GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spamming must stop"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 11:02
Regular
I've been alerted to the amount of spamming going on in these forums, and I'd like it to stop, immediately. It really is quite pointless posting meaningless words over and over again, and people who replay, just quoting the message are just as bad. I know the Longest Thread is just a bit of fun, but people have complained that the spamming is getting too much, so quit it.

People like KR, big_slow and Timmy have all boosted their word count significantly in this manner, while other people work hard writing good posts and don't even get on the list because it's filled with spammers. If it continues, we won't hesitate in banning the offending spammer, as it just wastes our time, your time and everyone elses time too.

Stop it. Thanks.

Ali
Thu 30/05/02 at 21:32
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
WOO HOO!
Another topic for all of you to spam in. Excellent.

Ironic really
Thu 30/05/02 at 19:46
Regular
I thought you had got lost some where, at least you cant spam the Longest thread now.
Thu 30/05/02 at 17:51
hehe i have not spammed for 13 days, these pills are really working. and it seems i only like about 4 people in the ps2 thread now.
Thu 30/05/02 at 17:39
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Your telling me. U ought to read the longest thread. You get messages
> like,
>
> "I am going to clean my teeth, be back in ten mins"
> "I'm going to be boring now, see you in 5 hours"
> "Hi, monkeys rule"
>
> Do you really think sr is your personal diary!?!?!?
>
> And big_slow, no i'm not bothered u got a leather sofa yeasterday.

i have not ever said one ofthose things above. and dont diss the sofas.
Thu 30/05/02 at 17:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Finally.

A notable that looks like he cares.

:D
Thu 30/05/02 at 14:16
"High polygon count"
Rosalind wrote:
> Can you explain to me EXACTLY whay you consider spamming to be so that I
> don't commit a great offence and incur your wrath? Thankyou

The odd pointless topic now and again is not a problem - we all do it. Several on the same day is.

Basically, before posting, just think to yourself:

a) Is it Sony/PlayStation related.

b) Will people gain anything from it.

Posting a topic "PlayStation rules" and saying "I think PlayStation is the best. If you agree say so here" is spam. It may be PlayStation related, but this is the Sony forum. 99% of the people wouldn't be here if they didn't already agree.

Basically if it's just nonsense, stick it in the Longest Thread and don't start a new thread for it.

Generally, you shouldn't start a new topic unless you have something to say that isn't covered elsewhere, or you have a question to ask which may be overlooked if posted in another thread.

You should really make the effort of looking through two or three pages of recent threads (titles only, of course) to see if there's been a recent thread that's obviously about the subject you want to discuss. Otherwise you may be repeating what has already been said, when you could be adding worthwhile opinions (or not!) to an already lively discussion.

It is also unwise to start any more than one or two topics at more or less the same time - especially if they are just short comments, statements or questions. Whenever possible, combine such things into one general post. They may be valid topics, but people also get irate if someone posts multiple topics at the same time and knocks other active and interesting threads a long way down the page.

Just use some common sense (with some decent spelling and grammar!) and you won't go far wrong.
Thu 30/05/02 at 12:47
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Rosalind wrote:
> Can you explain to me EXACTLY whay you consider spamming to be so that
> I don't commit a great offence and incur your wrath? Thankyou

Writing anything that nobody else will benefit by except yourself = spamming
Thu 30/05/02 at 12:35
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Can you explain to me EXACTLY whay you consider spamming to be so that I don't commit a great offence and incur your wrath? Thankyou
Thu 30/05/02 at 09:40
"High polygon count"
Just read Triple_H's post, and I thought I'd pop this as a gentle reminder.

Just because it drops off the first page, doesn't mean it doesn't apply any more.

Remember that, or we'll sort you out good and proper!
Thu 23/05/02 at 23:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Gah!

Stop spamming you... spamming... errr.... spammers.

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.