GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Colour of Magic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/03/08 at 15:41
Regular
That's odd, I never heard about this from any of my fellow Discworld friends on Freeola. I only just saw an advert for it on TV. From what I saw it looks good and the casting seems better than the Hogfather. Though I should add that I have yet to read the book so someone will have to tell me whether the actors suite their roles. Do they?

Unfortunately I still don't have Sky so I'm going to have to try and find a torrent for it. Like the Hogfather I'll try and get it on DVD too.

This is good news right? Maybe the Hogfather did well and they're thinking about doing a lot more of the Dscoworld stories?
Wed 05/03/08 at 00:24
"possibly impossible"
Dammit! I'm not the only geek here, you know!

Who would be good to play Sam Vimes? Ray Winstone? :D

No, has to be someone world weary, but with gravitas and who looks commanding. British too...
Sun 02/03/08 at 23:37
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> That's odd, I never heard about this from any of my fellow
> Discworld friends on Freeola. I only just saw an advert for it on
> TV.

Yeah I saw the advert for the first time the other day too. And then I looked online and saw stuff about it dating from last april so I thought it MUST have been mentioned on here already too.

Naturally I blame pb for this too. Shocking dereliction of duty. What else is happening in the TV/Movie world that hes not reporting to us I wonder?
Sun 02/03/08 at 23:16
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> I'm not totally convinced by the idea of David Jason being
> Rincewind.

Me neither and I'd go as far as to say it's really annoyed me -- I get the feeling he used his not-too-inconsiderable connections to get the part. This sort of thing normally wouldn't bother me but Discworld is something I love dearly and I would be so happy to see it done right.

I thought he was pretty good as Albert, but if he gets cast as Sam Vimes then I'll hunt down and kill the f**ker!

Still, looking forward to the show.
Sun 02/03/08 at 20:38
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> Isn't Samwise Gamgee in it? Yes I read people would have
> prefered Eric Idle instead, David Jason is a big fan of the
> series I'm guessing? Still I'm just glad they're making it as I'd
> love to see more. I'm surprised you didnt try and get yourself
> involved as an extra pb :D

Yes, Sean Astin is Twoflower. But from the pictures he seems to be based on a typical movie American tourist. We'll see what it turns out like.

And yes, David Jason is a big fan and has read all the books.
Sun 02/03/08 at 19:59
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I'm not totally convinced by the idea of David Jason being Rincewind.
Sun 02/03/08 at 19:42
Regular
pb wrote:
> Surely I must have mentioned it? No?

No, you don't tell me anything anymore :'(

> Anyway, it's on at easter and I have Sky and a DVD Recorder as
> you know. :D
>
> As for the actors, well everyone has a different idea in their
> mind of the characters from the book, but I think Twoflower won't
> be what most people were expecting. David Jason as Rincewind is
> ok, but I would have preferred Eric Idle, as in the Discworld
> games. I'm trying to think if Rincewind and Albert ever appeared
> in the same story, if so it could be quite confusing...

Isn't Samwise Gamgee in it? Yes I read people would have prefered Eric Idle instead, David Jason is a big fan of the series I'm guessing? Still I'm just glad they're making it as I'd love to see more. I'm surprised you didnt try and get yourself involved as an extra pb :D
Sun 02/03/08 at 17:04
"possibly impossible"
Surely I must have mentioned it? No?

Anyway, it's on at easter and I have Sky and a DVD Recorder as you know. :D

As for the actors, well everyone has a different idea in their mind of the characters from the book, but I think Twoflower won't be what most people were expecting. David Jason as Rincewind is ok, but I would have preferred Eric Idle, as in the Discworld games. I'm trying to think if Rincewind and Albert ever appeared in the same story, if so it could be quite confusing...
Sun 02/03/08 at 15:41
Regular
That's odd, I never heard about this from any of my fellow Discworld friends on Freeola. I only just saw an advert for it on TV. From what I saw it looks good and the casting seems better than the Hogfather. Though I should add that I have yet to read the book so someone will have to tell me whether the actors suite their roles. Do they?

Unfortunately I still don't have Sky so I'm going to have to try and find a torrent for it. Like the Hogfather I'll try and get it on DVD too.

This is good news right? Maybe the Hogfather did well and they're thinking about doing a lot more of the Dscoworld stories?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.