GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SHENMUE IIx"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 12:52
Regular
atlast some more news on shenmue 2x, first of all its been annouced on the official shenmue web site that it will come in english speech, did you like the japanese speech on the dc?, well dont worry you can toggle between english and japanese adding some much needed reply value.
Second up is that it will be at E3, only its in the microsoft both and not sega's, and thats how people thought it wasnt going to be there, they kept looking at segas list!.
Well already ive decided to buy it dispite having it on the dc the improved graphics and the english speech(hopefully with the same guy doing Ryo from the original shenmue), but still no word on its release date.=!¬}
Mon 10/06/02 at 20:47
yea so far so good
Mon 10/06/02 at 14:08
Regular
yakumo wrote:
> For anyone who were smart enough to have themselfs a dreamcast and
> have played shenmue 2 it has been revealed that ryo will go back to
> Japan in shenmue III, oh and its already in production.......but on
> what bloody platform!!!!!!!!!

It's got to be Xbox. Everything is pointing in that direction with Shenmue IIx being (at the moment) an Xbox exclusive.
Mon 03/06/02 at 20:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Lost count of how much pocket money I spent everyday in the game on those little toys. ;-))

Plus it was fun shopping for things for the cat and music cassettes, etc.
:-)
Mon 03/06/02 at 09:10
Regular
Shenmue II is amazing - I spent hours and hours in a smoky underground betting houses playing those dice gambling games.
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:38
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Fighting in shenmue was cool. The QTE events wern't used enough. The best one was when you had to chase the dodgy geezer from the travel agency all around the town, dodging people and jumping over things.

And playing that boxing game in the arcade. It was cool.
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I remember that. ;-)) One of my favourite parts of the game had to be the fight in the bar. ;-)
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:09
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Ryo: "Excuse me"

Old Man: "Yes?"

Ryo: "Do you know a guy named charlie?"

Old Man: "Charlie, eh?"

Ryo: " He wears a black leather jacket, sunglasses and has a tattoo on his arm"

Old Man: "Sorry, I've never heard of him"

Remember that? LOL :P
Sun 02/06/02 at 21:50
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Shenmue ranks as one of my favourite games ever. I completed the first one three times for my DC.

I never got round to buying shenmue 2, but I will be buying it for the xbox. If the news of shenmue 1&2 being on the same disk are true, forget the new Zelda, Shenmue on Xbox is the only one you'll need.

Ahh I remember, the great soundtrack, the good voice acting(for a videogame) and that increadably cheesy moment where Ryo gives Nazomi a ride on the Moterbike.

Dam, all this talk is making me want to spar with Fukusan in the dojo. :P
Sun 02/06/02 at 20:46
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
hhaaaaagggghhhhhhhhhhhh streets of rage would rule so much!!!.
For anyone who were smart enough to have themselfs a dreamcast and have played shenmue 2 it has been revealed that ryo will go back to Japan in shenmue III, oh and its already in production.......but on what bloody platform!!!!!!!!!
Sat 01/06/02 at 21:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Sega just know a great console when they see one. ;-) Seriously though, the X-Box is certainly getting some great titles from Sega. :-) Hoping that news about Streets of Rage is true. ;-))

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.