GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SHENMUE IIx"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 12:52
Regular
atlast some more news on shenmue 2x, first of all its been annouced on the official shenmue web site that it will come in english speech, did you like the japanese speech on the dc?, well dont worry you can toggle between english and japanese adding some much needed reply value.
Second up is that it will be at E3, only its in the microsoft both and not sega's, and thats how people thought it wasnt going to be there, they kept looking at segas list!.
Well already ive decided to buy it dispite having it on the dc the improved graphics and the english speech(hopefully with the same guy doing Ryo from the original shenmue), but still no word on its release date.=!¬}
Tue 21/05/02 at 13:10
Anyone know when Shenmue 2X is out?
Wed 15/05/02 at 18:44
X-box will get a flurry of games much sooner than when the ps2 first got realeased
Wed 15/05/02 at 17:54
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
from the shenmue point of view I wouldnt mind if shenmue went multi-platform i.e ps2, gc and xbox, becuase then more people would be able to sample the delights of shenmue, it annoys me to kno end that no-one else i know has played shenmue becuase they didnt own a dc.
But from my point of view sega better release all future shenmues on the xbox, i didnt buy the huge black beech to play the ob1 game...damn it!!
Thu 09/05/02 at 17:18
Yea cant wait for the shenmue series to continue on the x-box :)
Thu 09/05/02 at 16:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
no one? i thuought so. shenmue II was great, but i completed it far too quickly - playing the first game meant that i breezed through it in under 10 hours easily, maybe less. i spent most of that time earning money by fighting though.
i think that the japanese voices made it more authentic, but it also decreased the hilarity value.
i mean, when ryo bought something in the original, he said "this" and "ahh" when they offered him a lottery ticket.
i was dissapointed by the end of shenmue II though. the entire last disk was so so boring and uneventfull. you just walked and walked and talked and talked and picked up some twigs and found a sword. then the story takes a really weird turn. i was hoping for more fights in a cage with a guy who keeps going back on his word to only have one round. oh well
Thu 09/05/02 at 16:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
anyone who didn't like the DC PUT THEIR HAND UP
Wed 08/05/02 at 20:46
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I'll buy that for a dollar, silent85......ill buy that!!
Wed 08/05/02 at 19:03
yakumo wrote:
> Silent85 wrote:
> Yep I cant wait for these games I got the 1st one but not the second
> one cos I had just got my ps2 and didn't like the japanese lingo.
> the jap lingo was actually ok, it did give shenmue 2 allot more
> oriental flaver, only 1 problem was that while you were reading the
> subtitles you'd miss some of the action on screen.
> But the good thing of having both jap and english speech is that you
> can play though the game on english then once completed you could play
> though again in jap, wont change the game that much but still its a
> cool touch.
> Shenmue is my best game of all time, the reason I got the dreamcast
> and the reason why I will never get rid of it!!

I still think the dc was one of the best consoles ever
Wed 08/05/02 at 14:38
Regular
beanz wrote:
> i thought the voice overs in shenmue 1 were TERRIBLE....face
> cringingly bad...i prefered the japo voice overs

I prefer the Japanese voice-overs, but I don't think the English voices were that bad - well apart from the endless "I see" moments.
Wed 08/05/02 at 14:03
Regular
"accidental superher"
i thought the voice overs in shenmue 1 were TERRIBLE....face cringingly bad...i prefered the japo voice overs

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.