GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cube Vs The Xbox"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/05/02 at 09:58
Regular
Who loves the cube and why? also who thinks the Xbox sucks? I love the Cube i own one and i think that Nintendo will win the the third gen war who agrees? i think that the Xbox is big and chunky just look at the pad!and well we got Medal of Honour and Resident Evil coming out please give me your views thank you
Wed 22/05/02 at 18:49
KIREBA wrote:
> Buffylover105 wrote:
> KIREBA i like the way you talk you like the cube?
>
> I think the cube will overtake the PS2 when people really get a chance
> to see what it can do. The x-box is quite simply the biggest mistake
> Microsoft ever made. X-box just has to be losing them money big time
> and even Bill Gates can't afford to keep on spending millions on a
> machine that the world particuarly Japan and Europe just don't seem to
> care about. If Microsoft remains in third place like it currently is
> in terms of worldwide sales, then third party support is likely to dry
> up fast no matter how much Microsoft are willing to throw at
> developers.

i know what you say is true Microsoft have wasted their money but hay they can afford to! well who cares about them i know in time people will learn that the GameCube is the game console to buy i mean at £129 its a bargin and with all the games coming out for it! take my mate hes getting rid of his PS2 as all the games he owns and wants are on GameCube aslo hes a Medal of Honour fan and thats a Cube game now!
Wed 22/05/02 at 18:11
Regular
Buffylover105 wrote:
> KIREBA i like the way you talk you like the cube?

I think the cube will overtake the PS2 when people really get a chance to see what it can do. The x-box is quite simply the biggest mistake Microsoft ever made. X-box just has to be losing them money big time and even Bill Gates can't afford to keep on spending millions on a machine that the world particuarly Japan and Europe just don't seem to care about. If Microsoft remains in third place like it currently is in terms of worldwide sales, then third party support is likely to dry up fast no matter how much Microsoft are willing to throw at developers.
Wed 22/05/02 at 17:58
KIREBA i like the way you talk you like the cube?
BANDIT only because people are posting me! and the reason why i'm here now is because i've been creating web sites and games for PCs!
Wed 22/05/02 at 17:54
Buffylover105 wrote:
> anyone going send us a message!! Buffylover105

yeh here's a message 4 yer..shut the hell up your starting to p*ss everyone off on the message boards,your name will be "marked",anyway why the need to talk now after only 12 posts in 317 days???????
Wed 22/05/02 at 17:44
Regular
The x-box did NOT sell 500,000 in the first week on sale in europe that is actually the ammount they have sold in europe to date! Pretty unimpressive when compared to the 400,000 the Gamecube sold in it's first week. At an Electronic Arts press conference earlier in the month the company admitted that sales of the x-box had been very slowin Europe so far. This may be why no Medal of Honour title has been announced for this platform, the poor sales in Japan is problably another factor.
Wed 22/05/02 at 15:45
I do think that in terms of sales between now and the release of the PS3 or any other console in the future, Nintendo will have picked up more sales of consoles than Sony. To be quite honest though the Gamecube is an awesome console with a great line up of games for the future as shown at E3, like Mario Sunshine and Zelda.
But in this subjct Buffy highlighted that the Xbox was crap but that is far from the truth it currently has some amazing games, Halo, DOA3 and Amped by far my favourite 3, realy the games are what make a console great if the console has a great line up of games which gamers are going ot play then the console will suceed.
Wed 22/05/02 at 15:28
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Who gives a crap? I have a PS2 and soon a GC, I have no intension on buying an x-box, so I couldn't care less whether or not that console does well, or crap in sales.

Sod whos going to win or lose the console wars, the only reason I got a console in the first place was to play games, not to worry or care about which console is the best.
Wed 22/05/02 at 15:17
anyone going send us a message!! Buffylover105
Wed 22/05/02 at 13:55
Bonzo Banana you sound like the person i am i mean i think the console wars will end up with the cube in first place followed by the Xbox then the PS2 and if sony will not drop the price of their console then they will lose the race for sure, i mean the PS2 is less powerful then the Cube but is £70 more! and when the modem comes out for the Gamecube then it will enter a new war as the Xbox all ready has a modem built-in while the PS2 only has talk about a modem and the talk at the moment is that we all will be able to play together on the same game online but on differnt formats!
Wed 22/05/02 at 13:43
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Buffylover105 wrote:
> well spoted and i agree again now you know what your taking about i
> own the Cube, Xbox and PS2 and like the Cube the most while the Xbox
> has a few nice games but the Cube and PS2 are the leaders with so many
> companys out there making the cube the main console we will have a
> large number of games around

1) The cube doesn't, and never will have the most game around- that's something the PS2 will always "win" at.

2) Does more developers, and more games, mean better games? In reality the number of good games is about equal for the GC and Xbox at the mo. PS2, due to the time its been out, is still leading though.

3) Take my advice, and start original topics. This topic will make you no friends (because it's unoriginal) and certainly hasn't got much point to it.

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.