GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spamming must stop"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 11:02
Regular
I've been alerted to the amount of spamming going on in these forums, and I'd like it to stop, immediately. It really is quite pointless posting meaningless words over and over again, and people who replay, just quoting the message are just as bad. I know the Longest Thread is just a bit of fun, but people have complained that the spamming is getting too much, so quit it.

People like KR, big_slow and Timmy have all boosted their word count significantly in this manner, while other people work hard writing good posts and don't even get on the list because it's filled with spammers. If it continues, we won't hesitate in banning the offending spammer, as it just wastes our time, your time and everyone elses time too.

Stop it. Thanks.

Ali
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:18
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Maybe one day !
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:05
nh wrote:
> Yes I reported as soon as I saw it. It seems like he is going around
> doing rubbish stuff in all the forums now. What gets into these dorks
> ?

Puberty?
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:01
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Yes I reported as soon as I saw it. It seems like he is going around doing rubbish stuff in all the forums now. What gets into these dorks ?
Thu 16/05/02 at 13:38
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I take it that that stupid post has been reported?

Just wondered why it hasn't been removed, oh and Ali will be mightily impressed with that response.
Thu 16/05/02 at 13:16
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
There is a classic example of somebody being a total pratt in here - we all know who it is (asterix, grappo, Chainsaw) so why cant you remove him permanantly.
Thu 16/05/02 at 13:06
Regular
"  "
I aint joking here...i am being seriouse with what i'm gonna say.....why dont u issue like yellow and red cards. So if you get a yellow u have been warned! be bad again and u will get a second yellow! then your banned. Or if ya commit a seriouse offence like filling a whole thread with 'I am gay, what r u! I am gay what r u!' coz that is just so annoying then u cud give them a straight red card. I thought this wud be gud what with the world cup and all that and it would also maybe make the spammer think and realise that he shud not do bad. Also it wud let other people see who r spammers (but we already know) so we try not to speak to them and they will feel neglected and try and join in by being good. Also maybe if there good over a certain time then they get there yellow card taken off them. What do u think?
Thu 16/05/02 at 12:19
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The longest thread during the day is fine for chatting. It just really annoyed me last night when timmyM copied everything from the page and posted it, the big_slow quoted the message. He then worte all numbers from 1 - 20 in seperate posts! And surely if they were banned, they could sign up again, but their member no. would be stored and they couldnt win GAD anymore unless they got a new membership.
Thu 16/05/02 at 12:07
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
(sorry about the accidental double post)
Thu 16/05/02 at 12:06
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
At last! some positive feedback on the spamming situation in the Sony forum. This is a tried old arguent which we thought would never get attention.

firstly why not have a similar thing to FOG? - Prime + Chat, with strict rules on the chat section, (i.e. warnings/bans if the chat is anything pointless)

Secondly delete the Longest thread, I know its a good place for people to just come and chat, but honestly some people just go in there to copy and past the top posters section aswell as pointless one word posts which just boosts their word count.

If the thread aint there thn this wont happen, or you could simply ban the people who are spamming from the forum or just the longest thread to see if that helps.

By the way thanks for addressing the situation Ali, some of us are getting tired of this and the most of the good posters have posted very little recently because of the lack of feedback they get or the good post is turned into a spam topic by some fool and the attention 'idiotic posts' get.
Thu 16/05/02 at 12:00
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Finally some positive feedback on the spamming situation in the Sony forum. This is a tried old arguent which we thought would never get attention.

Here are some ideas,

firstly why not have a similar thing to FOG? - Prime + Chat

Secondly delete the Longest thread, I know its a good place for people to just come and chat, but honestly some people just

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.