GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Would you consider this geeky?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 15:34
Regular
A group of four-six 17 year olds, once a week, learn how to fight with latex swords at "Weapons training". They have spent money on crossbows/ latex swords/ chainmail / and shields etc..

The same group of 17 year olds plan to go to a "Live Role Play" in the summer for four days.

In this "Live Role Play" they roleplay as dwarves/swordsman etc.. in a big open field with woods and lots of empty space with some other people who are also roleplaying. They camp out during these four days and don't get much sleep because other people roleplaying come and hit them with their latex swords. Everyone looks ridiculous in their chainmail with their latex swords and just hit people. One person will be prancing around "healing" people who have been hit with latex swords and are lying on the floor counting to 30, pretending to be dead.

Then at the end, all the ridiculous looking people in chainmail with latex swords meet and hit each other with latex swords. Oh and fire crossbows at each other.

So is that geeky or not? I thought it was, but apparently according to them it isn't. After all they apparently during these four days get "very" drunk.
Mon 13/05/02 at 17:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Oh my... My brother, to my eternal shame, used to do this. It's at Chiselhurst, right? He used to dress up like a 'mage', and run around hitting Orcs over the head with his latex sword, shouting 'Quad, Quad, Treble'.

Yes, I would consider this the epitome of geekiness.
Mon 13/05/02 at 17:35
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Very geeky. But it would be fun to go there with a baseball bat, beat them and then watch the "medic" prance around trying to revive them.

A real baseball bat that is, not that latex crap.
Mon 13/05/02 at 17:23
Regular
I bet they are all trecky's :), and i guarantee they are all stereo-typical computer nurds (like most of us).

c.b.
Mon 13/05/02 at 16:21
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> "Would you consider this geeky?"
>
> No, but I would consider revising geeky...
>
> *cough* Rakuga revises for exams *cough*

Whats wrong with revising. Some people can take in all information first time, I have to look at it again and again to get it. It's not exactly long of my whole life doing some revision. Only a few weeks.

I'll remember to throw a penny at you when I see you in the streets.
*cough*Mojo fails all his exams*cough*
Mon 13/05/02 at 16:10
Regular
"That's right!"
"Would you consider this geeky?"

No, but I would consider revising geeky...

*cough* Rakuga revises for exams *cough*
Mon 13/05/02 at 15:49
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Goatboy wrote:
> Geeks + Latex Swords + beer = Drunk Geeks with Latex Swords.
>
> It's Nerdsville, however many bottles of Diamond White they steal from
> Lidl.
That's what I thought, but to be honest most of them aren't the drinking type people...
Mon 13/05/02 at 15:37
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Rakuga wrote:

...I thought it was, but apparently according to
> them it isn't...

#in French accent#
Well, everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home...
Mon 13/05/02 at 15:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Geeks + Latex Swords + beer = Drunk Geeks with Latex Swords.

It's Nerdsville, however many bottles of Diamond White they steal from Lidl.
Mon 13/05/02 at 15:34
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
A group of four-six 17 year olds, once a week, learn how to fight with latex swords at "Weapons training". They have spent money on crossbows/ latex swords/ chainmail / and shields etc..

The same group of 17 year olds plan to go to a "Live Role Play" in the summer for four days.

In this "Live Role Play" they roleplay as dwarves/swordsman etc.. in a big open field with woods and lots of empty space with some other people who are also roleplaying. They camp out during these four days and don't get much sleep because other people roleplaying come and hit them with their latex swords. Everyone looks ridiculous in their chainmail with their latex swords and just hit people. One person will be prancing around "healing" people who have been hit with latex swords and are lying on the floor counting to 30, pretending to be dead.

Then at the end, all the ridiculous looking people in chainmail with latex swords meet and hit each other with latex swords. Oh and fire crossbows at each other.

So is that geeky or not? I thought it was, but apparently according to them it isn't. After all they apparently during these four days get "very" drunk.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.