GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spamming must stop"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 11:02
Regular
I've been alerted to the amount of spamming going on in these forums, and I'd like it to stop, immediately. It really is quite pointless posting meaningless words over and over again, and people who replay, just quoting the message are just as bad. I know the Longest Thread is just a bit of fun, but people have complained that the spamming is getting too much, so quit it.

People like KR, big_slow and Timmy have all boosted their word count significantly in this manner, while other people work hard writing good posts and don't even get on the list because it's filled with spammers. If it continues, we won't hesitate in banning the offending spammer, as it just wastes our time, your time and everyone elses time too.

Stop it. Thanks.

Ali
Tue 21/05/02 at 18:35
Regular
Stryke wrote:
I know KR is a good poster

why thank you :D
Tue 21/05/02 at 18:20
Regular
"  "
The Iron Monkey wrote:
> What is classed as SPAMing anyway?

Basically spamming is when someone posts a single post, or a whole string of posts that are totally irrelvant. This can be abusive, a load of jumbled up nonsence, or plain stupidity. It takes up SR's space, puts decent threads right at the bottom of the pile, and generally annoys people. So dont do it. Please.
Tue 21/05/02 at 18:14
Regular
heh big slow you cheeky git
Tue 21/05/02 at 17:24
What is classed as SPAMing anyway?
Tue 21/05/02 at 12:53
Regular
"That's right!"
Finally, something is being done about big_slow

I'm normally a very relaxed person, and no ammount of spamming could annoy me... but big_slow's constant replying to his own messages just made me sick (no, not literally)
Tue 21/05/02 at 12:12
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Good comments, I was just waiting for a backlash like this.

Big Slow even in that speech you gave there is an element of sarcasm..
and what were your excuses for spamming?

>sorry for all the spamming and double sorry for just doing it, but you >cant bann me because i hadnt read this then okay?

>i also can assure you all i will not be spamming because SR didnt publish >the top posters in the last SR mag, which made me very mad.

How gullable do you think people on this forum are? Twe all know the reasons for it are that your trying to get your posts/word count up to be high on SR's list.

You must understand that most of the member's on here are ready 'report your posts at any given time'

and as devo says 'get over it'...

you are still a part of this forum, just. Therefore keep it that way, get rid of the silly comments where you just seem to talk to yourself, I mean how pointless and silly is that?

You will have to change your ways and build up people's trust in you.
Tue 21/05/02 at 09:47
You can't say you can't be banned because you hadn't read this thread. Various people (including myself) suggested/told you stop it. So it's not as if you weren't aware. We weren't doing it for fun - it annoys other posters, it annoys SR, and it's a good way to get yourself banned. I can't speak for SR, but I'm sure if you keep to your word you'll be able to carry on posting. Personally I was just surprised that you didn't seem to realise how utterly pointless it was.

Putting in comments like you are angry at SR for not putting in the top posters list in their mag won't do you any favours. It's up to them what they put in the mag, they don't have any liability to me, you, or any other posters. As for being angry about being mentioned in 40% of the posts, well, it was you who was spamming. You were told by people (sometimes reasonably and sometimes forceably) to quit it, and you ignored them. In life, being ignorant of rules and laws isn't an excuse for breaking them. The same applies here. Just get over it.
Tue 21/05/02 at 09:46
Regular
"  "
Your telling me. U ought to read the longest thread. You get messages like,

"I am going to clean my teeth, be back in ten mins"
"I'm going to be boring now, see you in 5 hours"
"Hi, monkeys rule"

Do you really think sr is your personal diary!?!?!?

And big_slow, no i'm not bothered u got a leather sofa yeasterday.
Tue 21/05/02 at 09:42
Regular
God, some of you are pathetic. Big_Slow, in particular. I know KR is a good poster, but he still spams. big_slow, on the other hand, is just rubbish.
Tue 21/05/02 at 09:30
Regular
"  "
big_slow wrote:
> *kisses everybodies shoes apart from kr's and walks off*

Monkeys dont wear shoes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.