GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX STINKS!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/05/02 at 22:49
Regular
Stupid idiot wrote:
> And yes we do have the better games.

LOL "WE?"

Fanboys...when will they learn?
Page:
Wed 22/05/02 at 17:39
Regular
"this is a tagline"
It's up to them really if they want to waste their time in posting crap in our forums. It's just really annoying when you see all these "X-Box Sucks" threads, when you'd rather talk about the X-Box - and not make fun of any other console.

Perhaps we should all stop replying to this thread or something, that may solve something :-)
Wed 22/05/02 at 17:32
Rinoa Heartilly wrote:
> as it has proved by posting this on here people do
> hate the Xbox for many reasons.

How on earth did you reach this conclusion,in a topic of 40 odd posts you got 2 posts supporting your veiw that the doh "xbox sucks" and they were from the same well known ninty fanboy.your the one with blinkers on,and your head in the sand.Wake up,open your eye's(even if your heart tells you not to)XBOX IS HERE AND IT'S THE BRIGHT FUTURE OF GAMING...
Wed 22/05/02 at 14:30
Whats that smell

Oh its my x-box :)
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:39
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thats all fair enough, but this both sides of the story thing - isn't there supposed to be a good arguement against the machine rather than pathetic little kids playground comments ?

I remember saying half the crap you've come out with when I was 5 !
All this "X-Box is smelly hur, hur, hur" stuff is pathetic. Your so blinded by bias that its laughable. I'm not saying you have to love the X-Box, but you whine on like someones just kicked your cage. Your comments are typical fanboy/girl/it. Theres no neutral viewpoint to your comments at all and theres no indication that you'd ever accept any good points about the console.

If you knew anything about the consoles rather than just buy one and defend it like your part of the company's territorial army, you'd know that the X-Box has its own qualities that make it more than a match to both the PS2 and the GC. Nintendo have been around for ages yes, but that doesn't make them god.

I own the GC too and I look at the current games line up, the announced games for the future and its potential and I see little more than another N64. Of course it has a few new projects going on with games like Pikmin being released, but overall it certainly isn't gaming utopia.
The PS2 of course has more games right now because its been out longer, but hardware wise, both the GC and especially X-Box are superior and I can see the X-Box giving a more impressive online experience than the PS2 while the GC's support for this area will no doubt be next to non existant.

Of course not everyone cares about online gaming, but its a prime example of how the X-Box is looking to support different areas of gaming rather just chucking out the same games all the time with little to get out of titles above beating them over a weekend.
For the innovative reputation Nintendo has, they seem to be running out of ideas fast.
I'm glad your looking forward to Final Fantasy 10, its a good series, but its not something I'm too bothered about when the likes of Project Ego are on the way that give you more freedom. The Japanese can make a good story no doubt about it, but I don't think they are the masters of making games anymore.

Now before I get a fanboy mob at my door throwing cuddly toy Mario's at my window, what I mean is that the West are doing just as well as the Japanese nowadays. Hell, if not for Rare, I very much doubt the GC would be on the shelves right now because Pokemon alone wouldn't have helped Nintendo enough. It was Rare who kept them afloat and fanboy's can whinge as much as they want, but they know its true.

I admire Microsoft for releasing a console that actually tries to give us something new. Of course a lot of PC titles are coming to the machine but why not ? PC games are popular, so to have both PC gaming and console gaming on one machine is excellent and with the online play and the abilities of the X-Box's hard drive, so many things can be done.

You might be happy playing the same titles the Japanese dump on us year in, year out, but the other people in here along with myself want more than 10 games of plumbers jumping down pipes and an RPG series that tells the same story again and again. We want an RPG where we have the freedom to be good or evil. We want to play a 32 player co-op FPS game online. And when we create a wrestler in a wrestling game, we want to add our own entrance music in rather than the crap selection the game gives us to use.
When we play an FPS game like Halo, we get the atmosphere of a battlefield, bulletholes and bodies don't disappear like Yoda in Star Wars 5 seconds after death.

You want to slate the X-Box, than come up with something better than playground talk to back it up rather than the childish cack your spewing now. All 3 consoles have their strong points, the X-Box's biggest asset is its potential that goes further than the other 2 consoles.
In a years time, when most of the games that me and the others on here are dying to own are out, you'll see what the X-Box can really do. Then the only thing I see stinking is the underwear of the competition unless they get their finger out and start thinking of new ideas rather than just remakes. Sony will keep a strong position, but I believe Nintendo are in big trouble if they stick with the way they do things. Rare can only save them so many times.
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:04
Regular
"Melliflous Wanderer"
Having an opinion is fine, but please why so against Xbox. I have a PS2 and an Xbox. GC to following shortly. Each console has its advantages and dis-advantages. Theres no need for so much console slagging. If people sl@g of the xbox then their just jealous and misguided fools.
Tue 21/05/02 at 21:09
hey whats this someone trying to nick my forum, the Xbox does suck i Know i've walked past on enough times in the hi-street had a go been nuteral. but my god it stinks. yes i do love my cube it is amazing and i do like my ps2 can't wait for FFX. i wolud of rather Nintendo and Squaresoft had made up ealier.

Outlaw said stay to your own sites but then how would people know what consol to buy if you have blinkers on all the time. this site is so for the XBOX (been an XBOX site i excpect it DOH!) but you need both side of the story. as it has proved by posting this on here people do hate the Xbox for many reasons. if you only look at one forum then its like having your head in a bucket of sand. you are welcome to come on any othe site if you want, and place your opions
Tue 21/05/02 at 17:09
Regular
"this is a tagline"
Heh, nice one ;-)

Why do people come into this forum and waste their time by posting threads like this - what is it going to prove?! What you should do is stay in your 'own' forum - Ninty - and talk about the games you enjoy there.

I'm sure that you would get so much more enjoyment.
Tue 21/05/02 at 16:57
Rinoa Heartilly wrote:
> WRONG. For a start all 400,000 Gamecubes were sold in the first week,
> now people have to wait for more to come through, coz they are all
> sold out, ohh if xbox is that good why hasn't it outsold the cube??
> hmmm CUBE WINS.

if this "Rinoa Heartilly" really is a girl all i can say is "is'nt she a feisty little fire fly,good on yer gal!"..........but i still think your a fan boy..SORRY..fan girl, even if it's true you have a ps2 and a pc everything that comes out of your mouth is CUBE SHAPED.
Mon 20/05/02 at 21:44
Regular
"this is a tagline"
Because Nintendo are so retarded that they can't seem to get enough units into shops - unlike mighty M$!!

No, I'm only joking :-) We've said this a million times, it doesn't matter how many units a console shifts, as long as we keep on getting amazing games. Also, Nintendo have been a main gaming player for about one hundred years - unlike M$: the X-Box is their first ever console.

So, it doesn't matter that all Cube's have sold it - I merely congratulate Nintendo on such an achievement.
Mon 20/05/02 at 21:28
WRONG. For a start all 400,000 Gamecubes were sold in the first week, now people have to wait for more to come through, coz they are all sold out, ohh if xbox is that good why hasn't it outsold the cube?? hmmm CUBE WINS.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.