GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Colour of Magic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/03/08 at 15:41
Regular
That's odd, I never heard about this from any of my fellow Discworld friends on Freeola. I only just saw an advert for it on TV. From what I saw it looks good and the casting seems better than the Hogfather. Though I should add that I have yet to read the book so someone will have to tell me whether the actors suite their roles. Do they?

Unfortunately I still don't have Sky so I'm going to have to try and find a torrent for it. Like the Hogfather I'll try and get it on DVD too.

This is good news right? Maybe the Hogfather did well and they're thinking about doing a lot more of the Dscoworld stories?
Wed 26/03/08 at 16:51
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> I agree with Garin though, a lot of the humour didn't really
> seem to be there. I think perhaps Terry Pratchett's humour is
> easier to convey in written language.

Yep I think so, which is why I found it a bit bland in places as they didnt make much attempt to replace the humour with something more visual. Also, I dont think it helped that its probably one of Pratchett's weakest stories.
Wed 26/03/08 at 12:58
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I liked it.
Tim Curry was hilarious. I don't even remember that character, it's been so long since I read the book, but he came across as being very Discworldy. Christopher Lee as the voice of Death was a very good choice, obviously. I'm not convinced they quite got Twoflower right but he wasn't far off I guess.

I agree with Garin though, a lot of the humour didn't really seem to be there. I think perhaps Terry Pratchett's humour is easier to convey in written language.

I preferred it a lot to the Hogfather though.
Wed 26/03/08 at 11:25
"possibly impossible"
Garin wrote:
> I cant quite decide if I liked it or not. It seemed to drag on a
> bit in places and considering the amount of humour the book
> contained it wasnt exactly a laugh a minute.
>
> Maybe I'll watch it again at some point but I think for the
> moment I liked The Hogfather better.

I think they've had to remove things because they were too adult and other stuff because it just didn't fit. Still pretty good though.
Wed 26/03/08 at 03:18
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Machie wrote:
> ... An improvement since the Hogfather do you think Timmargh?

Definitely.
Wed 26/03/08 at 00:51
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I cant quite decide if I liked it or not. It seemed to drag on a bit in places and considering the amount of humour the book contained it wasnt exactly a laugh a minute.

Maybe I'll watch it again at some point but I think for the moment I liked The Hogfather better.
Wed 26/03/08 at 00:20
Regular
I loved it :D Really enjoyed the story and characters. What percentage would you say is used from the book?

An improvement since the Hogfather do you think Timmargh? I would like to think so, they certainly spent a lot more money. The actors did a good job, Delboy, Mikey and Filch especially. I was surprised by Jeremy because he wasn't listed on IMDB for some reason.

Over all I give it 10/10 because I'm easy to please and I can't wait to see what they do next. Going Postal is it?

So what did you think pb? Garin? Bob? YH? and hippy?

p.s did you see the rack on Herrena? :D I think I'll go back and screencap that precious little moment. ;)
Mon 24/03/08 at 23:04
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Overall I liked it. David Jason was okay (I 'spose) and the luggage was good. I thought I was going to hate Jeremy Irons (as I usually do) but he did well. Filch the Barbarian was excellent and looked the part.

Can't wait for Going Postal!
Mon 24/03/08 at 18:06
"possibly impossible"
HD version of part 1 already up on torrent sites.
Mon 24/03/08 at 11:27
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I enjoyed the first half.
Tue 18/03/08 at 23:31
"possibly impossible"
6pm easter sunday and monday.

Sky +

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.