GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Inflated prices"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 20:46
Regular
y r games so expensive when cds r 10p to make each but new games are £30 each i say that that much profit is a sick way to get money take bill gates windows xp over £100 i don't now how he can sleep at night
Fri 24/05/02 at 22:32
k lets sort this out like adults and something will work out i'm sure this cat topic is about inflated prices not insults maybe if we are nice we might win come on
Sat 25/05/02 at 00:03
"Darkness, always"
Eses wrote:
> k lets sort this out like adults and something will work out i'm sure
> this cat topic is about inflated prices not insults maybe if we are
> nice we might win come on

the topic was resolved some time ago. The price of PC games is fully justified, plus it's cheaper than most consoles, so you have nothing to winge about
Sat 25/05/02 at 10:12
no but cosoles become out dated but pc do not because you can update them you see so why so pirices high
Sat 25/05/02 at 11:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yes it does cost a very little to print games onto CD's, but thats just manufacturing. Its not the cd's we pay for, but the software thats printed on them, this software can take years to make at the cost of time and money, sometimes ranging in the millions. Developers have to make a profit to make up for the time and money thay have spent on making the software, which is why it costs in the region of £30-£40 a game.
Sat 25/05/02 at 19:26
com on cirpo u are a regular i'm just a newbie u don't need to prove it and u have one to gameadays haven't you ur probly the best winner i have talked or should i say typed to on this
Sat 25/05/02 at 19:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
My comment wasn't directed to you as a newbie, I was mearly answering the question you first posted. If you're worried about me winning a GAD from one of my posts, then don't. The two games I've won have been from reviews, I've never won one from a post.
Sun 26/05/02 at 20:18
thanxx for the advice ur cool cirpo
Sun 26/05/02 at 21:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Oh, cheers. One of the most impressive winners I've ever talked to is Vottanator. Hes managed to bag 12 games from Gameaday, an impressive amount. I would also suggest if you're looking to win, then it may be easier writing a review than a post. Winning with posts is extremely hard.
Mon 27/05/02 at 10:06
"Darkness, always"
Eses wrote:
> no but cosoles become out dated but pc do not because you can update
> them you see so why so pirices high

Oh come on. Think about what you're saying. Average console price: £200. Average console game price: £40. This makes games 1/5 of the price of the console itself. Once you've bought 5 games, you could have bought the console AGAIN.

Average PC price: £1200
Average PC game price: £25
This makes games 1/45 of the price of the PC itself. So you pay a massively smaller price proportionally for a greater quality of game.

You have absolutely nothing to complain about.
Mon 27/05/02 at 10:17
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Little Hobbo wrote:
> Surely at least on sentence sticks out there.
> 'people respect you if you if you do'
>
> Go figure
>
> And that is supposed to make sense and resolve the issue how exactly
>
> What I love here is that no matter what inane crap I type down, you'll
> always come up with some equally drivel ridden answer. You read like
> an open book.

If that is true, then ditto and likewise, meaning that you too are included in exactly the same boat. But I think you'll agree that you talk a lot more drivel and crap than I do. Well actually, no, you won't agree, but everyone else will. :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.