GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Colour of Magic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/03/08 at 15:41
Regular
That's odd, I never heard about this from any of my fellow Discworld friends on Freeola. I only just saw an advert for it on TV. From what I saw it looks good and the casting seems better than the Hogfather. Though I should add that I have yet to read the book so someone will have to tell me whether the actors suite their roles. Do they?

Unfortunately I still don't have Sky so I'm going to have to try and find a torrent for it. Like the Hogfather I'll try and get it on DVD too.

This is good news right? Maybe the Hogfather did well and they're thinking about doing a lot more of the Dscoworld stories?
Wed 12/03/08 at 10:39
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I've finally dug out The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic from my "lets store it and forget about it drawer". Read a huge chucnk of the Colour of Magic last night and can actually get into it now (started reading it when I was 12, but couldn't understand pratchett's style of writing).

Now I understand why luggage has to be in it... I can't wait to see what he/she/it looks like on screen.

My life has become very Discworldover the last few days.
Tue 11/03/08 at 23:23
"possibly impossible"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> hippyman wrote:
> Eric Idle would have been my choice as well, but I'm sure David
> Jason will be just fine. As long as we don't expect him to
> burst
> out with "Twoflowers you plonker!"
>
> Heh, that would be hilarious.
>
> Any idea if the Luggage will be in it? Be ascinating how they
> recreate such a unique character.
>
> There was a brief glimpse of it in a trailer.
>
>
> pb wrote:
> Apparently Pratchett thought of Pete Postlethwaite when he
> wrote
> the character of Sam Vimes, so says Radio Times.
>
>
> They said something to do with Pete Postlethwaite to do with
> playing Sam Vimes in this month's SFX. I only skimmed it though,
> I'm not sure exactly what they said.

Ah, yes, it was SFX, not Radio Times. Just re-read it in my subscription copy, and about Helena BC being their choice for Angua, not a bad call.

Oh, and the luggage is the star of the story, of course it's there! From the stills it looks really good too.
Tue 11/03/08 at 22:43
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
hippyman wrote:
> Eric Idle would have been my choice as well, but I'm sure David
> Jason will be just fine. As long as we don't expect him to burst
> out with "Twoflowers you plonker!"

Heh, that would be hilarious.

> Any idea if the Luggage will be in it? Be ascinating how they
> recreate such a unique character.

There was a brief glimpse of it in a trailer.

pb wrote:
> Apparently Pratchett thought of Pete Postlethwaite when he wrote
> the character of Sam Vimes, so says Radio Times.

They said something to do with Pete Postlethwaite to do with playing Sam Vimes in this month's SFX. I only skimmed it though, I'm not sure exactly what they said.
Tue 11/03/08 at 16:55
"possibly impossible"
Colour of Magic includes the Light Fantastic as well, it's a condenced story of both books.

Apparently Pratchett thought of Pete Postlethwaite when he wrote the character of Sam Vimes, so says Radio Times. I'd like to see Carrot and Angua in a televised story. Maybe they should do Men At Arms?
Tue 11/03/08 at 14:36
Regular
Excellent. The Hogfather seemed to go down pretty well, so as long as this does to that should open the floodgates. Will adaptation include The Light Fantastic? As they go together as books I wonder if they'll make both and roll them into one?

Now all I'm waiting to see is the mini series of Terry Goodkinds Sword of Truth.
Tue 11/03/08 at 14:24
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
No official dates yet, just "easter weekend". So presumably 21st-24th of march. Although reading about it today that isnt guaranteed as its still in post-production apparently.

Also another snippet of news I just read. The next adaptation is Going Postal. And its implied there will definitely be more after that.
Tue 11/03/08 at 14:05
Regular
Any one know what day(s?) this will be on?
Mon 10/03/08 at 22:34
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I wish I had sky. Heard it was being shown soon this afternoon.

Which was quite freaky as I was halfway through writing a walkthrough for Discworld II: Mising Presumed...

Eric Idle would have been my choice as well, but I'm sure David Jason will be just fine. As long as we don't expect him to burst out with "Twoflowers you plonker!"

Any idea if the Luggage will be in it? Be ascinating how they recreate such a unique character.
Sat 08/03/08 at 00:29
Regular
I haven't read Hogfather (or seen the movie) so I'm not sure if it's already been done yet, but...

...How are they going to show the colour of magic?

I thought it was Octarine - a magical 8th colour in the visible colour spectrum that does not exist in our world...
Wed 05/03/08 at 23:25
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Me.

"I can feel the streets through my ... wheels."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.