GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SHENMUE IIx"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 12:52
Regular
atlast some more news on shenmue 2x, first of all its been annouced on the official shenmue web site that it will come in english speech, did you like the japanese speech on the dc?, well dont worry you can toggle between english and japanese adding some much needed reply value.
Second up is that it will be at E3, only its in the microsoft both and not sega's, and thats how people thought it wasnt going to be there, they kept looking at segas list!.
Well already ive decided to buy it dispite having it on the dc the improved graphics and the english speech(hopefully with the same guy doing Ryo from the original shenmue), but still no word on its release date.=!¬}
Wed 08/05/02 at 12:33
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
shenmue is due for a winter 2002 release according to the new IGN release list....oh man i thought it would be alot earlier, I guess that puts the plug on the "shenmue 3 coming this year" rumour, I guess I could play though shenmue 1 again??
Tue 07/05/02 at 11:54
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Console_kid wrote:
> cos the voice overs were a bit rubbish.

I thought the voice overs in the first game were brillient and by far the best on any game ive plyed, but they were a bit dodgy on shenmue 2, but ill let sega off as they did release it on a dead console!!!

> I also hope they add in the much rumoured extra level, when Ryo is on
> the ferry!

As far as I know that was only a rumuor and nothing more.
Mon 06/05/02 at 20:05
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
I LOVED the music in Shenmmue! It suited the game to an absolute tee! Im not exagerating when I say, I think Shenmue had some of the best in game music ever on a game, with Metal Gear Solid following closely behind! For some reason, the different types of music down the harbour, when ur working and in ur Hazuki Residence really suited the game so well. However im only talking about the music, not so much sound effects, cos the voice overs were a bit rubbish.

I really hope Sega put their effort into Shenmue2, cos i wanna see it look really good on Xbox, with no slow down or fade in or pop up!! I also hope they add in the much rumoured extra level, when Ryo is on the ferry!

However, as I have completed Shenmue 1 and 2 on Dreamcast, my main wish is for Shenmmue 3 to come onto Xbox!!! And i hope the third game will be the ultimate shenmue!
Mon 06/05/02 at 16:13
Regular
0utlaw wrote:
> Aaaaah, so a pretty pointless question!! They could fade them out at
> all of the FMV's and so forth?
>
> Crap, was that a pointless question?!
>
> I DON'T CARE!! It needs answering :-p

To get the real atmosphere of Shenmues the best FMV are directed by a japanese orchestra so having Alig rapping me julie with shaggy in and amongst a tense moment it would sort of spoil the games cinematic direction, any more pointless questions?
Mon 06/05/02 at 16:12
Regular
The music on Shenmue 1&2 is perfect for the type of game it is, so there's no need to meddle with it.
Mon 06/05/02 at 16:07
Regular
"this is a tagline"
Aaaaah, so a pretty pointless question!! They could fade them out at all of the FMV's and so forth?

Crap, was that a pointless question?!

I DON'T CARE!! It needs answering :-p
Mon 06/05/02 at 16:02
Regular
0utlaw wrote:
> Do you think we'll be able to put our own MP3's into the game? I've
> never played the first 2 (?), so I don't know if you need the SFX
> really badly.
>
> Was that a pointless question? :-S

LOL! I doubt it very much that you will be able to play Mp3's in the game, you wold miss out on all of the story.
Mon 06/05/02 at 15:56
Regular
"this is a tagline"
Do you think we'll be able to put our own MP3's into the game? I've never played the first 2 (?), so I don't know if you need the SFX really badly.

Was that a pointless question? :-S
Mon 06/05/02 at 15:51
Regular
V.V.V.V.V wrote:
> Even though I played Shenmue 1,2 on the Dreamcast, I'll still buy
> Shenmue 2, but what I really want is Shenmue 3 and 4 and 5 and.....
> hopefully all Xbox exclusive.

They will be X-BOX exclusive, this is not a dig at the PS2 or GameCube but what the X-BOX can do will bring the later Shenmues into the super-natural! Shenmue 3 is supposed to be out before this christmas, does anyone know when Shenmue 2 come out on X-BOX?
Mon 06/05/02 at 15:24
Regular
Even though I played Shenmue 1,2 on the Dreamcast, I'll still buy Shenmue 2, but what I really want is Shenmue 3 and 4 and 5 and..... hopefully all Xbox exclusive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.