GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Medal Of Honor Frontline - 98%"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/05/02 at 16:20
Regular
In the latest play magazine Medal of Honor Frontlne received 98%

Bear this in mind with:

Metal gear 2 - 81%
Final fantasy 10 - 94%
Pro evolution Soccer - 97%
Grand theft Auto 3 - 98%

It seems this could be an excellent title, seeing it is the joint top game that they have ever reviewed. i wasn't too sure, but here's my motive to buy it.

*Insert Medal into the search box, locate frontline and click 'Pre-Order now!*
Fri 31/05/02 at 18:45
Regular
"¬_¬"
Hmm. It isn't that great. Edge (which is the only magazine whose scores I use to justify gaming purchases [they're multiformat and critcal ie. unbiase]) gave the following scores:

Medal of Honor Frontline - 5/10
"FPS fans will still enjoy the ride but in terms of pure gameplay mechanics this is a very rusty clockwork toy."

Metal Gear Solid 2 - 8/10

"Admittedly at times MGS2 feels as though it would be much happier being a film, yet that doesn't stop it being a remarkably rewarding stealth-based videogame for the most part. And a decidedly distinctive affair to boot."

Final Fantasy 10 - 6/10

"It's a matter of perspective, devout Square followers will spend 40, 50 hours inside FFX's Spira, and hail it as the tenth coming, when all Edge sees is another bloated false prophet come to steal away your time. But poor scripting aside, the question's still worth asking. If enough people worship something, does it matter how worthy it is? Edge's opinion: yes, it does, and ignore the acolytes. Some idols aren't worth building religions around."

Pro Evo - 9/10

(don't have the issue - got it from the 100 most significant reviews issue)

GTA3 - 8/10 (there was a misprint in the magazine which gave it 6/10, but in a later issue this was rectified)

"While the coherent and emergent behaviour of the city is limited to a local scale, GTA3 definitely gets one crucial thing right: it's all about owning the streets, strutting your territory and walking tall."

While the quotes were just there to give Edge's opinion, I feel that many magazines overrate games as a whole. Edge gives a 5/10 as average, not a 7/10, and rarely do games get 8 or 9's, and only ever have four games gotten a 10/10 (Super Mario 64, Zelda: OOT, Gran Turismo and Halo). I think that Play magazine overrates games - 98% is one heck of a lot. I'm not going to buy MOH:F because its fairly controversial - many PS2-specific magazines rate it much higher than Edge. Its also the case with FF10, achieving 90%+ scores in PSM2, Play, PlayNation, Official UK PS2. I think Edge's review was very good (perhaps a 7/10 would have been better).

98% for Medal Of Honor Frontline is taking the p!ss a bit - the demo is crap and I think its quite a poor game. An 88% would have been understandable considering it is a single format mag, but Play have been known to overrate games...
Fri 31/05/02 at 16:37
Regular
I dunno how greta it will be actually, the demo is rock hard and I don't want to keep dying, i wanna play sans cheating.

Although i'll admit that when I play each time Im pick away at a bit more of the level so actually it could have a good learning curve.

We'll see.
Thu 30/05/02 at 16:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
fosbe wrote:
> Is medal of honour the world war 11 game, cuz i read a review and they
> said it was top notch, or am i talking about the wrong game?

World War 11!!!! Yikes I didn't know there was a world war 3, let alone another 8. But it is a top notch game, you can't go far wrobg with it.
Thu 30/05/02 at 16:12
Regular
World war 11?

Maybe i've been a little too hooked on FFX recently....
Tue 28/05/02 at 20:27
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Is medal of honour the world war 11 game, cuz i read a review and they said it was top notch, or am i talking about the wrong game?
Tue 28/05/02 at 19:55
Regular
"round the outside"
i think it doesnt look really any good!
Tue 28/05/02 at 19:53
If you've read a review, and though it was wrong or tried a cheat to find it doesnt work? if you have, tell the person who posted it what you think. post there nickname on here and write what they've done to annoy you (go to pc gaming then to arguments). Keep it clean though. We dont want any name calling! Check this thing regularly to see if your on there, and stand up for yourself!
Tue 28/05/02 at 19:51
Regular
yay! just pre-ordered it, should come through the post on the 8th
Tue 28/05/02 at 18:47
Regular
yeh i didnt like the time limit on the demo
Tue 28/05/02 at 16:50
Regular
The demo is pretty tough actually.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.