GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UA's Rogue Leader thread"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/05/02 at 12:25
Regular
I find it quite odd that the popularity of this forum hasn't gone through the roof since the release of Gamecube. Oh well...
Seeing as this is meant to be the most popular launch title and I have it, I thought I'd start a thread about it.

I'm finding it really hard to get used to at the mo. I'm only on the 4th mission...the one where you've gotta take out the force field, using the crappest ship available (Y-wing). It's really hard to spot the Tie's in space, ya know.
Sun 12/05/02 at 18:23
"Mimmargh!"
thegerrid wrote:
> you copied that out of NGC magazine. it ahs exactly the same tip in
> "HOW TO TAKE OUT A STAR DESTROYER IN UNDER 60 SECONDS"
> don't plagiarise material and call it your own

Ok!
a) I did not copy that, there is only one way to kill it so its bound to be the same as in a magazine

b) I was just offering advice, its not like I posted this in the Cheats section to win GAD is it!?

c) Did I once call that my own!? Did I!?

d) Don't tell me you got your NGC and looked at it word for word with my topic!? I hope not or you really need a life.

Damn Newbies always going ''oowww he cheated, he copied he is a idiot blah blah blah''.
Sun 12/05/02 at 18:15
Regular
"bit of a brain"
on a lighter note, who knows where to get the seeker proton missile upgrades? i want tehm now!
or any other upgrades that aren't:
advanced shields
advanced lasers
advanced targeting computer
" proton bombs
" concussion missiles
" proton missiles

thanks
Sun 12/05/02 at 18:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
you copied that out of NGC magazine. it ahs exactly the same tip in
"HOW TO TAKE OUT A STAR DESTROYER IN UNDER 60 SECONDS"
don't plagiarise material and call it your own
Sun 12/05/02 at 18:04
"Mimmargh!"
Both the TIE and Slave 1 suck big time, and I didn't think much to the Falcon either.
Darths Tie Advanced rules though.

To complete Razor Rondevous:
Tell your wingmates to attack the Ties immediatly; this will protect the frigate.

Full speed towards the Star Destroyer and let loose 6 torpedos on each of the domes at the top and then finnish them off with some laser blasts.

Kamikarzi into the dome underneath the ship (targeting helps).

Fire all your missiles into the dome you crashed into.

Then fly towards a little bridge on the front of the Star Destroyer and crash into it, it will explode and go to the cutscene and you won't, lose a life.

You need to take out additional gun turrets if you want Gold but you should definatly get Silver.

Fly straight from the start to find a shuttle on this level and blow it up for an upgrade.
Sun 12/05/02 at 16:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The Slave 1 is good for getting gold on Ison Corridor Ambush (does anyone else think that a corridor ambush sounds like great fun? no? just me then)
because the cluster missiles take out the first groups of ties real quick, then you can crash and get the bombs regenerated, and then take out the interceptors.
Sun 12/05/02 at 13:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I have Revenge on Yavin up. Got a silver on it. I now have 1 gold and 13 silver medals. Just got Boba Fetts ship and to be honest, I was gutted cause its crap. :-(

Its got cluster missles that lock on to enemies, which is excellent for taking out TIE's, but once they run out your screwed. It goes as fast as a Y-Wing and is as weak as a TIE ! The only mission its really any help on is after the Razor one when you chase the crashing Stardestroyer to the planets surface.
Sat 11/05/02 at 20:58
Regular
Easy way to complete Razor is get quite a lot of height on the Star Destroyer and attack it from behind that way you don't get hit my so many gun turrets. Also when it says protect the transport just ignore that and go straight for the Star Destroyer.
Sat 11/05/02 at 20:53
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
any tips for razor renedvouz? I cant get past it and i cant get a medal on trhe one before either! wicked game though. my favourite level is easily the battle of hoth!
Sat 11/05/02 at 20:40
"Mimmargh!"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Has anyone got the bonus level where the roles are reversed from the
> first mission ? Its excellent to attack the rebels as Darth Vader and
> using his TIE Advanced, its not all that hard. But I tried as a
> normal TIE today which has no secondary weapon and this is where I
> noticed something pretty annoying which goes the same way for the
> original mission as it does the bonus version. As you get into dog
> fights and pursue enemies, theres a barrier that turns you back at
> certain points - the overall arena for this mission seems to be quite
> small and its annoying because you get turned when you have a clear
> shot while the enemies can just fly beyond this barrier well out of
> range.

If you liked that mission you should try to unlock the next bonus mission:
Revenge on Yavin; it's a classic.
Yes the barrier is very annoying, I just fire loads of cluster bombs on that mission...
Sat 11/05/02 at 14:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Has anyone got the bonus level where the roles are reversed from the first mission ? Its excellent to attack the rebels as Darth Vader and using his TIE Advanced, its not all that hard. But I tried as a normal TIE today which has no secondary weapon and this is where I noticed something pretty annoying which goes the same way for the original mission as it does the bonus version. As you get into dog fights and pursue enemies, theres a barrier that turns you back at certain points - the overall arena for this mission seems to be quite small and its annoying because you get turned when you have a clear shot while the enemies can just fly beyond this barrier well out of range.

A bit annoying. :-( I mean I knew about it before but having a secondary weapon to take a lot of fighters out quickly pretty much minimised the amount of times I ran into the problem. I like being the normal TIE though. ;-) Looks like it has shields too when used for the Empire bonus missions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.