GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have to say you Nintys really are sad"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 22:44
Regular
Within 2 days, we've had topics on the GameCube demo disc, the DVDs that come with the magazines, multiple ones on the controller, complete "reviews", thousands on what games to get, someone's even written something about the startup screen and how nicely the sodding disc pops out of the cases! Oh, and guess what? Everything's better than anything seen ever before!

What a surprise!

Jesus, get a life you sad geeks. I make no attempt to hide my geekism, but you losers really are the limit! Get a life! It's only a games console, you don't need to let the world know how the little nice in the casing 62mm left and 47mm below the bottom right corner of the underside of the console has the perfect contour for hold mini-eggs. Do, please, stop the utter foolishness now, before I get angry.
Mon 06/05/02 at 19:18
Regular
Protoss wrote:
> Heh, garbe123 quotes a whole paragraph, writes the post twice and
> disregards the PS2 and GameCube in one fell swoop!?
> Lol, I can't believe this! It's now secret that Xbox is doing nowwhere
> near as good as PS2 and by early indicators GameCube.
>
> Anyway who cares? As long as GameCube games come with that nice memory
> card holder lol...
> {;0)

Who cares about sales! Thet are boring, Halo is by far the greatest video-gsme out on any console, RalliSport Challenge and Project Gotham beat any other racer on any other console and although Max Payne is a post it beats any 3rd person shooter on any other console, Max Payne on the PS2 is an inferior joke and it goes to show that the PS2 is generations apart from both the GameCube and X-Box, the GG is a kids console and I have been playing one since last December on import at my friends house and Luigis Mansion is pathetic and I clocked it in under 4 hours, Star Wars is good at first but I was very borded after 30 minutes of play and all the other games are ports! Yes I know, the X-Box has ported a lot but the porst ar brillaint, look at SSX Tricky on the GG, LOL! Have the characters been on one of those wieght losing plans, they look so thin they look Ill! I could go on and on over why the X-BOX is the number 1 console but facts and figures are boring, the release callendar on the X-BOX kills the other 2 without a doubt and this is what matters!

X-Box Forever! X-Box Forever! X-Box Forever! X-Box Forever!
Mon 06/05/02 at 19:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
TimmyM wrote:
> LOL @ the original topic.
>
> Little harsh, no?

You've got to be cruel to be kind.
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:59
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Rob, just because you dont have a GameCube :oP
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:54
LOL @ the original topic.

Little harsh, no?
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:52
Regular
Ant, SSX Tricky and Soul Caliber 2 are coming out for Gamecube.

You know Smackdown:JBI was poor...(or at least a dissapointment) Gamecube will provide us with Wrestlemania X8.

For Jedi Starfighter the Gamecube has Rogue Leader.

For Jak & Daxter we will have the original platforming king Mario back soon. JaK & Daxter never really compared to Conkers bad fur day in my opinion though...

For FPS we will have Timesplitters 2 and Perfect Dark.

SHould be quite a few fighting games as well. VIrtual fighter RPG has been mentioned. Soul Calibur 2, possible Killer Instinct 3, and Bloody Roar Primal Fury is out now.

Sonic 2 also out, which has great multiplayer.

Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil 4 as Exclusives.

Final Fantasy with possible Gameboy advance link-up to come as well...
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:51
Regular
I've heard some people use Pot-Noodles for more than just satisfying their needs.

So much so that there's a Japanese invention to replace the pot-noodle!
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Anyway, I don't know why you lot are getting so wound up about it. Just because you know it's true.

Hmm. This has been a fantastically successful topic. I'm off to go eat a pot noodle now. The food of Gods!
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I made a topic reviewing how cool it was to skip with the controller,
> but nobody cared. :0(

Well, your's was funny :-D
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:36
PS2 is still the best console out there, by far. Anyone who says that MGS2 and FF 10 are the only excellent games on the console is talking a load of crap. Luigi's Mansion was named one of the most disappointing games of last year, and when you take away all the crappy American sports titles and PS2 ports what are you left with? Super Monkey Ball and Roque Leader. Not exactly impressive, so to be honest the launch isn't much better than the PS2 launch.

So what if the GC has a bit more power? Isn't it the Nintys that go on about how graphics aren't very important? You must be contradicting yourself, surely!

I don't mind all this talk about it, but now we're getting people slagging off the PS2 I'm afraid I will have to step in. Until the GC offers games such as MGS2, Max Payne, GT3, FF10, Devil May Cry, SSX Tricky, Pro Evo, GTA3, Deus Ex, Red Faction, Zone Of The Enders, Tekken 4, Soul Caliber, Smackdown 4, Jak and Daxter, Jedi Starfighter, Racer Revenge and many more, then I don't see any reason for me personally to splash out around £200.

PS2 is better at the moment because it offers a much wider variety, at a cheaper price (games-wise.)
Mon 06/05/02 at 18:22
Regular
A WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION.

*ahem*

Everything's gonna be alright.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.