GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cube Vs The Xbox"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/05/02 at 09:58
Regular
Who loves the cube and why? also who thinks the Xbox sucks? I love the Cube i own one and i think that Nintendo will win the the third gen war who agrees? i think that the Xbox is big and chunky just look at the pad!and well we got Medal of Honour and Resident Evil coming out please give me your views thank you
Thu 30/05/02 at 19:50
Regular
">:)"
LordKain wrote:

> But we're not comparing Xbox load times versus the PC or PS2, we're
> comparing Xbox load times versus the Gamecube. This was always seen
> as a disadvantage of discs versus cartridges ever since the Sega-CD
> days, and probably one of the reasons Ninty went for the smaller
> format. (Besides, how much of a DVD is really used for a game?)
> Still, if we want to take advantage of the vastly-expanded programming
> space available on a CD/DVD, we need to put up with load delays, but
> the hardware needs to be optimised so that the next level loads before
> we come down off our adrenaline high.

Actually the load time was the MAIN reason ninty went for the 8cm disks. Price wise, they probably arent much cheaper to make than a normal dvd, but because the laser head does not have to move so far, load time is kept to a minimum, which is nice :)

And as 1 disk holds around 1.5gb, there doesnt really seem any need for a bigger disk. You can always use 2 if you are greedy.
Thu 30/05/02 at 18:22
so i've just heard that Carl of Game Network says were able to play 8cm DVDs on our Cube and tis is true as the Gamecube does use DVD technology but only able to use 8cm discs
Tue 28/05/02 at 11:54
xdimensionx wrote:
> it. if you say it takes along time to load i think you haven't get one
> or play on one you'll fins it takes less time to load on the XBOX than
> it is on a PC or PS2

But we're not comparing Xbox load times versus the PC or PS2, we're comparing Xbox load times versus the Gamecube. This was always seen as a disadvantage of discs versus cartridges ever since the Sega-CD days, and probably one of the reasons Ninty went for the smaller format. (Besides, how much of a DVD is really used for a game?) Still, if we want to take advantage of the vastly-expanded programming space available on a CD/DVD, we need to put up with load delays, but the hardware needs to be optimised so that the next level loads before we come down off our adrenaline high.
Tue 28/05/02 at 09:21
well we all know that the cube is the best and yes its easy to carry unlike the Xbox which is huge and very heavy and hard to hard well get the point?
Mon 27/05/02 at 21:01
Cox boy wrote:
> Well just putit this way the X-box is crap. it has about 3 or 4 good
> games the Gamecube has 20+.The X-Box is as big as a VCR the Gamecube
> is as small as a new born baby.The Gamecube controllers cool the X-box
> one can barely fit in a childs hands and does the thing in the middle
> do anything. Nintendo has classic games like Mario, Zelda etc and
> x-box is new and have no great designers working for them. Gamecube
> will have Resi evil and x-box doesn't. I'd choose gamecube anyday.

all true but you got one thing wrong..... it's smaller than a new born baby and you can carry it easily with or without using the handle but xbox is hard to carry and doesn't even have a handle
Mon 27/05/02 at 20:25
NetNifty wrote:
> xdimensionx wrote:
> XBOX is meant for big time gamers
>
> cos they got lotsa time 2 w8 for the f**kin thing 2 load? i prefer my
> cube 2 anythin else, cos wen u wanna play a game, u dont wanna sit
> there for 5 mins w8n 4 it 2 load, u wanna play it. I want a GAMES
> machine, not a f**kin pc in a box.

ok you really think the XBOX takes ages to load. have you played on it. if you say it takes along time to load i think you haven't get one or play on one you'll fins it takes less time to load on the XBOX than it is on a PC or PS2
Mon 27/05/02 at 19:00
xdimensionx wrote:
> XBOX is meant for big time gamers

cos they got lotsa time 2 w8 for the f**kin thing 2 load? i prefer my cube 2 anythin else, cos wen u wanna play a game, u dont wanna sit there for 5 mins w8n 4 it 2 load, u wanna play it. I want a GAMES machine, not a f**kin pc in a box.
Sun 26/05/02 at 18:54
yeah i think we all wanna know what he was doin!
Sun 26/05/02 at 16:24
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
xdimensionx wrote:
yea GC is a family Console, XBOX is
> meant for big time gamers PS2 well thats not even in the race nemore
> well i hope this came out in my name because i didn't write all this 1
> handed for nothing

And what pray tell were you doing with the other hand...?

heh heh ;-)
Sun 26/05/02 at 09:03
BIGMAN wrote:
> I agree although the controls are similar (which is a good thing) they
> are some slight advantages with the 'Cube controller such as the
> Analogue stick which I feel is a lot better.

they've done a great job with the whole game and we all thank Nintendo now we wait for pikmin and Resident Evil!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.