GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soldier of Fortune II"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/05/02 at 15:47
Regular
Anyone played the test version? What did you think?
Theres so much action in this its addictive! Ive been playing it all day ... must stop...

Whats the release date for the UK, anyone know?
Sat 06/07/02 at 20:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Stone Cold, the problem you describe sounds like it's because of you graphics card, and not your RAM. RAM does improve things such as loading times and how high you can scale you graphics options, but it's the 3D card, which would cause the problem you describe. I would suggest upgrading your 3D card, but that aint going to be cheap, still I think you'll notice a vast improvement if you do decide to replace your existing graphics card.

Yogi, kill all the soldiers on the roof of the hospital, then go and hide somewhere where the osprey (helicopter, airplane) can't shoot you. To defeat the craft you have to keep on shooting the osprey's engines where the rotor blades are. It takes a while, but keep shooting until each one sets on fire, and it'll give up and fly away. There's also a M60 machine gun near the helipad, destroy the Arial near the helipad and it falls onto a chain link fence. Climb through here and you'll find the M60 and a ton of ammo for your M1a4 rifle.

Hope this helps.
Sat 06/07/02 at 19:30
Regular
Help!
Can anyone tell me how to complete the hospital roof, I,ve killed all the enemy except the helicopter and can,t get any further?
Sat 06/07/02 at 18:24
I really need hep on this game. Not gamewise, but with the graphics. All the objects in the distance, not even that far away, appear bright white. It just absoloutely ruins the game, it sickens me. Today I went out and got my computer upgraded to 384MB of RAM, but no improvement. (Waste of £40). Is anyone having a similar problem, and if they are, please help me!!

Cheers
Fri 05/07/02 at 11:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
You can also throw the knifes into the enemies, throwing one into an enemy guards back or head will bring them down immediately. If you miss however, and hit a region such as their leg, they will limp off and raise the alarm failing the mission. So you have to be correct when aiming with the knife to throw it.

Also don't forget to move any bodies, which you think, may be discovered by another guard, if they do manage to find a dead body, then they will again raise the alarm and end the mission. Just stick with either of the suggested ways of tackling this mission, and you should get through it no problem.
Fri 05/07/02 at 09:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Aliboy is correct.
Stab them in the head and they make no sound, cut their throats and they gurgle and you get caught
Thu 04/07/02 at 17:54
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
You are going along the right lines with the knife. You can kill them instantly with hte knife if you cut them on the side of the head. You have to go around to the back/side of the guard and cut their head and they will die without the alarm going off.
Thu 04/07/02 at 08:29
Goatboy wrote:
> I am now back at The Shop with the Prometheus mob taking over.
> I fear this is the last level.
>
> Which sucks as I've thoroughly enjoyed playing this.

hi i am new to this game, i am stuck at the train station, i have to get to the signal box, and have to jump down to the floor then go past a guard, into the open doorway, but i cannot get past him, if i use the knife the game ends, then i have to start again, how can i get past these guards thanks, scouser, please send to, [email protected] cheers
Thu 04/07/02 at 08:28
Goatboy wrote:
> I am now back at The Shop with the Prometheus mob taking over.
> I fear this is the last level.
>
> Which sucks as I've thoroughly enjoyed playing this.

hi i am new to this game, i am stuck at the train station, i have to get to the signal box, and have to jump down to the floor then go past a guard, into the open doorway, but i cannot get past him, if i use the knife the game ends, then i have to start again, how can i get past these guards thanks, scouser
Wed 19/06/02 at 23:27
"High polygon count"
The Jocks Rule wrote:
> can you tell me where to get the demo.

We're playing the full version, but you canget the demo here:

http://www.sof2files.com/file.info?2776
Wed 19/06/02 at 22:30
can you tell me where to get the demo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.