GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Colour of Magic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/03/08 at 15:41
Regular
That's odd, I never heard about this from any of my fellow Discworld friends on Freeola. I only just saw an advert for it on TV. From what I saw it looks good and the casting seems better than the Hogfather. Though I should add that I have yet to read the book so someone will have to tell me whether the actors suite their roles. Do they?

Unfortunately I still don't have Sky so I'm going to have to try and find a torrent for it. Like the Hogfather I'll try and get it on DVD too.

This is good news right? Maybe the Hogfather did well and they're thinking about doing a lot more of the Dscoworld stories?
Fri 14/03/08 at 14:09
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Didn't know he'd written that many books!

So far only have The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic, but will probably use that guide when I go for the next Rincewind title. Cheers Machie.
Fri 14/03/08 at 11:38
"possibly impossible"
Timmargh wrote:
> I'm part-way into Going Postal at the moment ... can't remember
> where I put it though.

Funnily enough, I'm reading that too, but it's one of my hardbacks so I can't carry it around with me (which means it takes ages to read).
Fri 14/03/08 at 10:51
Regular
I can highly recommend Mort :) Timmargh bought me it, so that makes it even more special.

Discoworld Reading Order Guide - Does anyone follow this or do you just buy any of them?
Fri 14/03/08 at 10:08
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Love that title. I suppose that's what we'd all do if the internet ever completely died on us.

May order that one, as well as Mort (just sounds good) soon.
Fri 14/03/08 at 01:43
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I'm part-way into Going Postal at the moment ... can't remember where I put it though.
Thu 13/03/08 at 23:26
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Different, because most of it's not in Ankh Morpork, but very good as I remember.
Thu 13/03/08 at 22:01
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> *looks at bookshelf*...

Thats the reason I'm reading it today... Slammed my finger trying to open a stuck drawer, after a different book. Couldn't open it properly and gave up and grabbed the first book I could find.

Ah well, glad I'm reading it now.

What's Pyramids like?
Thu 13/03/08 at 21:13
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I haven't read a Discworld book in forever...

I think the last one I read was Pyramids, that was probably about 18 months ago now. I haven't read a couple of the newer ones yet even though I have them.

*looks at bookshelf*...
Thu 13/03/08 at 20:02
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Just finished The Colour Of Magic (chapter) and going to start the second part of the book (the sending of eight) tonight.

Actually really enjoying it, so will be ordering The Hogfather as my next DVD to buy.
Thu 13/03/08 at 15:24
Regular
Some excellent news if they do carry on making more. :D

I would recommend a Freeola Discworld BookClub but some of you might have read the books already and not want to read them again, or have no interest in talking about them on here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.