GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spamming must stop"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 11:02
Regular
I've been alerted to the amount of spamming going on in these forums, and I'd like it to stop, immediately. It really is quite pointless posting meaningless words over and over again, and people who replay, just quoting the message are just as bad. I know the Longest Thread is just a bit of fun, but people have complained that the spamming is getting too much, so quit it.

People like KR, big_slow and Timmy have all boosted their word count significantly in this manner, while other people work hard writing good posts and don't even get on the list because it's filled with spammers. If it continues, we won't hesitate in banning the offending spammer, as it just wastes our time, your time and everyone elses time too.

Stop it. Thanks.

Ali
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:39
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
KR wrote:
>i wont be spamming any more

Yeah ok, I think most people here will believe it when your name drops from top poster.....sorry but I just don't see that happening.

>(not that i did loads any way)

Sorry but that statement has to be the biggest load of **** I've seen all year! Tread carefully my fellow forum user, statements like will not go down to kindly with the staff, I think the warning from Ali was enough and I don't think you really need to take the p*** out of him.
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:32
Regular
i like the yellow and red card idea, i wont be spamming any more (not that i did loads any way) but i aint sure about big slow.
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:19
I'm sorry. I really didn't realise that spamming in the WLT actually annoyed people other than phillip. When I complained about KR, people said he did spam but in WLT and that was really what it was for.

I'll stop now.
Thu 16/05/02 at 17:54
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I think Natbuc's idea lower down is actually pretty good. Post it in bugs forum, Nath!
Thu 16/05/02 at 17:51
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Finnaly! KR and all of them could be banned!

Keep it up!
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:36
Regular
Yeah, a new top poster would be great.
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Does Big_slow take the pi$s or what? The amount of spam hes put on the PS2's longest thread is unbeliveble. I bet half of the 40 odd thoudand replies on that thread are from him talking to himself.
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Asher D wrote:
> Heh, KR's in for a banning...

No I don't think he is, it all depends on how he and big_slow, TimmyM etc act over the next couple of days although if they carry on like they did last night then yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see a few top poster names removed from the list.
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:08
Regular
Heh, KR's in for a banning...
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:30
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Well I'm glad to Ali has not only removed the post but actually deleted it past the point of putting an * in it's place.....hehe Ali looks like he means business......at last maybe we might see some changes in here?

There is an alternative, SR could stop people from joining the forums for say a month or longer.....I dunno maybe on the basis that they've got problems with their servers and that they can't accept people joining.

I know that's going to be unfair to those people who are genuinely going to sign up and will actually be posting some good stuff but perhaps that maybe the only way to disuade the n00bs and spammers from coming back?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.