GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spamming must stop"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 11:02
Regular
I've been alerted to the amount of spamming going on in these forums, and I'd like it to stop, immediately. It really is quite pointless posting meaningless words over and over again, and people who replay, just quoting the message are just as bad. I know the Longest Thread is just a bit of fun, but people have complained that the spamming is getting too much, so quit it.

People like KR, big_slow and Timmy have all boosted their word count significantly in this manner, while other people work hard writing good posts and don't even get on the list because it's filled with spammers. If it continues, we won't hesitate in banning the offending spammer, as it just wastes our time, your time and everyone elses time too.

Stop it. Thanks.

Ali
Thu 23/05/02 at 20:06
I'm sure Ali has a sense of humor, and it is my first offence and all...
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:45
Regular
yes but not when the topic was made by a staf member who has a banning button
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:30
well... spamming on an antispaming thread - It just kinda had to be done really.
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:28
Regular
yes that was spam but why did you do it?
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:03
that was a spam
;P
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:03
> Sh*t, was that spam?

No
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:00
Regular
thanks for that Asterix :D
Thu 23/05/02 at 11:59
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
KR can be a good poster when he wants to be. It's just that he spams with it as well. I s'pose you gotta take the bad with good, nah, actually just ban them all. :)
Thu 23/05/02 at 11:21
You're banned mate! ;-)

Let's face it, if this wasn't a forum, and a real conversation, people would be backing away slowly from big_slow, making sure that sharp implements were well out of his reach. No offence to big_slow there, just that everyone would think he was mental talking to himself like that!
Wed 22/05/02 at 22:46
Regular
".......on the attac"
The Iron Monkey wrote:
> You lot really need to lighten up, it's just a chat forum for gods
> sake.

Here, here.

Sh*t, was that spam?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.