GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Colour of Magic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/03/08 at 15:41
Regular
That's odd, I never heard about this from any of my fellow Discworld friends on Freeola. I only just saw an advert for it on TV. From what I saw it looks good and the casting seems better than the Hogfather. Though I should add that I have yet to read the book so someone will have to tell me whether the actors suite their roles. Do they?

Unfortunately I still don't have Sky so I'm going to have to try and find a torrent for it. Like the Hogfather I'll try and get it on DVD too.

This is good news right? Maybe the Hogfather did well and they're thinking about doing a lot more of the Dscoworld stories?
Sun 16/03/08 at 18:14
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Personally I thought it was *okay*, but it didn't really capture Discworld.
Sun 16/03/08 at 17:04
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Hogfather wasn't bad but Susan ... she looked great but that was about it.
Sun 16/03/08 at 13:30
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Hogfather rocked. It brings back my happiest Christmas memories.
Sun 16/03/08 at 11:20
Regular
I'm seeing more ads for this, there's even one on IMDB of all places. Nice to see they're really getting behind this, I hope it gets the ratings and dvd sales it deserves. :)
Sat 15/03/08 at 10:37
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I enjoyed the demo of Discworld II on my playstation, but couldn't find the game anywhere. I asked my grandparents for the books for christmas when I was younger.

Then I found the game and didn't read the books. Now I am. :)
Fri 14/03/08 at 18:44
"possibly impossible"
Picked up the Colour of Magic and Light Fantastic just after their paperback release, quite by accident (involved book vouchers). Been glued to the series ever since, but with the kids around I've lost a lot of my reading time. I've got two of the hardbacks signed by the man himself.
Fri 14/03/08 at 17:43
Regular
Ah so you're an early fan Timmargh :) Well like you said before, why rush something you enjoy? I don't understand why people would buy a new book and finish it within a day or two.

Looking forward to watching this, I wonder which one they'll do next.
Fri 14/03/08 at 15:43
Regular
"Twenty quid."
pb wrote:
> Funnily enough, I'm reading that too, but it's one of my
> hardbacks so I can't carry it around with me (which means it
> takes ages to read).

Mine's the hardback, too, but I'm just a slow reader!
Fri 14/03/08 at 15:43
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Machie wrote:
> Discoworld Reading Order Guide - Does anyone follow this
> or do you just buy any of them?

I starting with Mort in 1990 and read my way through all the ones I could lay my hands on (The Colour of Magic, The Light Fantastic, Equal Rites, Mort, Sourcery, Wyrd Sisters, Pyramids, Guards! Guards!, Eric, Moving Pictures, Reaper Man, Witches Abroad, Small Gods and Lords and Ladies) in no particular order.

By then it was 1992 and so I just bought and read each one as they were released.
Fri 14/03/08 at 15:03
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
FYI: Its definitely on Sky One on the 23rd March. Presumably the next part is on the following day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.