GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Would you consider this geeky?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 15:34
Regular
A group of four-six 17 year olds, once a week, learn how to fight with latex swords at "Weapons training". They have spent money on crossbows/ latex swords/ chainmail / and shields etc..

The same group of 17 year olds plan to go to a "Live Role Play" in the summer for four days.

In this "Live Role Play" they roleplay as dwarves/swordsman etc.. in a big open field with woods and lots of empty space with some other people who are also roleplaying. They camp out during these four days and don't get much sleep because other people roleplaying come and hit them with their latex swords. Everyone looks ridiculous in their chainmail with their latex swords and just hit people. One person will be prancing around "healing" people who have been hit with latex swords and are lying on the floor counting to 30, pretending to be dead.

Then at the end, all the ridiculous looking people in chainmail with latex swords meet and hit each other with latex swords. Oh and fire crossbows at each other.

So is that geeky or not? I thought it was, but apparently according to them it isn't. After all they apparently during these four days get "very" drunk.
Mon 13/05/02 at 21:59
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
savatt1668 wrote:
> Can imagine those nerds walking into a shop dressed in those stupid
> outfits "We want 30 pints of Beer !!!".
>
> "Think you've bloody had enough mate".
rofl
you are really cracking me up today. :)
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:44
Regular
It wasn't me. Honestly.

I'm not that sad. I just talk about pixies.
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:39
Regular
Mr. Chainsaw wrote:
> KR wrote:
> yes but there was no need to do all the stuff you did.
>
> KR digs up the past .. . .. . again

why not?
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Can imagine those nerds walking into a shop dressed in those stupid outfits "We want 30 pints of Beer !!!".

"Think you've bloody had enough mate".
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:04
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Don't give up your day job mate. Do you really think those mongs are employed ? Who the hell would take someone on after looking at their C.V and finding out that they are King GeekThor of Dripping on weekends ??
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:04
KR wrote:
> yes but there was no need to do all the stuff you did.

KR digs up the past .. . .. . again
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:02
Regular
yes but there was no need to do all the stuff you did.
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:00
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
savatt1668 wrote:
> They could at least make it a little realistic. If someone is hit
> with a fire spell, they should then be covered in petrol and have a
> lit match thrown at them. No need for stupid dice or any of that crap
> - you'll soon know if it hit them.
>
> Bet if you put a girl in front of them, every single last one would
> need an instruction book on what to do. Stupid plebs would probably
> beat her around the head with their latex "weapons".

rofl
Mon 13/05/02 at 19:57
"Mimmargh!"
This is the funniest and most downright bizarre post I had read in a week!
Seriously, if I saw people doing that I would stand at the side and shout out ''NERDS!'' then run of giggling.

Or even better, I would tell them I am the wallet inspector (Snake in Simpsons) and as they naturally have no contact with the real world they would oblige....I could make a living out of this...
Mon 13/05/02 at 19:56
well there was no need to swear at me

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.