GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have to say you Nintys really are sad"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 22:44
Regular
Within 2 days, we've had topics on the GameCube demo disc, the DVDs that come with the magazines, multiple ones on the controller, complete "reviews", thousands on what games to get, someone's even written something about the startup screen and how nicely the sodding disc pops out of the cases! Oh, and guess what? Everything's better than anything seen ever before!

What a surprise!

Jesus, get a life you sad geeks. I make no attempt to hide my geekism, but you losers really are the limit! Get a life! It's only a games console, you don't need to let the world know how the little nice in the casing 62mm left and 47mm below the bottom right corner of the underside of the console has the perfect contour for hold mini-eggs. Do, please, stop the utter foolishness now, before I get angry.
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:34
Regular
LOL! Each character alone in DOA3 conatined 18 million plygons/per second and where do you get 180 million from try 126 million! Idiot! All ports, LOL! The GG is rubbish and whatever you say isn't going to make me change my mind! Here is the X-BOX line up and I will say port or not! FOOLS! The GG can't port as all of its ports are rubbish, at least the X-BOX makes a decent job of porting! You are so jelous and shut-up with your broing guesses at how many it runs on!

Air Force Delta Storm
Black And White (port)
Bruce Lee: Quest For the Dragon
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Commandos 2 (port)
Conflict Desert Storm
Dead To Rights
Dino Crisis 3
Good Cop Bad Cop
GTA III (port)
Gun Valkyrie
Hitman 2 (port)
House Of The Dead 3
Hunter: The Reckoning
Matrix: Reloaded
Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault (port)
Metal Gear Solid X
Midtown Madness 3
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
Pac Man World 2
Prisoner Of War
Rainbow Six: Raven Shield
Return To Castle Wolfinstien (port)
Serious Sam (port)
Shenmue II (port)
State Of Emergency (port)
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter Special Edition
SWAT: Global Strike Team
Terminator Dawn Of Fate
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (port)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Unreal Championship
X-MEN Wolverines Revenge

That is just this year so far, LOL! Beat that you sad GG players, LOL! I can't wait to see someone beat that list! LOL!
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:31
½pint wrote:
just stick with the
'Everything is better than PS2 argument'. Heh heh ;).

That's a statement I can agree with, I own a Gamecube and my best mate owns an Xbox, both consoles have similar graphics and a great line up of games: Xbox; Halo, Project Gotham, DOA3 etc Gamecube; Luigi's Mansion, Rogue Leader, Wave Race etc.
These 2 consoles are clearly better than the Playstation 2.
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:24
Regular
Gamecube has 20 titles at launch and 50 are promised for by the summer.

Dunno bout you but that is more than enough for me...

I'm only getting 5 games for launch, and I dont expect to get more than another 5/6 before the end of the summer.
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:17
Regular
"¬_¬"
garbe123 wrote:
> LOL, don't get too high and mighty, just remember that the GameCube is
> no where near as good or as powerful as the X-BOX and the release
> callendar on the X-BOX beats both the PS2's and GameCubes put
> together!

Well, in pure specifications the Xbox is better than the GameCube, but...

The GameCube's graphics chip has a load of built in functions, including anti-aliasing, whereas the NVidia graphics chip in the Xbox doesn't, so the machine has to use up valuable memory and speed generating these effects. The results on the Xbox are a drastically reduced polygon count; 180 million polygons/second is ridiculous. With all these effects, its much more likely to be about 10 million.

That said, the GameCube doesn't require bucketloads of memory to generate the graphics, which results in a similar polygon count, possibly more.

I know this is technical jargon, unproved and pretty much meaningless, but the Xbox isn't streaks better than the GameCube. Take Oddworld for example. The character animation is good close up, but fairly ordinary at a distance. There is even fogging, which for a next gen console is a very bad thing. Whereas take lets say, Luigi's Mansion, and the graphics are absolutely sweet. And compare it with the draw distance on four player Wave Race, which has no fogging or drop in framerate, it shows that the GameCube is capable of juggling massive quantities with ease.

And as for the launch line up, I admit that the Xbox's is very large, but the thing is, many of these games are scheduled for the next few months, then there is a massive lack of games thereon. The most likely excuse is that these will be delayed, evening it out a bit. And also, a lot of these games ARE multiformat anyway, so the GameCube will get them too.

That said, I still love the Xbox and GameCube, I have both and they are both high quality pieces of human ingenuity. So, stop with the 'Xbox is better than GameCube' remarks, and just stick with the 'Everything is better than PS2 argument'. Heh heh ;).
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:53
Regular
Ant Ant wrote:
Not exactly impressive, so to be
> honest the launch isn't much better than the PS2 launch.
>

Just cause they are already out on the PS2 doesn't make them bad games, at the end of the day the GC launch was a lot stronger than PS2.

The PS2 line-up was Timesplitters (inferior to perfect Dark, SSX and Dead or Alive 2 then the rest was just rubbish.'

On the GC you have Wave Race, Super Monkey ball, Tony Hawks 3, Rogue Leader, Crazy taxi, Luigi's Mansion, ISS2, Sonic Adventure 2 etc etc.

There are more but i'm bored of listing them, so basically to say the PS2 launch was as good would be like saying that Lisa Riley is as nice to look at as Denise Richards.

Anyway i refuse to argue a about this so ummm we all like different consoles YAY us!!!
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:52
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Garbe shutup, X Box kills nothing maybe the launch line-up was strong
> but I don't see any decent releases other than PS2 ports.

And gamecubes
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:51
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Garbe shutup, X Box kills nothing maybe the launch line-up was strong
> but I don't see any decent releases other than PS2 ports.

And gamecubes
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:49
garbe123 wrote:
> ½pint wrote:
> What would you rather us talk about then? The pros and cons of the
> PlayStation 2 being the least technologically advanced consoles, how
> the launch line up on the GameCube has games to beat everything the
> PS2 can throw at them (except MGS2 and FF10, but contenders will
> still
> arrive). Or what about how 'amazing' all of the PS2's mediocre
> 'best
> games' are.
>
> You're just jealous that you've got a console which is outperformed
> in
> every way except sales by the GameCube.
>
> LOL, don't get too high and mighty, just remember that the GameCube is
> no where near as good or as powerful as the X-BOX and the release
> callendar on the X-BOX beats both the PS2's and GameCubes put
> together!

So you've said over and over again.. SHUT UP about that stupid PC NOW!!!!
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:47
Regular
Garbe shutup, X Box kills nothing maybe the launch line-up was strong but I don't see any decent releases other than PS2 ports.
Mon 06/05/02 at 19:19
By the way Ortega, I meant Smackdown 4 as in the new one that's coming out later this year. Hopefully they can improve on the good but disappointing SD3.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.