GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX STINKS!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/05/02 at 22:49
Regular
Stupid idiot wrote:
> And yes we do have the better games.

LOL "WE?"

Fanboys...when will they learn?
Page:
Mon 20/05/02 at 21:21
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Rinoa Heartilly wrote:
> Unfortunately Bill Gates has far too much money for Xbox to go extinct
> like dreamcast, so i guess its going its going to be around for a
> while.
> P.s Im not taking the p**s, im simply expressing my views as a gamer.
> And i just dont like the cube, dont u listen, i have a ps2 a cube and
> a PC okay, so im not that biased, i just think cube is better OK.
> And Yes Mario is older.
Dont you think that you are rushing in to somthing you dont no about, how do you know it is going to go round in circles the companys havent released their figures yet.
Mon 20/05/02 at 21:16
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
What you mean you'd actually listen ? When someone is looking at something with hate tinted glasses theres little point in wasting the time to post reasons you should consider it. Hell, why should we care if you miss out ? We bought the X-Box and have plenty to look forward to, if you want to stamp your feet and whinge you go ahead.
Mon 20/05/02 at 21:04
If its that good then why not convince me to sell my ps2 and buy an xbox, come on, im not impressed so far...
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:58
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Xbox isn't that bad!
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:56
Unfortunately Bill Gates has far too much money for Xbox to go extinct like dreamcast, so i guess its going its going to be around for a while.
P.s Im not taking the p**s, im simply expressing my views as a gamer. And i just dont like the cube, dont u listen, i have a ps2 a cube and a PC okay, so im not that biased, i just think cube is better OK.
And Yes Mario is older.
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thing is with Nintendo, all they want to do is live on past glories all the time. They just milk all their existing titles. Ok, so Miyamoto smoked something funny and came up with Pikmin, still doesn't make up for the fact that most of Nintendo's projects are simply remakes of all their old games.

Don't get me wrong, games like F-Zero are great, but common, some new titles would be nice. Rare have a few titles in the pipeline and in a way it seems that Nintendo are going to be relying on them to stay afloat again. If not for Rare and Pokemon, Nintendo would be in deep crap right now. Luckily Pokemon become a craze for a short time which helped big time and Rare was pushing quality titles out such as Perfect Dark and Goldeneye.

I own a Gamecube because I want to play things like F-Zero, but I sure as hell wouldn't own that console alone as I just don't see enough coming out for it.

And yes the X-Box is trying to take new steps in gaming because it allows companies to make games that add elements like character aging along with things you do having an effect on the world around you later on. You could injure someone and when you see them later, they could have a scar. A lot of things are small detail, but they add a lot to a game.

Halo for instance, bodies, bullet holes, blood, etc stay where they are rather than disappear. This can really add to the battles when your able to see the carnage around you as you fight. Project Ego in particular is looking amazing and although a good number of X-Box games will appear on PC, X-Box owners can play versions that won't crash all the time and god knows what - thats what I hate about PC games.

Nintendo's home grown titles might be exclusive, but overall, take the improved graphics away and your left with a game you've played on every other Nintendo system before the Gamecube. And whats all this crap about X-Box not being a true game system. Thats bullcrap Ninty talk based on the fact it hasn't got a DVD player built into it, so an excuse has to be made to make up for it.

Having a DVD player built in doesn't make the X-Box any less of a games console than the Gamecube. If anything its more of a console than the GC because things have been put inside it to help games companies add extra details to their games and make them that bit more special. I've heard Ninties going on about how unlike the X-Box and PS2, Nintendo games are based on "fun". So far, every Gamecube game I've played has just wound me up, I'm not having fun most of the time, I'm not being entertained by the games, I'm getting frustrated with them.
There are X-Box games such as DOA3 that have got to me a little at points, but nowhere near the level the Nintendo games have. A lot of moments feel like they're achieved more by luck than judgement (i.e. Monkey Ball's mini games).

With Halo, whenever I got white washed I knew I had to change my tactics, I never got frustrated with it, I was enjoying the battles and felt enthusiastic in trying to improve. Goatboy has posted a topic in FOG called "Stupid Monkey Ball" which pretty much backs up what I'm saying.

After getting frustrated with the Nintendo games theres only so many times I can keep trying again before I'm looking for reasons to not beat the living hell out of it (maybe the reason it has a handle is beginning to show). I end up getting fed up with it and I don't want to feel like this with something thats cost £40 on the same day I bought it.
Microsoft must be doing something right because I feel challenged and I have plenty to do in a game, but theres never been a point where I've just been put off playing for ages. The Gamecube puts me in this mood regularly - Hardly what I call "fun".
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:16
> I think we should all just accept that each console has games. Not if
> they're good or not, but just games.
>
> However.
>
> In my opinion Zelda/Mario are both great games - but I don't like
> them. Do you understand, I don't like how they play/look/feel etc -
> but I don't make fun of them. I understand how good they are, and by
> saying "are far far far superior to anything else ever made"
> it shows how immature you are.
>
> Why don't we all just say each console has good games, and go home for
> bed?

Yeah. Just cos u hav got a different console dosen't mean that u have to go around taking the p**s out of everyone elses. Different people like different consoles+games. (p.s I have heard nothing about Doom for XBox and buy practically every XBox mag I see!)
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:05
Regular
How old is Doom? - Not as old as Mario.
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:01
whos to say a 'fanboy' started this page. actually im a girl so get it right OK??
OK sorry for being a t**t its just my opinion, its what these forums are for, sorry if i upset everyone. OK i do admit i do like one game and that is Munchs odysee. OK?? does that make everyone happy..?
And yes I have played on it,but still think Cube is better ok? Maybe not so many original games coming out yet but i heard doom 3 coming to xbox, how old is DOOM everybody?? Yes ages old, so u cant say ure console has many sequels coming to it too. Plus i already have a ps2 which already is getting most of the release titles u have so no point buying a xbox is there??
Sun 19/05/02 at 21:20
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Xbox cannot stink not with games like halo and amped!!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.