GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SHENMUE IIx"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 12:52
Regular
atlast some more news on shenmue 2x, first of all its been annouced on the official shenmue web site that it will come in english speech, did you like the japanese speech on the dc?, well dont worry you can toggle between english and japanese adding some much needed reply value.
Second up is that it will be at E3, only its in the microsoft both and not sega's, and thats how people thought it wasnt going to be there, they kept looking at segas list!.
Well already ive decided to buy it dispite having it on the dc the improved graphics and the english speech(hopefully with the same guy doing Ryo from the original shenmue), but still no word on its release date.=!¬}
Sun 05/05/02 at 17:24
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Silent85 wrote:
> Yep I cant wait for these games I got the 1st one but not the second
> one cos I had just got my ps2 and didn't like the japanese lingo.
the jap lingo was actually ok, it did give shenmue 2 allot more oriental flaver, only 1 problem was that while you were reading the subtitles you'd miss some of the action on screen.
But the good thing of having both jap and english speech is that you can play though the game on english then once completed you could play though again in jap, wont change the game that much but still its a cool touch.
Shenmue is my best game of all time, the reason I got the dreamcast and the reason why I will never get rid of it!!
Sun 05/05/02 at 15:28
Regular
0utlaw wrote:
> One question: Does it have that mingin' pop-up that most Sega games
> have (that's what dissappointed me with Crazy Taxi on PS2).
>
> Will Crazy Taxi: High Roller have this problem aswell? Or is it just
> the software differences?

The 2nd city on Crazy Taxi suffered from bad pop-up, but the 1st main city wasn't that bad.
On "Crazy Taxi 2" the pop-up had almost been completely eliminated.
Crazy Taxi 2 was far better than Crazy Taxi 1.
So I expect Crazy Taxi 3 to be free of all pop-up.

Don't blame SEGA for pop-up.
Many games have it, but slowly but surely it's being reduced.
GTA3 had little bits of pop-up.
Games with big game worlds can suffer from it.

By the way, Shenmue has no pop-up.
It still has the best graphics I've ever seen on a console game.
Sun 05/05/02 at 14:57
Yep I cant wait for these games I got the 1st one but not the second one cos I had just got my ps2 and didn't like the japanese lingo.
Sun 05/05/02 at 14:37
Regular
"this is a tagline"
I've never played the first one, but I expect it was as good as everyone else makes out.

One question: Does it have that mingin' pop-up that most Sega games have (that's what dissappointed me with Crazy Taxi on PS2).

Will Crazy Taxi: High Roller have this problem aswell? Or is it just the software differences?

AAARGH!!
Sun 05/05/02 at 14:20
Regular
I have already e-mailed them asking about both and saying what a great idea it is, if veryone does this we could be on for a winner with both.
Sun 05/05/02 at 13:57
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah, I'll end up grabbing that game too. ;-)
Sun 05/05/02 at 13:34
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
i want shenmue, i love that game so much.

as soon as that comes to x box i'll be running to the stores to get the x box with that game.

i can't wait to see what it looks like, it looked amazine on the now slightly dated DC.

R.I.P DC
Sun 05/05/02 at 13:28
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Infact I have just come from the shenmue site and have sent them an e-mail telling them my Idea so if anyone else fancys e-mailing them to say its a good idea or if you have any of your own go for [email protected].., it may be too late for usa but I bet theres still time for us to get it included
Sun 05/05/02 at 13:14
Regular
Yeah, converting the Shenmue movie and putting it in with Shenmue II would be good.
And Shenmue I coming out as a budget SEGA classic.... nice.
Sun 05/05/02 at 13:03
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
shenmue 1 and 2 would be sweet but theres rumour that shenmue 1 will be released among the sega classic package there gonna bring out.
But I have a better Idea I reckon sega us or microsoft should convert the shenmue movie dvd and sell it with shenmue 2x as it goes allot deeper then the first game, or they should really really just release it in the usa or even better over here Id happilly pay £20+ for it!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.