If there was a race, PS2 has done 6 laps while XBox has only just jogged around half a lap. Developers don't care about who makes a console, or how big it is, or how powerful it is. All they care about is how many are sold, and therefore which will bring in the fastest sales. Simple marketing m8e.

Gamecube is worth it for the Nintendo, Rare, and other first party games alone. A PS2 and cube together are a great accompaniment (as would be an XBox and a cube).

At this years E3, PS2 and Gamecube are getting SO many great new games; the list for XBox was full of unknowns and a few predictables. Don't get me wrong, I think XBox is a great piece of kit, it's just not the leap ahead that we are all lead to believe.
Thu 23/05/02 at 20:05
u all r thick specially this cool kid freak. yea its size of a Video Recorder but in the end wat do u stare at the XBOX or the TV? think bout it. not only u go on about the size u repeat the same at the end this shows ur like 5 years old. yea GC is a family Console, XBOX is meant for big time gamers PS2 well thats not even in the race nemore well i hope this came out in my name because i didn't write all this 1 handed for nothing
Thu 23/05/02 at 17:47
Well just putit this way the X-box is crap. it has about 3 or 4 good games the Gamecube has 20+.The X-Box is as big as a VCR the Gamecube is as small as a new born baby.The Gamecube controllers cool the X-box one can barely fit in a childs hands and does the thing in the middle do anything. Nintendo has classic games like Mario, Zelda etc and x-box is new and have no great designers working for them. Gamecube will have Resi evil and x-box doesn't. I'd choose gamecube anyday. Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube v v Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube v Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube Gamecube so there. By Cox Boy
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:22
Regular
I think that with Gamecube ahead of the X-box in two of the three main gaming regions Japan and Europe the third party support for the cube will be increased. Especially from companies like EA who will be very wary of supporting the X-box if Microsoft can't increase sales soon. Remember EA refused to develop games for the Dreamcast because the expected the console to fail.
Thu 23/05/02 at 09:58
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
KIREBA wrote:
> Buffylover105 wrote:
> KIREBA i like the way you talk you like the cube?
>
> I think the cube will overtake the PS2 when people really get a chance
> to see what it can do.

In what respect? Sales or it's catalogue of titles?
Thu 23/05/02 at 07:38
well im a very big resident evil fan i have all the games and know all the info on them! but we have to wait till september til we can get the new 50% larger and better RE!
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:30
Regular
I have just watched the video for resident evil 0 and it looks fantastic. The trailer for resi online has also been released but the graphics for the game are not nearly as impressive as the gamecube games. I think this is problably because the game is running on PS2 hardware. So far the game has not been confirmed for other platforms!
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:30
Regular
"simpsons rule"
gamecube is a thousand times better
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:28
wtf is worng with this thing it wont go on my name since my friend been down here

this is nt buffylover its his mate

xdimensionx

you all think XBOX is crap because MICROSOFT made it. yes they suck yes its their first console. But at the end of the day it aint the make it iant the owners its wat you want and the games you want to play. stop boasting that GC has better games than XBOX because just think bout it How long has NINTENDO been around? alot longer than MICROSOFT has been making consoles. no1 really gives a s**t if MICROSOFT is g4y or if NINTENDO suck (which they do). so all stfu because XBOX has better graphics and GC well its small which people like. but like one person said it aint the console u look at its the TV screen. and u all know people like big tvs i know *cough*48 inch*cough* so yall stop being anoyying and get with the time. the time where people appreciate consoles and not boats bout it.

This wa not buffylover this is his mate he was on my comp earlier n i cant get on my name as i joined today.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.