GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SHENMUE IIx"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 12:52
Regular
atlast some more news on shenmue 2x, first of all its been annouced on the official shenmue web site that it will come in english speech, did you like the japanese speech on the dc?, well dont worry you can toggle between english and japanese adding some much needed reply value.
Second up is that it will be at E3, only its in the microsoft both and not sega's, and thats how people thought it wasnt going to be there, they kept looking at segas list!.
Well already ive decided to buy it dispite having it on the dc the improved graphics and the english speech(hopefully with the same guy doing Ryo from the original shenmue), but still no word on its release date.=!¬}
Sat 01/06/02 at 18:22
Regular
Shenmue rules you lucky b'sterds, i'm just praying for it to come to Cube. Also you get the new Outrun game, what is it with Sega and Bill Gates? are they shagging or something?

:D
Sat 01/06/02 at 14:01
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
in the post before that i explained it, come on nomad pay attention, or you will grow up to dumb to flip burgers.......or something!!
it may come with shenmue 2x on the same dvd disk!!!!! how cool!!!!!!!.
I dont see the point in not releasing shenmue 2x here, it will still sell well as there are way more intereast in the xbox then there was in the dreamcast over here!!
Wed 29/05/02 at 18:55
Regular
yakumo wrote:
> I just read in xgamer.com above a screen shot they wrote shenmue 2x,
> only for the US???, whats with that?.
> Another new thing I forgot was that you could take pics or screen
> shots in the game and view them....kinda cool!!

Seeing there's a load of sweet-looking views [especially in Kowloon] in Shenmue II, snapping pictures is a good idea.
Is Shenmue I coming out on XBOX at all?
I can't understand why they're not releasing both games at the same time.
Wed 29/05/02 at 18:39
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I just read in xgamer.com above a screen shot they wrote shenmue 2x, only for the US???, whats with that?.
Another new thing I forgot was that you could take pics or screen shots in the game and view them....kinda cool!!
Mon 27/05/02 at 20:44
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
more news from the dojo:

"When I asked the MS rep about the inclusion of Japanese voices, he said "TBA and depends on space and time". So it is not definite if it will have Japanese voices. Another interesting thing that he said was that they are thinking about including Shenmue 1 on the same disc if space permits! Hmm...."

~Kenshiro~(a dojo staff member at E3).

the jap speech may not make it but shenmue 1 might???, the Jap voices are cool and all but I would rather have shenmue 1 and 2x on the same DVD.
Also Gamespot interviewed yu suzuki(also on the shenmue dojo) he said that one of the improvments over the dc version is the sound, its now in 5.1 dolby surround sound...........sweet!!, errrr forgotten the rest...cheers beeeech!
Fri 24/05/02 at 16:01
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
No problemo, dudereno.

On a different topic completely It would be cool if they release one of the power stone games with the sega classics on the xbox, those games rule!!
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:45
Thanks for that mate :)
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:05
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Theres some shenmue IIx screen shots at www.shenmuedojo.com, from what Ive heard people at e3 are saying "it looks great but reckon the xbox could handle more", so only time will tell how great it will be again.
I got some pics on the shenmuedojo fan art bit...............I rule!!
Wed 22/05/02 at 12:58
Argh how we all love Shenmue
Tue 21/05/02 at 13:32
Regular
I don't exactly, but sometime this year for certain. I can't for Shenmue III, which is definately coming to XBOX. Where will Ryo head to next? Will he be reunited with Nozomi? So many questions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.